What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sexting allegations-Rabbitohs

themacemaceman

Juniors
This is all over the TV this morning .
I couldn’t post a link that will open but apparently 2 players have exposed themselves to a young lady via a video chat.
Just what we didn’t need right now.

I don’t know any more details.
Let’s hope it’s not first graders.
There’s not many young single blokes in the first grade team I could see doing that (not that I know any personally)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Most ridiculous story ever. Media just being the media. This all happened back in May but they think it’s important enough to bring up now for some reason..

A day before the most important game of our season.

DC_fan

Coach
Even everyone’s favourite newspaper*, the Daily Telegraph is reporting it.

The problem seems to be twofold. Firstly, the incident happening. Secondly, and just as importantly, the suggestion that the club failed to take action when it was first reported to them.

* I say this in jest

betcats

Referee
Dumb ass club should've dealt with this when she first complained. Don't blame the media or the girl for the this coming up now, you left yourselves open to it.

The emails were in the junk folder, that's what I just heard Souths are saying(reported on channel 9) that's dumb. She also claims to have screenshots and obviously proof of the emails, souths are going to get done here.

betcats

Referee
Young men sexting, is this news?

Its called flashing if its not asked for. Its kind of illegal.

Edit: The fact shes been ignored will mean she will oush this angle hard and I doubt there is anyway it could be proven as untrue even if that were the case.

ThingFish

Juniors

Edit: The fact shes been ignored will mean she will oush this angle hard and I doubt there is anyway it could be proven as untrue even if that were the case.
It’s a pretty foul thing to happen. But screen shots do not prove she didn’t want it to happen. In fact it could suggest the exact opposite. So I doubt any charges could be made unless she has the whole event recorded from both perspectives.

The real bad thing is the club didn’t act straight away.

NRL has to come over the top here.

Find out which filthy disrespectful players did this and stand them down immediately.

It’s a black eye for the game.

callmack1

Staff member
It is very, very concerning to have this news com out at this time of the year and in all honestly, it has the potential to de-rail our campaign and ruin our Premiership chances.

Rabbitohs statement regarding claims in today's media: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/14/rabbitohs-statement-regarding-claims-in-todays-media/

This article explains it in more depth,

Rabbitohs players reportedly caught up in Auckland lewd video chat: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ly-caught-up-in-auckland-lewd-video-chat.html

If that all turns out to be true, I will be very disappointed in our players because that is obviously not a very nice act and as I mentioned before, this will no doubt have an impact on the playing group. I don't think it's a coincedence that this has been released one day out from our biggest game of the year and imo, the media are trying their best to de-rail us. I mean, who knows? This could all be an over reaction and the media may just be trying to bring us down. Either way, i don't think we can get too carried away with it until the official details emerge but it is not ideal that's for sure.

However, why all the drama? Why not just close it and move on FFS! Also, even if this does prove to be true, there is no evidence, and there'll be no way of gathering evidence, to suggest that she didn't want it to happen. For all we know, that may have been the intention of the chat all along and there will probably be no way of knowing.

We need to not let this effect us or it has the potential to de-rail us. The boys need to overcome this and I have faith we can!!

Pommy

Coach

Yeah nahh I doubt it.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
NRL has to come over the top here.

Find out which filthy disrespectful players did this and stand them down immediately.

Completely reasonable. Hopefully they strip the Sharks 2016 premiership for cheating the cap as well?

Pommy

Coach
Apparently it was mooning rather than dick pics anyway.
Haha it’s f**king Mitch Pearce “f**king a dog” all over again by the sounds of it.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I’ve copied and pasted the members email I received at 7pm tonight for those who aren’t members.

Rabbitohs update regarding claims in today’s media

Rabbitohs aware of incident involving player Zane Musgrove

The South Sydney Rabbitohs provide the following update regarding the investigation into claims made in today’s media:

1. The Club’s general enquiry email address received emails from an anonymous email address on 27 and 31 May 2018 about alleged lewd behaviour by a player over social media. The emails did not identify the player allegedly involved, nor did they identify the person making the complaint.

2. On 1 June, the Club replied through Football Operations and Player Wellbeing Manager Brock Schaefer confirming it would investigate the complaint, requesting further information regarding the alleged incident and asking for contact details for the person making the complaint.

3. The Daily Telegraph contacted the Club on the afternoon of Thursday, 13 September stating the Club had failed to respond to emails dated 5 Juneand 31 August regarding alleged lewd player behaviour.

4. Upon receipt of the information from The Daily Telegraph, the Club engaged an independent contractor to conduct an email system audit regarding the emails sent to Mr Schaefer on 5 June and 31 August. These emails, sent again from an anonymous address, were tagged as spam due to the sender’s unique email address. As per the Club’s junk email filter, these emails were subsequently routed to a junk mail folder and were not received or seen by Mr Schaefer.

5. Upon discovery and review of the emails on 13 September, the Club attempted to contact the complainant via an international phone number provided in these emails, but it was no longer in service. Again, the emails did not identify the player allegedly involved, nor did they identify the person making the complaint.

6. The Club contacted the person making the complaint again by email on 14 September 2018 and was provided with updated contact details by her.

7. Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly has had a discussion with the person making the complaint this afternoon. Mr Solly gave her a commitment that the Club would undertake its investigation of the complaint with the utmost confidentiality and respect. The Club will deal with the complaint thoroughly and will move as quickly as it possibly can to conclude the investigation.

8. The Rabbitohs have appointed a panel of Commissioner Lea Drake (Independent), Karyn Murphy (NRL Integrity Unit) Nick Pappas (Rabbitohs Chairman), Emily Grant (Rabbitohs Head of Operations, People and Culture) and Mr Solly to investigate the complaint. Drake is the current Law Enforcement Conduct Commissioner for Integrity.

9. The above investigation will be undertaken in conjunction and co-operation with the NRL Integrity Unit.

10. The findings of the investigation will be thorough and transparent.

RedGreenDivider.png

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are also aware of an incident involving player Zane Musgrove that occurred on 8 July 2018.

1. Following the incident, police charges of common assault, common assault domestic violence related, and intentionally or recklessly destroy/damage property were laid.

2. The Rabbitohs were made aware of the incident and immediately informed the NRL’s Integrity Unit.

3. Musgrove was immediately stood down from playing duties but has since been re-instated following his plea of not guilty to the charges when facing court on 11 July 2018. This course of conduct was supported and endorsed by the NRL’s Integrity Unit.

4. Musgrove is scheduled to again appear in court on 19 September 2018.

The South Sydney Football Club takes allegations of domestic violence very seriously and will take decisive action should the charges be proven. The Rabbitohs will be making no further comment on this issue until after the court proceedings.

Last edited:

English Rose

Juniors
Now I’m not going to name the player but the players account that was used which is been reported is bad news for Souths!