What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Segeyaro tests positive for performance enhancing substance

MilkShark

First Grade
Says the guy who didn't know he played for the Sharks... I have to ask, have you even heard of the f**ker?
haha say what now?

Bro, I meant he came from other clubs before us.

Settle down champ

On another topic, mods, please fix the ads on this site. It legit took me 20 refreshes just to login.

ACTPanthers

Bench
haha say what now?

Bro, I meant he came from other clubs before us.

Settle down champ

On another topic, mods, please fix the ads on this site. It legit took me 20 refreshes just to login.

Brother, I'm as settled as they come ;) But I see my error - Your post sounded as though you were saying he only played for Cows and Panthers, nothing but a misinterpretation

Vee

First Grade
No problems until he went to Cronulla. Just sayin..
... Not ENTIRELY true... He was "consorting" with known crims when at the Panthers which I think may have been start of this particular slippery slope he is currently on.
No drug problems. Happy?

ACTPanthers

Bench
No problems until he went to Cronulla. Just sayin..
No drug problems. Happy?
As a general rule... not really... I hate my job, can't seem to shake this f**king rash, and my kids drive me up the wall. But yes, I'm very happy you made that clear. Thanks.

mikail-eagle

Bench
So free to play from June 2021.
Which Clubs could come for him ?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/18/james-segeyaro-statement/

James Segeyaro statement
NRL Media ReleaseNRL Media
Thu 18 Feb 2021, 03:37 PM

In considering the circumstances of the breach, the Tribunal found that whilst Mr Segeyaro bore a significant degree of responsibility for the positive result, he had not intentionally taken the Ligandrol, which was likely to have entered his system via the use of a food blender maintained by a member of his household that contained residues of the substance. Having been satisfied that the doping was not intentional, the Tribunal determined that Mr Segeyaro was entitled to a reduced sanction under the WADA Code.

Mr Segeyaro’s suspension is taken to have commenced on the date of his provisional suspension on 3 October 2019 and will expire on 2 June 2021.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
which was likely to have entered his system via the use of a food blender maintained by a member of his household that contained residues of the substance.

Really don't see much point in this. The judgement is that he had a trace in his system from a blender, which did not benefit his performance in any way.

Having been satisfied that the doping was not intentional

Yet he still paid the price, albeit a shortened sanction

Exsilium

First Grade
When I first read about the whole blender incident, I was like “gee, drawing a long bow” but it seems the authorities didn’t agree.

He’s always been an up and down player, the feleti mateo of hookers. He’ll get a gig for sure but there’s every possibility he’d do something stupid again.

siv

First Grade
9 month or 12 game suspension for blender not washed

But 3 weeks for deliberate injections

Go figure

some11

Referee
Broncos likely sign him as back up since it gets pretty f**king thin after Turpin (most people wouldn't even know who he is either).

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder how he proved that it was contaminated from the blender? Physical evidence or room mate providing evidence he used it for that purpose? Sounds a pretty good defence for any future sportsman if they can get a mate to fess up!

BadnMean

Juniors
I wonder how he proved that it was contaminated from the blender? Physical evidence or room mate providing evidence he used it for that purpose? Sounds a pretty good defence for any future sportsman if they can get a mate to fess up!

Shayna Jack is on the same one.

The can of worms opened by ludicrous defences like this (which WILL just be rinsed & recycled by other athletes and ALOT more thoroughly than they seem to be rinsing their blenders in between cycles) - the can of worms is why they went to mandatory 2 or 4 years sentences years & years back anyway. Not sure why they went away from that.

Bulldog2020

Juniors
If he is unable to secure a contract with an NRL club, he should sign with the Hunters in preparation for playing for PNG at the world cup (assuming it goes ahead).

Latest posts