What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior players

True EEL

Bench
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and we employ Justin Poore aka fat slug aka The Cat Burglar

if you are going to seriously claim that Justin Poore is worse than Roberts, Lasalo, Morgan, McGuire and a few others then I prey for your poor, deluded soul :roll:

on last night's 'form' Poore should be starting with Allgood....yep - Mannah probably needs a wake up call and a few games on the bench. Poore at least ran the ball strongly

hineyrulz

Post Whore
are you insinuating that some players a playing in protest and not giving 100 % if thats the case they are a bunch of f**king girls,how can you blame SK for that, he has no chance if thats the case and will become another eels statistic,fmd i hope its not true.
I hope it's not true either mate, there has to be a reason for the last two weeks??? But as usual it must be the coaches fault......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
if you are going to seriously claim that Justin Poore is worse than Roberts, Lasalo, Morgan, McGuire and a few others then I prey for your poor, deluded soul :roll:

on last night's 'form' Poore should be starting with Allgood....yep - Mannah probably needs a wake up call and a few games on the bench. Poore at least ran the ball strongly
He ran hard for 47m :lol: last week it was 29m :lol: nearly more penalties than metres this season. Allgood is probably a quarter of his money and offers more.

True EEL

Bench
He ran hard for 47m :lol: last week it was 29m :lol: nearly more penalties than metres this season. Allgood is probably a quarter of his money and offers more.

i'm judging him by comparison to all of our other 'great' forwards....Lasalo is the biggest joke of a starting backrower i have seen. he is clearly an SK pet and is garbage. Wont run the ball, races up out of the line and misses tackles everywhere. Fui was also a shadow of himself last night and even Mannah was pretty ordinary....so why only blame Poore?? And by the way, I gave Allgood a wrap....

and what forward did make many running meters last night??

Bazal

Post Whore
I think it's a load of crap. The only two senior players left are Burt and Hindy, really. Hindy genuinely gives his all for this club week in and week out, and Burt cops a lot of unfair flak after the quality service he's given too. I appreciate that people want someone to blame, but the buck stops at the coach surely? It's pretty clear we're a poorly coached side...we don't produce the kind of players for a structured game and with the trend in the NRL at the moment we probably never will. All the absolute best young players are inconsistent, it's just the kind of player being produced these days. We saw in 09 with us, and last year with the Warriors that ad lib footy and attacking power is the way to go. Sure, both sides were beaten...but they were beaten by probably the only two sides who still have the players to do structure well. We don't have a side like that. We have a big pack capable of poking their nose through and offloading. Mannah, Fui, Allgood, Hindy, Reni, Horo, Paulo and even Lasalo are all very good at getting balls away pretty consistently. Hayne, Sandow, Roberts, Tonga, Burt are all dangerous on the back of second phase and broken play. So why the hell are we trying to force them into structure? I think that's the reason we look so awful out there. Against the Warriors we played off the hip a bit and we could have won with a bit more luck. Then we went back to this structure rubbish and have conceded 80 odd points to 12 in two rounds. We play better all round when we are confident, on the front foot and attacking, we always have regardless of the players but especially now with Sandow and Roberts in the halves it strikes me as plain idiocy not to encourage second phase attack. We will start winning when we stop trying to fit into a structure.

How much structure do the Warriors play with? The Tigers? The Broncos? Penrith yesterday? They all do the basics, drive forward and set a platform...but they offload and they attack when they have the opportunity. It doesn't always come off, but it wins them a lot of games. Even Manly and Melbourne love to offload and keep the play going, for all their perceived structure. We are just about the only team who refuses to do so, and we are also the team running last. I don't think that's a coincidence. I hope Kearney can turn it around, I do, I'm so sick of coaching drama at Parramatta...but he's not looking good for it at the moment.

True EEL

Bench
I think it's a load of crap. The only two senior players left are Burt and Hindy, really. Hindy genuinely gives his all for this club week in and week out, and Burt cops a lot of unfair flak after the quality service he's given too. I appreciate that people want someone to blame, but the buck stops at the coach surely? It's pretty clear we're a poorly coached side...we don't produce the kind of players for a structured game and with the trend in the NRL at the moment we probably never will. All the absolute best young players are inconsistent, it's just the kind of player being produced these days. We saw in 09 with us, and last year with the Warriors that ad lib footy and attacking power is the way to go. Sure, both sides were beaten...but they were beaten by probably the only two sides who still have the players to do structure well. We don't have a side like that. We have a big pack capable of poking their nose through and offloading. Mannah, Fui, Allgood, Hindy, Reni, Horo, Paulo and even Lasalo are all very good at getting balls away pretty consistently. Hayne, Sandow, Roberts, Tonga, Burt are all dangerous on the back of second phase and broken play. So why the hell are we trying to force them into structure? I think that's the reason we look so awful out there. Against the Warriors we played off the hip a bit and we could have won with a bit more luck. Then we went back to this structure rubbish and have conceded 80 odd points to 12 in two rounds. We play better all round when we are confident, on the front foot and attacking, we always have regardless of the players but especially now with Sandow and Roberts in the halves it strikes me as plain idiocy not to encourage second phase attack. We will start winning when we stop trying to fit into a structure.

