What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final alleigances

dimitri

First Grade
It's rare that I agree with Dimitri, but it's Storm and Warriors for me too.

you would have a lot more credibility if you agreed with me more often

;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
I'd like to see the Warriors get up - it would be the best thing for RL in NZ and beyond.

Apart from that, I'm wth Southernsaint in looking forward to the Cricket.

Jono Russell

Bench
Willow said:
I'd like to see the Warriors get up - it would be the best thing for RL in NZ and beyond.

i say f**k rl in nz we need to work on our game in australia first, get it over to parts like W.A and country towns.we need to make league so big that even the world cup for unions doesnt compete with our final series

warriors_no 1

Juniors
Well like most of you guys 8) before i looked on this post i started a new one called who would be in the 2003 grand final and i picked a warriors/penrith grand final show down and that was my honest truth so i go with that 8)

JoeD

First Grade
somethingwithjohn said:
Willow said:

i say f**k rl in nz we need to work on our game in australia first, get it over to parts like W.A and country towns.we need to make league so big that even the world cup for unions doesnt compete with our final series

I'd say the best way to promote RL in the provinces so to speak is by strengthening the international game. A punter in say Adelaide has no club team to support, no state team to support so might only get behind the national team. Now thats never going to happen if the national team keeps floggong all comers by 30-50 points. The way to attract new people to league is to have a great showcase of a game that non league followers can in theory get behind. Somebody in WA who hasn't seen league before doesn't care about St George v Cronulla. They probably have no idea where these places are. They might care about Australia v NZ though, but only if it was a good game.

ozbash

Referee
JoeD said:
somethingwithjohn said:
Willow said:

I'd say the best way to promote RL in the provinces so to speak is by strengthening the international game. A punter in say Adelaide has no club team to support, no state team to support so might only get behind the national team. Now thats never going to happen if the national team keeps floggong all comers by 30-50 points. The way to attract new people to league is to have a great showcase of a game that non league followers can in theory get behind. Somebody in WA who hasn't seen league before doesn't care about St George v Cronulla. They probably have no idea where these places are. They might care about Australia v NZ though, but only if it was a good game.

something with john, that would have to be the stupidest thing i have seen this year in any forum...

its paranoid pricks like you who give aussie a bad name..

even aussies are getting sick of clowns like you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ozbash said:
JoeD said:
somethingwithjohn said:
Willow said:

something with john, that would have to be the stupidest thing i have seen this year in any forum...

its paranoid pricks like you who give aussie a bad name..

even aussies are getting sick of clowns like you.

steady on champ...
i thought he rasied some valid points bout the international game, i didnt follow the AFL at all but i do like to watch the Internation Rules series each year, now because of that i like to cheak out the scores..... at least thats something

Ultima

Juniors
Might be a start to get it on TV at least.... Anyway this is really off topic... I'll be going for the Raiders this year (duh) but if we weren't in it (something I don't have to think about often) then.... Hmm... Penrith? Storm? Warriors? One of them... Not one of the wanky "glammer" sides.... I should also say whoever is against the Roosters is my second favorite team.... For example I really like the Warriors this week :)

ozbash

Referee
i would like to see a raiders-panthers final if the warriors dont make it.
both teams have earnt it..

you will never promote,market,or spread the game while its administered from sydney (where i assume somethingswrongwithjohn comes from)

how can you promote the international game when sydneyites dont even see internationals as the highest level.
how can you promote the game when the club jersey is given more credence than the national strip
a classic example of this is the sydney based nrl expecting players to play for their country on friday night then the club on saturday.

the game needs to be taken away from these short sighted,money hungry pricks and given to an organisation that can see past its nose...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'm in two minds. Firstly I want some excitement, so that would rule out Raiders and Dogs based on their performance last week, and would suggest Warriors and Panthers.

Then, I want to see the game do well where it is up against other codes which are more successful. This suggests Storm, Warriors and to a lesser extent Raiders.

Then, I want to see Parra players, past and future, doing well. So maybe I should support the Canberra Eels (Hindmarsh, Drew, Shifcofske, Mogg, Hodgson). Storm get a mention with Sargent, Robinson (and Reynoldson). Panthers get a mention with Clinton. Dogs with Ryan. PJ Marsh isn't playing, so that would rule Warriors out. Kelly and McGuire are playing for Broncos so they might rate a mention, but seeing as Parra deserve to be there in front of Broncos on current form, I can't support the Broncos. Roosters also rate a mention with Cayless and possibly Grothe Jnr and Robinson getting a game. Actually, what would be really good is Chris Walker picking up an injury, allowing Grothe to play through the finals and come to Parra next year with a premiership winning attitude.

So, based on all this. I want to see Knights and Broncos drop out in week 1. Then bye bye Dogs and Roosters in week 2 (unless Grothe is playing). Goodbye Raiders and Storm in week 3. Hello Warriors vs Panthers grand final... a try scoring feast for the eyes.

Warriors to win (on the back of a Parra developed coach ;-) ), stopping Panthers from getting too big a head and giving NZ rugby league at least something to get excited about.

bayrep

Juniors
If the Warriors drop out I would go for the Doggies, Raiders and then Penrith as I remember when the Chocolate soldiers last won the GF which was a great game.

sydraider

First Grade
Well if da raiders wasnt there to take it all then i would go with the warriors like i did last yr when i was severly outnumbered at my local :cry:

Misty Bee

First Grade
As I am a wholesome person and a fan of honesty in sport, I therefore automatically rule out any good wishes for Canterbury, Canberra and Melboring - proven salary cap cheats in premiership years. Then there's Brisbane - an early exit from then will have 2 benefits. One, Tallis will possibly not captain Australia. Two, we will not hear C9 commentary crap no about how every bronco is an all time great throughout the finals.

The Warriors I like, especially their aggression. Any Villisanti style attacks on Canterbury or Melbourne should be applauded, and I would love to see a repeat of what they did to the Broncos last week. However, the thought of Kiwis in premiership celebration mode is toomuch to bear.

For those reasons, and going against the inexplicable attitudes of the majority of posters, I will support 1) Newcastle, 2) Roosters, 3) Anyone playing Brisbane, Melboring or Canterbury!

Latest posts