What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling Isaac Luke

CanberraRabbit

Juniors
The way Koroisau and McInnes are playing I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we sold Isaac. We'd get a shitload of money in the cap, and as much as Isaac helps us, he costs us with his stupid decision making and bad discipline.

GI Cordial

Juniors
The way Koroisau and McInnes are playing I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we sold Isaac. We'd get a shitload of money in the cap, and as much as Isaac helps us, he costs us with his stupid decision making and bad discipline.

Your a fool, he is makes the most tackles game in game out and around the ruck he is a rock. Very hard to win a comp without a great hooker. He is number 2 hooker in the game.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'd definitely test until end of next season (when his contract runs out)

Koroisau is a great hooker but i think McInnes still needs a year to fully get up to first grade like Api, but all in due time.

Big Sam

First Grade
We can't exactly 'sell' anyone - this isn't the Premier League. But not renewing his contract past 2015 is something that has to seriously be contemplated.

hunters

Juniors
Geez it doesn't take long for people to forget what an absolute game breaker Luke can be.

themacemaceman

Juniors
A good position to be in. We haven't had this much depth a hooker since we had Mario, Jim Sedaris and joe Thomas.

GI Cordial

Juniors

Now you know why Luke is a so vital, 2 guys for one position.

Zigwaa

Bench
I think the OP means collecting transfer fees.

But no, on his day he is the most damaging hooker in the game. Usually when he has a bad game it's on the back of an ineffective forward pack.

Seano

Juniors
Issac has been resigned till the end of 2017 - unexpected but I guess he's going nowhere.

Wonder what that means for api and cam

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Happy to keep Luke! Obviously will lose cam or api but I believe keeping Luke is a major part of our on going success.

Zigwaa

Bench
Glad to see Luke re-signed.

Unfortunately it looks like Api will go the same way as Beau Falloon and Nathan Peats before him. They will never crack a spot over Luke but are good enough for a starting spot at another club.

I'd like to see the two hookers, Luke and Korosau, used for the duration of the season though. Keeps fresh legs in an important position.

Zigwaa

Bench
Doubt they'll play two hookers.

Issac will play 80 and big Tom will come onto the bench.

I doubt they will as well. But imo it's the best fit for the team. Isaac provides more quality, he can be prone to missing tackles under fatigue. Another forward just makes it longer that our best forwards spend on the bench.

Rabbitohs Extend Contract of Issac Luke Until End of 2017 Season

Rabbitohs Media Release
Mon 19th May, 12:31PM
A A

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce the contract extension of one of the game’s best number nines, Kiwi representative Issac Luke, until the end of the 2017 season today.
Luke, 26, will become a ten-year-plus player in the cardinal and myrtle of South Sydney, having made his first grade debut for the Rabbitohs against the Melbourne Storm in 2007.
Luke has gone on to play 153 NRL matches, all for South Sydney, scoring 354 points from 33 tries and 111 goals. He has also represented New Zealand in 29 Test matches including winning the 2008 World Cup with the Kiwis.
Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire is very happy to have the services of Luke at the Club at least until the end of 2017.
“Issac is one of the key players at our Club and I’ve seen him become a leader amongst men during my time with the Rabbitohs,” Coach Maguire said.
“His work rate on the field is matched only by the effort he puts into his game and preparation off the field.
“He’s a family man, who has taken this Club to heart and you can see that every time he performs for the team.
“He’s one of those players that everyone wants to play with, and loves playing with, and that’s the kind of player we want at this Club.
“Issac is one of the premium hookers in the game and I couldn’t be happier that he has, again, committed long term to the Rabbitohs family.”
Luke said he is excited to have extended his tenure with his one and only NRL Club.
“I absolutely love this Club, I love playing with the boys, and I love representing the Members each week,” Luke said.
“Since ‘Madge’ joined the Club I’ve played my best football and I think everyone recognises that he’s brought the best out in me.
“My team mates are my brothers. This team is part of my family.
“I’m happy to be part of the history of this Club and hopefully I can play my part in building on the legacy that was created by the past players before us.
“I look at the premiership teams on the walls and I want to be up there on that wall with them, and everyone here at the Rabbitohs is working towards the one goal.
“I’m glad I have this part of my future sorted out and I can’t wait to get the all clear to get back out on the field and play my part in another special season with the Rabbitohs.”

Biography:
Name: Issac Luke
Date of Birth: 29 May 1987
Place of Birth: Hawera, NZ
Position: Hooker
Height: 174cm
Weight: 89kg
Junior Club: Hawera Hawks
Rep Honours: 29 Tests for New Zealand (2008-13); World Cup (2008 - Champions, 2013); Four Nations (2009-11); One game for NZ All Golds (2008); Junior Kiwis (2004-05); NZ Under 16s (2002)
NRL Games: 153 all for the Rabbitohs (2007 - current)
NRL Points: 354 from 33 tries and 111 goals
NRL Debut: Rabbitohs vs Storm, Olympic Park, 2 June 2007 (Rd 12)

To celebrate the contract extension of Rabbitohs player and Kiwi international Issac Luke, purchase a 2014 Rabbitohs jersey up until 10am, Thursday 22nd May, and opt to receive a free heat-sealed number nine valued at $10 so you can look just like Issac! To find out more and purchase yours, please click here.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/20...t_of_issac_luke_until_end_of_2017_season.html