What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi-Final 2: Broncos vs Knights *SPOILERS*

Brisbane Broncos vs Newcastle Knights

Aussie Stadium

Broncos Team:

1 Justin Hodges
2 Darius Boyd
3 Brent Tate
4 David Stagg
5 Karmichael Hunt
6 Darren Lockyer (c)
7 Shane Perry
8 Shane Webcke
9 Shaun Berrigan
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Sam Thaiday
12 Brad Thorn
13 Tonie Carroll

Interchange
14 Corey Parker
15 Dane Carlaw
16 Ben Hannant
17 Casey Mcguire
18 Tame Tupou

Knights Team:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Brian Carney
3. Matthew Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Josh Perry
9. Luke Quigley
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:
14. Luke Davico
15. Craig Smith
16. Riley Brown
17. Kirk Reynoldson
18. Daniel Abraham
19. Todd Lowrie

Broncos by 6

RABK

Referee
First time in their 19 year history these two great clubs and fierce rivals meet in a finals clash.

Lockyer vs Johns
Sudden Death Semi

Doesn't get any better then that - should be a cracker.

Knights by 7.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
How long will Simpson last? Perhaps we should start a poll? His shoulder looked like it was stuck together on Saturday. Surely he can't have recovered???

How many front on tackles with Hunt miss on the wing? How many tantrums with FC Johns have or will he just limp off if Lockyer gets the better of him? Will Lockyer's head finally explode? That vein on his head is getting bigger every week.

Should be a great game. Flucked if I can pick it.

RABK

Referee
I dunno but you can watch as you pick up the tissues from the previous night. ;-)

Our finals bitches.

RABK

Referee
1-0 in the ones that matter. ;-)

How i loved last friday night, the rain all week still doesn't add up to all the tears you manly skirts bawled on friday night. :LOL:

c_eagle

Juniors
The Knights fraternity, led by its captain, took the loss 3 weeks ago with such grace.

Ffs, you're probably the biggest dope on this forum and there is some stiff competition. We're both in the same point of the finals now, please continue tempting fate.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Knights by a few or Brisbane by plenty. In my expectation, either Johns will get the Knights home off the back of one of his brilliant games, or the Broncos will overrun them now they're minus Buderus, Seage, Thaiday, and one of Simpson's shoulders.

JJ

Immortal
Thaiday's available, Hagan's chosen to go with Gidley. Quigley is adequate - in Johns and Mullen Newcastle have real options. But it comes down to....

A battle of the Perrys...

Newcastle by 6

phonetic

Juniors
I would have been tempted to slot Hunt in at fullback after a so-so performance by Hodges on Saturday.

I think Brisbane will recover well and be too good for Newcastle. Buderus' loss cannot be underestimated. He is a big part to Johns' game, and while Quigley isn't a bad replacement, he's no Bedsy.

That Brisbane outfit is all class, with a questions mark hanging over Perry at halfback. He needs to step up.

Kiwi

First Grade
I would not be surprised to see this line up run out on the weekend.

Broncos Team:

1 Justin Hodges
2 Darius Boyd
3 Brent Tate
4 David Stagg
5 Tame Tupou
6 Darren Lockyer (c)
7 Karmichael Hunt
8 Shane Webcke
9 Shaun Berrigan
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Sam Thaiday
12 Brad Thorn
13 Tonie Carroll

Interchange
14 Corey Parker
15 Dane Carlaw
16 Ben Hannant
17 Casey Mcguire

Isnt Karmichael still very underdone? Thats a big risk for you guys playing an injured player and risking being a man short early on.

Which is why if Simo isnt close to a 100% they should start Abes, as the battle of the forwards will be a hugely physical affair and both teams will have it in there best interests to keep all as fit as possible.

IMO who will win.... Can somebody lend me a coin?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
First time in their 19 year history these two great clubs and fierce rivals meet in a finals clash.

Yeah that is interesting, both sides have been a force for a long time, you can date back to 1992 when Newcastle made their first semi and Brisbane were minor premiers and eventually won their first comp.

I think 2000 was probably the closest it came both sides meeting each other in a finals match. We all remember the preliminary final against the Roosters when they led 16-2 at halftime, only to be run down 26-20 at full time.

Then the following year in 2001, both sides were in the preliminary finals both of course Brisbane had no chance against Parramatta, they had too many injuries.

Of course in 1998, both sides were on top Brisbane 1st, Newcastle 2nd. The difference was Newcastle lost both semi's and were eliminated.

What a battle its going to be on Saturday, shame one of them has to go.

Briza

Juniors
tough game to pick.

it all depends on weather Bronco's turn up to play?

Either the they win it, or they lose it - if on song the Knights are f**ked.

JJ

Immortal
Briza said:
Either the they win it, or they lose it - if on song the Knights are f**ked.

disagree - quite the opposite IMO - depends on how Newcastle go..

We all know the Brisbane forwards will try and dominate - and will go close. If the Knights forwards can achieve parity or better, Johns et al will cut Brisbane up. If Hunt's not right, then the Knights really only have to worry about Lockyer (Perry is close to the worst half in firstt grade)...