What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

selection headache!

Redback71

First Grade
how do we fit stringer, ridell, tahu and grothe back in the side with such a dominate display like that. have we found the right combination.

for starts b.smith, petersen, moi moi must remain in the side for round 11 v the eagles.

Sterling

Juniors
ben smith to take wagons spot in the centres ...... wagon to lock

burt to premmies and perterson in....

moi moi on the bench ....

I would definately leave Moi Moi on the bench. Tahu and stringer need to lift if they want to keep there spots.

eelusive

Juniors
yeah im with jake.. tahu has done nothing for parra imo, ben smith takes his spot and scores a try straight away from a long return to 1st grade.. seems as tahu takes 10 yrs to score
tahu should be dropped to premier league until he has proven himself what he really is mad of

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Ben Smith :thumnn Did he play right or left centre? They should leave him where he played and give Tahu the other spot no matter what.

Even if Petersen had a good game, he's just as likely to come out next game and play badly. Dropping Burt won't happen I don't think.

I haven't seen the game but I think Fui needs a bench spot, massive impact by all reports. Just hope he doesn't get suspended again.

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T Smith

8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Moi Moi
17. Vella

Bye Bye Peeky and Robbo :nwave:. Peek isn't bad but after today, out of him and Moimoi, there's just no room for him. And Robinson needs time in PL I think to find a bit of form.

scottyeel

Bench
Moi Moi was brilliant, so hard to stop. Then he got smashed twice and jumped straight up. I would have loved to listen to ray today.

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
Redback71 said:
how do we fit stringer, ridell, tahu and grothe back in the side with such a dominate display like that. have we found the right combination.

for starts b.smith, petersen, moi moi must remain in the side for round 11 v the eagles.

why would smithy want to drop any of these blokes? surely he can't punish any of them by dropping them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

thedux

Juniors
How can you drop blikes that only missed this game because they were injured during a REP game?! I agree that B Smith might get a shot at the other centre spot and Burt's position should be under review, but the others have hardly been the weakness this year.

Avenger

Immortal
Moi Moi for mine is a player that we have needed from the bench to change the tempo of a game. Widders and PJ Marsh cannot always be relied upon to do it.

bartman

Immortal
We've got squad depth that can handle most situations, as long as the selected players fire up on the day.

Sounds like even though "understrength" we got the motivation and concentration right today. :clap:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Moi Moi can lift a game like Jason Cayless did in the ANZAC test. Big mongrel foward who single-handedly lifted his team and made them look like they were a good chance during the match. Peek though, well he'll come on and do a job and let nobody down but he won't turn a game around if we're down 10-0 early. He needs to start or not play I think and there's no room for him to start with Cayless and Stringer (who I think played outstanding against City) playing like they are.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
i dunno if its just me but i would actualy prefer Peek over Vella.. peek has been very solid and is starting to really get moving with his hitups while keeping up the usual defensive efforts of past.

fui fui deffinately needs a bench spot :D

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Moi Moi
17. Peek

theicemandanno

Juniors
There is NO WAY Peek will not be in the side for the Manly game. He was Outstanding today, best game for Parra for sure. Fui was AWESOME, like the Manly game last year, when he came on he made an immediate impact and turned the game on its head. Other standout performers were Widders, McKinnon, and Petersen.

Presuming all players return from injury next game, our side should look like this:

1. McKinnon
2. Petersen
3. Tahu
4. Ben Smith
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Tim Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Peek
17. Fui Fui Moi Moi.

Petersen showed enough today to force Burt out of the side. He was smiply outstanding. Ben Smith outplayed Josh Hannay, and his defence was flawless. From today's game, Robinson was a clear dropee for the next game, quiet and limited gametime. Vella played well, his hitups were excellent however Peek and Moi Moi were better, and Stringer will walk back into the side. O'Dwyer was good also, but we cant fit them all in.

So, for the Manly game:

IN: Tahu, Grothe, Riddell, Stringer.
OUT: Burt, O'Dwyer, Robinson, Vella (MOST UNLUCKY)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ben Smith has to stay in the 13, and Fui has to stay in the 17

I don treally care about the rest

Fui is the impact player thast we have been looking for

bartman

Immortal
Don't forget State of Origin players may not be in the side that round?

Gives someone a shot at at least Hindy's spot...

parra001

Juniors
lets keep Benny in the centres and push tahu back to the wing...Smithy's a REAL centre who can promote the ball and tahu will benefit from this.....Oh yeah and if Timana doesnt like it he can enjoy reggies if you ask me.......

Macca_

Coach
yeah im with jake.. tahu has done nothing for parra imo, ben smith takes his spot and scores a try straight away from a long return to 1st grade.. seems as tahu takes 10 yrs to score
tahu should be dropped to premier league until he has proven himself what he really is mad of

You are joking right?

Thats one of the first games we have really put it together and actually looked really dangerous. Who is to say that Tahu would not have scored a try or 2 today the way we played?

Fair dink, have you seen Tahu's try scoring record in the NRL? He has to be back in that side when fit.

If Ben Smith stays in first grade it will be at centre with Tahu. Wagon back to lock. Its simple as that.

Macca_

eelusive

Juniors
Macca_ said:

You are joking right?

Thats one of the first games we have really put it together and actually looked really dangerous. Who is to say that Tahu would not have scored a try or 2 today the way we played?

Fair dink, have you seen Tahu's try scoring record in the NRL? He has to be back in that side when fit.

If Ben Smith stays in first grade it will be at centre with Tahu. Wagon back to lock. Its simple as that.

Macca_
yeah fair enough but its very frustrating too see who has so much potential not involved as much. i expected alot from tahu when we signed him.. lets hope when he's back he can show us what he is made of

Hurriflatch

Referee
With Origin players out (assuming Hindy is our only rep) and Tahu, Stringer, Riddell and Grothe are back

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Matt Petersen
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. John Morris
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless (C)
9. Mark Riddell
10. Paul Stringer
11. Chad Robinson
12. Glenn Morrison
13. Daniel Wagon

14. PJ Marsh
15. Dean Widders
16. Adam Peek
17. Fuifui Moimoi
18. Michael Vella

I'd be tempted to move Caylo back into the 2nd row start Vella at prop and dump Robinson.

If Grothe also makes Origin then Burt comes into the 17.