What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior players

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Colonel touched on a comment last night by Matty Johns, "the senior playing group are made of Teflon." He was spot on, Kearney has lost the senior playing group and the team by the looks of it. Why??? Because he finally made the decision to drop an underacheiving senior player in Burt???

Really???? Reports that Kearney has to go through Mannah just to talk to Hayne :crazy: At the time i thought what a load of crap but it may be more to it. I mean look what happened when Ando tried to give him a rocket.

We have been seen as a mentally weak team for as long as i can remember, most teams know if they stick with us and keep the game close they will most probably win the game at the back end. We were all hoping Kearney would be able to fix this mental problem as a club we seem to have. I think he has tried by moving old favourites on like Burt,Smith and maybe Hindy on but it looks like it has upset those senior players and now the team seems to be suffering for it.

I know i will get shot for this but maybe moving this senior Teflon group of players on is the best thing for the club. Hindy has been my fav player of all time but him and the younger guys don't seem to be on the same page. Last season the team always had a dig even when massively outclassed but this season since the Burt sacking the team doesn't sem to give a shit, it's a case of upset the senior players and you've lost the team.

I might be the only one who thinks this way interested to hear what others think??? Fire away.

Gronk

Staff member
Who are the senior players left ? Hindy and Burt ? Burt is there as a fill in. Smith and Hayne are injured. Mannah and Reni are guns.

So it's Hindy's fault ?

No it's the coach who needs to find the squad's mojo.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the player roster we have doesn't deserve to be running last, its not great but its not the worst

the only common thread is the coaching staff

watching Tim Mannah's pressie he says they were very well prepared for the game and he gives our coaching staff alot of credit for attention to detail

so if its not the coaching staff and not the players, who else is there ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who are the senior players left ? Hindy and Burt ? Burt is there as a fill in. Smith and Hayne are injured. Mannah and Reni are guns.

So it's Hindy's fault ?

Well Hindy and Burt are meant to be the heart and soul of the club, is it a coincedence that as soon as Kearney had the stones to drop Burt the wheels seem to have well and truly fallen off??? The senior players seem to run this club, looks at what happened to Ando when he crictised Hayne.........

SDM

First Grade
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and we employ Justin Poore aka fat slug aka The Cat Burglar

strider

Post Whore

So it's Hindy's fault ?

exactly ..... stop and think about who are supposed to be the "senior players"?

and what's this about hayne being put out? - i've never got the feeling hayne was tight with the older guys anyway, so I can't really believe that

senior players ...

Hindy - yes he looks frustrated and like he has the shits ... but he still puts in ... he's not getting younger, so of course his play isn't at the same level ... i dunno - are ppl saying he is a cancer in this team now?

Burt - he got dumped - so i'd understand if he was put out .... but when Sio had a shocker and dropped an easy one, Burt ran over and gave him the old don't worry, head up tap on the head - so he's not a total lost cause .... he's also playing on the wing, so only so much you cna do from there

Fui - he's one of the longer serving dudes .... but he's never been a leader of men so i don't expect much of him other than cannon balling runs .... but i get the feeling he's carrying an injury this year

Reni - the guy is certainly having a dig .... i don't think he lives up to some expectations - but he's putting his body into defence and running hard

who else is there?

Willie T is a more experienced player - but new to the club (again) so I can't put much on him - he's having a real dig in defence too (altho maybe making some bad reads)

strider

Post Whore
Well Hindy and Burt are meant to be the heart and soul of the club, is it a coincedence that as soon as Kearney had the stones to drop Burt the wheels seem to have well and truly fallen off??? The senior players seem to run this club, looks at what happened to Ando when he crictised Hayne.........

so you are saying ripping the heart out of something shouldn't have an impact? :lol:

it's possible that the Hindy we see in the public and on tv etc is different to the Hindy at training and in the sheds.
We are praise the bloke and he work on the field is 2nd only to Ray Price in the clubs history but maybe it is him that could be upsetting the apple cart behind the scenes.

I'm sure what ever is going on wil come out one day.
But no one is bigger than the club not even Nathan Hindmarsh.

Willie tonga's defence has been crap but what can he do when all the defenders inside him creep to the centre of the field? he has to come in which leaves Burt on his own with 3 attackers running at him. Our goal line defence is too compressed, 2 passes and you have a 3 on 1.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Ok so who are the senior players that need to go?

I'll start the list.

Hindy
Burt
Smith
Mannah
Hayne
Keating

Any more?

Stagger eel

Staff member
three coach's have never been able to fix our soft underbelly and weak culture (I'm cutting JT some slack on this) which players have played under thise coachs?....there's your starting point!

tresurehunt

Juniors

are you insinuating that some players a playing in protest and not giving 100 % if thats the case they are a bunch of f**king girls,how can you blame SK for that, he has no chance if thats the case and will become another eels statistic,fmd i hope its not true.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
so you are saying ripping the heart out of something shouldn't have an impact? :lol:
Are you saying they are bigger than the club?? Most people on here agree Burt is past his use by date. And Hindy is a shadow of the player he was, it hurts me to say that about Hindy but it's true. B Smith is nothing but a good first grade player. From all reports he is massively overpayed. Kearney was given the job of getting the club back on track but the moment he decides to make some tough decisions the senior players get their noses out of joint to the detriment of the team.

Grail

Juniors
The Colonel touched on a comment last night by Matty Johns, "the senior playing group are made of Teflon." He was spot on, Kearney has lost the senior playing group and the team by the looks of it. Why??? Because he finally made the decision to drop an underacheiving senior player in Burt???.

Your theory is well off.

If this was the case, then our best game so far would have been round 1 BEFORE Burt was dropped, not round 2 WHEN he was dropped.

Your forgetting that Matt Johns is friends with Kearney from his coaching days at the Storm (remember that Johns worked with the Storm halves). He is helping out a mate by trying to distance the problem from Kearney.

You're just looking to vent your frustration on someone, and the senior players are copping it. They are putting in more than the younger players and aren't making all the mistakes and missed tackles.

Seriously, put more effort into your theories.