What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious NRL Punters

Tayjack

Juniors
DRAGONS v ROOSTERS
Super keen on the Roosters here, although the dragons are a very improved side and their form is clearly better than the roosters IMO. I just think that the roosters forwards will be steamrolling their way to victory here. They are due to put a score on someone, and that someone will be the poor dragons IMO. There will be high emotions being an anzac day match, and i think that will work in the roosters favour in this one. The win last week all be it just a win, and not a win by their standards, should be enough to click them into some sort of gear and be enough.

Too strong here the roosters, and probably should have put another 2 tries on if they were at their best. They ran their big men at Mitch rein all day to nullify his attack out of dummy half and it worked. A couple of injuries will see a watch on the roosters moving forward, and the dragons will be a watch too, I think they will win some more home games but will struggle away.

Out 200 In 339 Profit 139

DRAGONS $4.00 (2.75)
ROOSTERS $1.25 (1.47)

Bet Roosters straight out, and at the line of -6.5.

STORM v WARRIORS
Surely the storm are good enough here, although the warriors are a trouble side for them. I will be staying out of this, but my gut is saying the storm will be putting 30 on them. They too are due for a decent win and while the warriors are out of form horribly this may be the game.

glad I stayed out here, didn't expect the result though. Not sure what too make of the storm yet even though the daggers will be out. They seem to be setting up well and rolling through their sets, then it it all goes wrong on the 5th and 6th tackle. The warriors will and can win these types of games. This win might start a succession for them.

STORM 1.25(1.35)
WARRIORS 4.00 (3.45)

No bet here for me.

BRONCOS v SOUTHS
Very keen on the broncos here due to last weeks impressive victory against the knights. They came out of with no injuries and a win like that will be encouraging to their chances. They will be hard to beat at suncorp providing they can contain inglis. Souths are unders here, and their halves aren't in form.

pretty good game this, and in hindsight got worried 5 min b4 kickoff about the bet through a gut feeling. Must say the broncos were robbed through ridiculous officialdom that clearly cost them a win, and indeed confirmed by all. Credit to the bunnies though for fighting back after sailing to an early 16 point lead which looked unassailable. Good efforts by both teams in the end

Out 100 In Nil Loss 100
BRONCOS 1.90 (2.10)
SOUTHS 2.15 (1.70)

SHARKS v PANTHERS
Keen on the sharks here, they will be hard to beat with that game under belt from gallen, a loss last week at home, this week up against a panthers side that cannot score points. The sharks can run tries in from anywhere as we have seen, and the panthers will have to score at least 20 points to be winning here, i don't think they can. Carney will be looking to get back to form after last weeks shocker from him, and he will, I'm tipping a MOM performance from him.

these two teams will be lucky to make the 8 that's for sure, if Gallen gets injured again for the sharks they will finish last, and if Wallace gets injured for the panthers it's good night for them, neither will be challenging. Their defence is awful, talk about trying to shut a game down, none of them could go close.

Out 100 In 177

SHARKS 1.60 (1.77)
PANTHERS 2.35 (1.95)

Bet here straight out the sharks @1.77.

COWBOYS v EELS
Super keen on the cowboys here, the bounce back factor working here along with the sharks. They won't be losing at home against what i believe is an ordinary eels side. If the cows get beaten here, they are gone, finished - it will knock the wind right out of them, they will have to sack their coach, and if they are fair dinkum they need to sack their front office, the bellboys, sack the f**kin crowd too. I can see the thurston laying on 6 tries here, i can also see their forwards rolling through the middle of the ruck with ease.

This and the roosters were the bet of the week, they just weren't going to lose at home, their forwards were way too strong early which set the trend of the game, thurston then did his thing in the second half and they were off and gone, not sure on both teams moving forward, if the eels can regroup they are probably a better betting prop moving forward they have enormous potential that I haven't seen before this game, I saw good signs from them believe it or not.

Out 200 In 342

COWBOYS 1.20 (1.50)
EELS 4.00 (2.65)

Bet here Cows straight out @ 1.51 and to cover the line @ 1.92 -5.5 - looks a good bet here.

