What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SENZ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just a heads up if people don’t realise, SENZ launches in NZ a month or so back on the old trackside radio frequencies

They have every Warriors game on live, was a bit of a shock to the system yesterday driving round in the car hearing Costigan returning to commentary with “oranges” “stanza” and “champagne rugby league” getting a mention

Plenty of general league chat, heard Kemp and Bluey on there at different times today, and if you download their app there are plenty of Aussie shows to listen too featuring Voss, Johns, Fletcher and co

I tired of Radio Sport near the end but SENZ has been a breath of fresh air, not just rugby rugby rugby, has really good variety

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Costigan, Kemp, and Bluey… not exactly the “good old days“ lol
Yikes, is this what they've come up with? A fresh slate and you bring that in? I'm out.

Costigan is a caricature of a league commentator, Bluey is a nice fella but battles and wow, Kemp...less said the better.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was Costigans first commentary for 10 years, not sure who they normally use but Costo hasn’t been up to stuff that’s too good off the park

The other 2 may not have had great coaching records, but they know their footy most of the time. It’s not quite as good as the old Alan Mac and Telfer hour from the early days, but it’s a hell of a lot better than nothing

I had a listen to the Matty Johns one too, highly entertaining

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah it was the only station I’d listen to at one point but man it went off the rails. Probably why this new station seems so fresh and worth a listen. Shocking news about Devlin a couple of weeks back, hope he gets the help he needs to get back on track

Just dropping the little lad off at school and they had a 15min chat on the 2008 World Cup, not an Adam Blair fan but it was a good listen

Scott

Bench
The Adam Blair listen was very good this morning. Baz & Izzy for Breakfast is quite good. They have had some great guests on.

In terms of the app, Vossy is a good listen & the Matty Johns Morning Glory show on fridays is good too.

I can't see anything ever beating that Brendan Telfer/Allen Mac hour in terms of NZ radio coverage for our game. That was always must listen radio.