What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra: The Crystal Ball Thread

Will Semi be back or is he gone for good ? What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah I think we can put the Semi cue in the rack now.

I've been one of the most vocal in the "Bring Back Semi" brigade...

But I'm done with that now.

Holy f**king shit!

We all know Semi had power (ie: bumping attackers off, breaking tackles)...but I don't ever recall seeing Semi BRUTALIZE and ASSAULT his opposite winger like that!

Maika Sivo...WOW!!!!!!!

T-Boon

Coach
Arthur declared some interest in Radradra in July but indicated nothing had eventuated.

"We're happy with the back line we've got at the moment if Semi is interested," Arthur said.

"We've got Fergo and Maika now who are doing a really good job. Jenko's in the centres and Waqa has joined our club and has added a bit of X-Factor.

I think we're pretty content with the back line that we've got. The forwards are doing a good job to provide that opportunity for them.

"But at the moment we're worrying about tomorrow night and what's ahead of us in the finals."

Happy with strikepower out wide, Arthur's focus on finals not Semi
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/05...er-out-wide-arthurs-focus-on-finals-not-semi/

Brad Arthur lacks ambition.
If you add Semi to this backline it is premiership quality. Presently it is about a 6th place type of backline.
The good coaches would never be "content".

emjaycee

Coach
If you add Semi to this backline it is premiership quality. Presently it is about a 6th place type of backline.
2 questions...
1) who would you replace in our current backline in order to put Semi in there?
2) in your opinion what 5 teams have better backlines (1-7 combined not individual players) as ours?

T-Boon

Coach
2 questions...
1) who would you replace in our current backline in order to put Semi in there?
2) in your opinion what 5 teams have better backlines (1-7 combined not individual players) as ours?

1. Jennings, Waqa or Gutherson.
2. Melbourne, Roosters, Toes, Manly (pre Turbo injury), Canberra.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We've got close to the best backline in the NRL. We definitely have the best outside backs. If we need to improve anywhere it's in the middle. More experience in the spine would be great too but it looks like the plan is to grow that organically.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Semi is better even at forward duties than any forward out there on the market that we are in the hunt for.
Radradra won't improve our middle defence and wingers need to be in position near the opposition tryline so they don't help your ruck speed at that end of the field.

Eelogical

Referee
FMD! Semi this, Semi that, BA is a mong. It's akin to a bag of Twisties, full of flavour with no sustenance.

T-Boon

Coach
Radradra won't improve our middle defence and wingers need to be in position near the opposition tryline so they don't help your ruck speed at that end of the field.

true but you can find budget bodies to help with the middle defense. Pay the big dollars to semi to have a lethal backline and add even more strength to our early set hit up core.
Hit up 1 Fergo
Hit up 2 Semi or Sivo

27EELS

Juniors
Dunno ? I have a feeling We might still make a play for Him ? We do have great backs but Man The Eels still Love Him... B.A might just be keeping His cards close to His chest , it is Finals time , it’s no time for distractions right now ...

If We don’t Get Him back I would be surprised really , Although We do need some Forwards right now. I guess We just sit back and see what happens ?