What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra wants to play for Australia

flamin

Juniors
The one positive to come out of all of this drama is the recognition that nations such as Fiji need help. People are starting to discuss the issue, international rugby league eligibility has become a topic of conversation. Darren Lockyers article was sensational. It is time for the powers that be put a plan in place that benefit the future of the game.
Agreed. The amount of positive media coverage from players and journos wanting Radradra to play for Fiji is the only encouraging thing to come from this (so far).

ram raid

Bench
. What we have here is a big international team picking the best player from a minnow. Could you imagine if Spain picked Gareth Bale because Wales will never challenge for titles? Or someone like chris Gayle playing test cricket for Australia because west indies aren't that competitive in the 5 day game any more?

Yep. Nail-Head etc.

roughyedspud

Coach
he's missed the nail and hit is thumb actually..the two examples he's used are nonsense..

spain could never,ever,ever,ever pick gareth bale

and chris gayle does'nt play tests anymore lol....plus the west indies..and india...don't give a shit about tests anymore...test matches is just something they do when they aren't playing 20/20s or ODI's

siv

First Grade
One worrying aspect in all this is the attitude of some of the players & ex players..

Dell was on triple m on saturday..he basically said "semi is the best winger in the NRL so HAS to play for australia....michael jennings has pretty much repeated today what dell said..

Why can't they grasp that this is international RL not club RL with transfers!!

or maybe if they want a transfer system the ARLC should pay fiji a fee for semi!

Rather than Xfer fee

Pay Fijian players $50k each to play Australia

DiegoNT

First Grade
he's missed the nail and hit is thumb actually..the two examples he's used are nonsense..

spain could never,ever,ever,ever pick gareth bale

and chris gayle does'nt play tests anymore lol....plus the west indies..and india...don't give a shit about tests anymore...test matches is just something they do when they aren't playing 20/20s or ODI's

Well I'm not up to date with cricket, i just used Chris Gayle as an example as he is a well known and played in australia really.
And gareth bale has been living in Spain for about as long as semi has lived in australia

roughyedspud

Coach
doesn't matter how long hes lived in spain...the second he won his first senior welsh cap he became locked into wales

Matterhorn

Juniors
Mick Potter as Fiji coach was on the Sunday Footy Show in an interview saying they wanted Semi playing for Fiji.

A Johns said it was money that was driving semi's decision.

B Fittler said it was better Semi playing for Australia as it would raise his profile in Fiji with more kangaroos games showing there.

Also they mentioned if he wasn't picked he should be allowed to play for Fiji.

Jonothan Thurston who was on the panel was even asked and his answer was diplomatic. He was basically saying he wanted international rugby league to be strong and the best talent playing for there countries.

hutch

First Grade
Mick Potter as Fiji coach was on the Sunday Footy Show in an interview saying they wanted Semi playing for Fiji.

A Johns said it was money that was driving semi's decision.

B Fittler said it was better Semi playing for Australia as it would raise his profile in Fiji with more kangaroos games showing there.

Also they mentioned if he wasn't picked he should be allowed to play for Fiji.

Jonothan Thurston who was on the panel was even asked and his answer was diplomatic. He was basically saying he wanted international rugby league to be strong and the best talent playing for there countries.

Joey said its common sense that if semi wasn't picked for Aus then he should be allowee to 'go back' and play for Fiji. They just don't get it, that is not how international sport grows or what is best for our sport.

RedVee

First Grade
^ I guessed Joey meant he shouldn't be locked in by picking Australia if he wasn't picked. But you are probably correct.
I hope they are stalling 'registering' his application and someone us working his arse off trying to find a way that Semi can play for Fiji and be financially rewarded.

Matterhorn

Juniors
So can semi get picked for CITY - I assume he'd be city since he played at Parramatta.

I don't know what the rules are but since Fittler is the coach I don't know what can stop him from picking him unless anyone knows.

siv

First Grade
He would be in the Australian team that plays at the same time

Issue for Semi will be that he could play for Australia but not SOO the following month

And if he has a drop in form he could miss the Australian RLWC team and also miss the Fiji team as he couldnt change back till after the RLWC

Selection criteria are different

roughyedspud

Coach
Does it not worry you guys that one good performance seems to put players in the frame for origin?

Dylan napa being the lastest....and a fijian international also

hutch

First Grade
Does it not worry you guys that one good performance seems to put players in the frame for origin?

Dylan napa being the lastest....and a fijian international also

Napa was 18th man for 2 games last year and has been in the qld emerging squad for a number of years. And he is a cook island international, cmon spud get with the program! ;)

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
Ffs...i meant cook islands

What i was getting at is hes done sod all so far this season,he has a belter v souths and hes a origin starter..

And going back to semi for a sec....id pick corey oats over semi every day off the week

roughyedspud

Coach
Its actually just dawned on me what i was cocking up...kane evans....he plays for fiji.....

Anyway...i was probably half cut when i thought napa was a fijian international lol

Latest posts