What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seggy > Knights

shaggs

Coach
Well my thinking is that we need an interim backup for JB, and blood BB mid season. This will definitely be our combo next year and one will have to go to hooker eventually.
Why can’t jayden play 80? Let him pass and run and kick.
A 40 minutes shovelling tackler is a terrible use of the guy who touches the ball the most times every game.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Frenzy.

Immortal
Haha yeah that’s him.
Brayden and Jayden. Who would do that.

Who suggested korisau? He is terrible. Granville was diarrhoea this year as well.

My only comment to this is, the Cowboys were diarrhoea this year and Rattle had 3-4 very good seasons prior to this. He might excel in new environs. He’s sharp, passes well both ways, has a kick, tackles trucks for practice and is durable.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Why can’t jayden play 80? Let him pass and run and kick.
A 40 minutes shovelling tackler is a terrible use of the guy who touches the ball the most times every game.

I think once the decision on which Brailey is the better Brailey we'll see the one we keep become a 80 minute hooker.

They've both mentioned their desire to be starting 80 min hookers. So if the Sharks don't make the call one of them might imo. So I think we need to get Brailey Jr in next year to see if he's the better one. I think he certainly seems to show the most flair and creativity in attack along with a pretty good kicking game. Only issue is his size, he has some weight to put on.

I'm not that sad to see Segy go. Terrible passing game and you wouldn't know what Segy you'd get some games. Sometimes he was fantastic, other times rubbish. Flanno ball needs more consistency at hooker.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think once the decision on which Brailey is the better Brailey we'll see the one we keep become a 80 minute hooker.

They've both mentioned their desire to be starting 80 min hookers. So if the Sharks don't make the call one of them might imo. So I think we need to get Brailey Jr in next year to see if he's the better one. I think he certainly seems to show the most flair and creativity in attack along with a pretty good kicking game. Only issue is his size, he has some weight to put on.

I'm not that sad to see Segy go. Terrible passing game and you wouldn't know what Segy you'd get some games. Sometimes he was fantastic, other times rubbish. Flanno ball needs more consistency at hooker.

It’s a dilemma.

Already 2 years invested in Jayden and he would be no where near his best.

Blayke would need years to develop as well and there is no way of knowing if the form he shows in lowers is translatable to NRL. Jayden was a different player who showed far more in the lowers as well. Would Blayke be able to or even allowed to bring the same skill set to NRL?

I think what they want is irrelevant in the big picture. I reckon the only way for now is for Blayke to play the Seggy role in 2019. They have to keep developing Jayden or they waste 2 years and as mentioned, he is no where near as good as he will be.

The thing is, with Flanoball, kids come up and play very conservatively. They get simple jobs and do them for about 100 games. They shine in the lowers, look like superstars then get promoted with shackles on. Ramien is probably an exception. Dillon is a beast in reggies but that didnt translate to NRL. Katoa didnt translate to NRL that well either. Maybe Blayke will be different.

One will end up at Melbourne. Bellamy is watching.