What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sending text msg over-seas

Carnifex

Juniors
hey guys...got a yank friend in the states and i was wondering if i wanted to text msg them would i have to put in some regional code first before the number? and will it cost a sh*tload like if i called? ..soo yeah basically how does it work? :lol::oops:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
0011 1 then the number. I set up a $5 overseas package with "3" before my girlfriend moved over here, we talked & texted shyteloads & I never went over my cap.

simmo1

First Grade
0011 1 then the number. I set up a $5 overseas package with "3" before my girlfriend moved over here, we talked & texted shyteloads & I never went over my cap.

Pretty sure you're meant to just put +(country code) instead of the first 0 in the mobile number. SO to call an Australian mobile you would put +61 instead of the first zero.

In general, calling overseas via mobile is pretty expensive. You can get global roaming plans that will probably make it cheaper. Texting overseas is only about 50 cents more than usual.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Pretty sure you're meant to just put +(country code) instead of the first 0 in the mobile number. SO to call an Australian mobile you would put +61 instead of the first zero.

In general, calling overseas via mobile is pretty expensive. You can get global roaming plans that will probably make it cheaper. Texting overseas is only about 50 cents more than usual.

Thats if your calling an Australian mobile from overseas, he wants to call an American mobile. 0011 is the code to call outside Australia, 1 is the country code for the USA, then you just add the number you are trying to call.

You dont need to dial 0011.. I have been O/S a few times this year and texted back to aus a fair bit and the person who texted me back didnt dial 0011. However maybe the phone does it for you when you reply?

Gas Panic!

First Grade
If hes a yank with a yank number, it should start with +1.

An aussie with an aussie number on roaming could be reached on their normal number.

Carnifex

Juniors
alright so i tried the 0011 thingy and that didnt work...i tried all varitions and still couldnt get the f**ker to work...but i was able to ring her on using the 0011 and the state code plus her number :S

Latest posts