How much structure do the Warriors play with? The Tigers? The Broncos? Penrith yesterday? They all do the basics, drive forward and set a platform...but they offload and they attack when they have the opportunity. It doesn't always come off, but it wins them a lot of games. Even Manly and Melbourne love to offload and keep the play going, for all their perceived structure. We are just about the only team who refuses to do so, and we are also the team running last. I don't think that's a coincidence. I hope Kearney can turn it around, I do, I'm so sick of coaching drama at Parramatta...but he's not looking good for it at the moment.

AMEN Bazal.....well said.

Bazal

Post Whore
It's not that they are beyond criticism at all. Burt hasn't been playing well and Hindy is certainly not the player he was. But who exactly has been playing well? We're awful across the board. The point is more that the insinuation these two players have done or ever would do anything to harm this club, or would even have the influence between them to create this mess is ludicrous.

eels81236

Bench
I'm just going to guess what Bazal said. You wont find a bigger paragraph at the top of a beanstalk.

Springs

First Grade
Are you saying they are bigger than the club?? Most people on here agree Burt is past his use by date. And Hindy is a shadow of the player he was, it hurts me to say that about Hindy but it's true. B Smith is nothing but a good first grade player. From all reports he is massively overpayed. Kearney was given the job of getting the club back on track but the moment he decides to make some tough decisions the senior players get their noses out of joint to the detriment of the team.

Most people on here are just fans and don't really have a f**king clue about anything. I include myself in this obviously. I have no idea how training is run or how the club is run or how the 'senior players' have reacted. It's stupid to use 'most people on here think' as proof that Burt is past it.

But I think Burt is a very valuable player who isn't being used properly like most of the players on this team.

If one of my best mates were dropped for a rookie who hasn't really done anything special I'd be pissed off too. However Hindmarsh is still giving 100% and is obviously devastated with the teams performances at the moment.

Bazal makes some very good points.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I knew I would cop it for starting this thread, but there has to be a reason for how poorly we have played the last two weeks. And there has to be more to it than Kearney can't coach or we are just shit. Same thing happened with Ando and some people on here think he's a messiah.

Joely01

Bench
The whole team has to take the blame. We have to start playing like a team.

I agree with this.

If one player is playing bad then in most teams others around them pick up the slack, we aren't and as a team are playing like under 7's. I just think it's finally time the players stood up and said I'm playing like shit. Because clearly as fans we can see how they are going.

The Stig

Juniors
Another thing to remember is that these guys are contracted to play rugby league. They get paid whether they win, lose or draw. There could be merit to the older guys not putting in. Hell, if you know this is your last season why would you risk long term injury when you know you are not fishing for your next contract. Obviously we will never see it because now it is a profession and not just sport but incentive based contracts would certainly keep players on their toes right to the very end.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
The Colonel touched on a comment last night by Matty Johns, "the senior playing group are made of Teflon." He was spot on, Kearney has lost the senior playing group and the team by the looks of it. Why??? Because he finally made the decision to drop an underacheiving senior player in Burt??? Rubbish. Matt Johns is just sticking up for a mate & trying to distance him from the issue.

Really???? Reports that Kearney has to go through Mannah just to talk to Hayne :crazy: At the time i thought what a load of crap but it may be more to it. I mean look what happened when Ando tried to give him a rocket. Haven't heard that one. Ridiculous if there is any truth to it. And Anderson was not fired because of his one sentence about Hayne not being at his best (boy, did the media do a job of blowing THAT out of proportion) - by the way, it had the desired effect on Hayne. IMO, Anderson was fired simply because this administration wanted Kearney there from day 1. If Anderson had been at the end of his contract instead of the beginning, he would have been gone straight away.

We have been seen as a mentally weak team for as long as i can remember, most teams know if they stick with us and keep the game close they will most probably win the game at the back end. We were all hoping Kearney would be able to fix this mental problem as a club we seem to have. I think he has tried by moving old favourites on like Burt,Smith and maybe Hindy on but it looks like it has upset those senior players and now the team seems to be suffering for it. You know this for a fact do you? Hindy & Burt have always given their all to win it for the TEAM & will continue to do so for as long as they are part of that team. To suggest they would undermine the team for their own agendas is not only an insult to two Parramatta greats but right out there as far as conspiracy theories go.

I know i will get shot for this but maybe moving this senior Teflon group of players on is the best thing for the club. Hindy has been my fav player of all time but him and the younger guys don't seem to be on the same page. Last season the team always had a dig even when massively outclassed but this season since the Burt sacking the team doesn't sem to give a shit, it's a case of upset the senior players and you've lost the team. Crap. It is because they are POORLY coached. What will it take for you people to realise this?? A wooden spoon?

I might be the only one who thinks this way interested to hear what others think??? Fire away.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors

I think you're on the money there mate. Unfortunately SK is either too stubborn or lacks the ability as a coach to change it. It's like watching a fly banging up against the window. This time....ahh.....this time.....ahh.... this time....

WOE