What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Jersey

clint

Juniors
There was talk after the Manly game that we would wear the retro jersey in the semi finals.

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed?

Hoping it is the case, the only chance they'd have of winning the game is if they can harness the tradition of that jumper.

Isurus

Juniors
Nice jersey - much better than the current one, but if our blokes need a change of jumper to play with a bit of passion, it reflects very poorly on the attitude of our players.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them in the old jersey, but if a professional sportsperson needs a nice jumper to play well, they don't deserve to be there!!

Thomo.

First Grade
wasn't there a thread on here saying we would be using this jersey for the semi.

hope so. grow and extra leg, and stand ten feet tall wearing one of those things!:D

BWNB

First Grade
Sideline Eye said:
Hutch definately out, injury & suspension, dykes has a hand injury & only 50/50 chance.

Fu*k i say put nigel in at 5/8 and mellor in jeresy number 3.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sharky Mullens said:
yeah nigel at 5/8. but would it work against barrett?

Nope. Nige is too sus in defence. He didn't have to do any against Manly so he can only be judged on his defence in the centres. On that, Baz would make a strewdel out of him IMO.

MrSharky

Juniors
Dykes injured? There goes any hope of a decent long kicking game... :(

How 'bout I play in the 6? I'll send Baz throught the cleaners...

:cool:

Mako

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Nope. Nige is too sus in defence. He didn't have to do any against Manly so he can only be judged on his defence in the centres. On that, Baz would make a strewdel out of him IMO.

So who do they play there Cap? They tried everyone last year and none were really effective in both attack and defence.

Will be interesting.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Mako said:
So who do they play there Cap? They tried everyone last year and none were really effective in both attack and defence.

Will be interesting.

Dykes not out yet.

Remember this is the guy who left a hospital bed to get on the field in his last year of his previous term with the Sharks.

Playing Mellor inside Vagana in defence would work, with Vagana at 5/8.

Vagana also runs ball more at 5/8, this will force dragons to move up on him, Vagana also has very good kicking game inside 20, gets the ball to sit in in goal

imasharkie

Coach
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Playing Mellor inside Vagana in defence would work, with Vagana at 5/8.

Vagana also runs ball more at 5/8, this will force dragons to move up on him, Vagana also has very good kicking game inside 20, gets the ball to sit in in goal

St.George ain't no Manly. If Vagana plays 5/8 maybe a game against a real team will show him up, i hope not.

clint

Juniors
My original question remains -- can any one confirm whether we will wear the jersey on Saturday night.

I doubt we will considering in the captain's publicity shots yesterday Noddy was wearing the current home jersey.