What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews 2007 season

brook

First Grade
Balmain won in SG Ball and, I believe, lost in Matts.

Don't yet have the exact scores

girvie

Staff member
Bay53 said:
Not on today's form.

Raiders beat the Roosters 40-14 in SG Ball and also won 22-10 in Harold Matthews.
I'm very surprised. I've heard some big wraps on many of the Roosters players but not too much on the Canberra players.

Kilkenny

Coach
girvie said:
And my early tip for SG Ball Premiers are the Roosters.

Balmain, Parramatta and Canterbury to be the others in the top 4.

Girvie, give yourself an upper cut. Clearly the Panthers are a shoe in for premiers in the SG Ball. Again.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kilkenny said:
Girvie, give yourself an upper cut. Clearly the Panthers are a shoe in for premiers in the SG Ball. Again.

they'll be there when the whips are cracking but they're definitely not a shoe in ;-)

girvie

Staff member
Kilkenny said:
Calahane, Joudo and Watene weren't named in their side ( i imagine they are in Flegg) so they only have 2 players backing up from last year. So i don't think they will back up last year (where they won the premiership after finishing 5th).

the man

Juniors
Juodo has an ankle injury but is playing sg ball and calahane must ahve been injured also Watene has been in nz for a while not sure of his return or if there will be a return but to get those 3 back and the team there got they will be very strong challenges i think.

rambo1

Juniors
Has anyone from Penrith seen Harry Siejka the half back for the Matts team? I saw him play a couple of seasons ago and he was really good. I understand he is from Bathurst. Is he on scholarship or contract?

ashton

Juniors
Harry Siejka is a talented young player, eligible to play H Matt in 2008.His older brother Stirling played H MAtts last year for Penrith.

Another player to watch is SG Ball prop Sam Mckendry from New Zealand U16's 2006.

girvie

Staff member
Harold Matthews
Parramatta 30 v North Sydney 0
St George 32 v Central Coast 6
Manly 32 v Cronulla 8
Canberra 22 v Sydney City 10
Illawarra 36 v South Sydney 14
Newcastle 18 v Penrith 30
Canterbury 20 v Western Suburbs 12
Balmain 16 v Western Sydney 22

SG Ball
Parramatta 60 v North Sydney 18
Illawarra 28 v South Sydney 0
Canberra 40 v Sydney City 14
Manly 32 v Cronulla 6
Balmain 28 v Western Sydney 4
St George 28 v Central Coast 12
Canterbury 30 v Western Suburbs 14
Newcastle 16 v Penrith 32

tigesup

Juniors
Wests SG Ball 32 def. Central Coast 22
Wests HM 42 def Central Coast 24

Any other results? Can someone in Sydney put the results up from the papers?
No info in the bush.

Latest posts