BULLDOGS v KNIGHTS
At the start of the week i was keen on the dogs, the knights have a couple out, and after last week at home, how on earth could they come to the dogs home ground and win?? As the weeks gone on, i have thought a bit harder and the knights are one of those teams that could win this, they beat this mob last year by 20 in the semi when they were not supposed too, and the dogs keep scraping through on hard fought wins, which just may have flattened them for this one. I still think the dogs will win, but I'm not that confident to be betting here.

this was a tough game with both sides ripping in, the dogs won because they were battle hardened, good signs from the knights, and the dogs for that matter. Newcastle I think will be a good betting prop at home in coming weeks and the dogs too.
DOGS 1.40 (1.50)
KNIGHTS 2.90 (2.65)

No bet here.

MANLY v RAIDERS
This is also a danger game for manly IMO, they have Keiran foran out, who at the moment is the best in the comp in his position, they have a reshuffle in the back line, a couple of forwards in doubt with niggly injuries. The raiders are in tact, and i am expecting them to turn up after last weeks win. i will be playing them at the 10.5 line start, milford, crocker, robinson etc have the pace to test manly out wide, if their forwards can hold their own, which i think they can, it will be close.

I didn't see this coming, I thought the raiders were good things to cover the line, geez they are going bad, you just can't go that bad in first grade and expect there not to be sackings of some sort. Manly are so professional they don't give you much, foran out not a problem they just went out and bashed them. Be hard to follow Canberra out of this.

Out 100 In nil Loss 100

MANLY - 1.60 (1.40)
RAIDERS 2.50 (3.10)

Bet for me at the line with raiders to cover the +10.5.

TIGERS v TITANS
A replay of the round 2 match up at skilled stadium where the tigers put 30 on the titans. that won't be happening here, i know the tigers are at leichardt, but no farah, no garvet and another out has a gut feeling here that the titans are specials. The tigers can't win every game at leichardt, and this looks very winnable for the titans. I expect with a couple of outs here for the tigers big men, the titans will attack them straight up the middle, their defence has improved 1000% on their last meeting, and myles, bird, harrison will not let last week effect them here.

Saw this coming, the titans back up really well on a short turn a round, the tigers were flattered last week and that's why they were sent out favourites here, but with no farah and tedesco their two most potent attacking pins they don't have points in them. The titans are still underrated, but a watch on them soon as they lose bird and Myles for a few games.

Out 100 In 210 Profit 110

This week Out 800 In 1056 - Profit 256

TIGERS 1.90 (1.77)
TITANS 1.90 (2.10)

Bet titans straight out here for me.

good luck all.

Spot On

Coach
Well done TJ. Excellent previews, selections and reviews.

If you had to pick 2 teams to have large bets on winning the comp right now, who would you nominate?

Tayjack

Juniors
Well done TJ. Excellent previews, selections and reviews.

If you had to pick 2 teams to have large bets on winning the comp right now, who would you nominate?

Hi spot - I never make one of those bets until 1 week into finals, reason being no one knows what is going to happen with injuries and suspensions, which has pretty much decided every GF winner in the past ten years, if you take careful note. If I was forced right now I'd go with manly(sentimental), and a value hope due to the time of year probably the titans(value only).

dubo

Juniors
Tayjack, what's your run down this weekend? I'm thinking city -2.5 at 1.90

Last edited:

Tayjack

Juniors
Tayjack, what's your run down this weekend? I'm thinking city -2.5 at 1.90

How ya going mate? Yeah I've just got in actually from a busy week and looking at those two games now, I see a few have pulled out for both city and country. Quickly looking on paper city look to have them covered for sure, but pending the crowd turnout at dubbo, who knows the crowd support may be enough to get country home, but looking at the forwards , city definitely look more solid, don't like their backs though. I'll be staying out, if anything if it's a dry track in Sydney tonight, I'll be tempted to back Australia at the line, I think it's -19.5.

dubo

Juniors
How ya going mate? Yeah I've just got in actually from a busy week and looking at those two games now, I see a few have pulled out for both city and country. Quickly looking on paper city look to have them covered for sure, but pending the crowd turnout at dubbo, who knows the crowd support may be enough to get country home, but looking at the forwards , city definitely look more solid, don't like their backs though. I'll be staying out, if anything if it's a dry track in Sydney tonight, I'll be tempted to back Australia at the line, I think it's -19.5.

Yeah, I decided to stay out this weekend too.