What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Opening round for HM, SGB and TG Cup for 2022

SGB: Sat 5th Feb
Steelers v Sharks - Pointsbet stadium
Dragons have the bye

HM: Sat 5th Feb
Dragons have the bye

TG Cup: Sat 5the Feb
Steelers v Raiders - Belconnen oval
Dragons v Sharks - Pointsbet stadium

Good time to get to Pointsbet stadium, see 3 games and get a glimpse of some of our up-and-coming juniors

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Opening round for HM, SGB and TG Cup for 2022

SGB: Sat 5th Feb
Dragons have the bye

HM: Sat 5th Feb
Dragons have the bye

TG Cup: Sat 5the Feb
Steelers v Raiders - Belconnen oval
Dragons v Sharks - Pointsbet stadium

Good time to get to Pointsbet stadium, see 3 games and get a glimpse of some of our up-and-coming juniors
Thanks DS- will put in my diary.

randomdragon

Juniors
Really looks like st George are trying to focus on their pathways, opening up a new gym for the students ball and Harold Matt’s to use. Wonder who’s idea in the club this was? Wonder if Mary painted the walls? Also note hook was down at st George training over the weekend

Rod Coil

Juniors
Really looks like st George are trying to focus on their pathways, opening up a new gym for the students ball and Harold Matt’s to use. Wonder who’s idea in the club this was? Wonder if Mary painted the walls? Also note hook was down at st George training over the weekend
Craig Young via Leagues Club money invested around $40k in the gym. Took about 3 years to come to reality due to NSW Department of Education red tape as it is on School land at Oatley Campus. (Mary no input - wouldn't know where Oatley is)

denis preston

First Grade
Again great to see Hook at junior rep games when the previous coach couldn't even make it to Reserve grade ! Mind you as coaches are on from 300k to 600k you would expect them at every game ( particularly this time of year ) they could possibly make and at junior GF days all Matthews & Ball & Ressies etc .
I am really intrigued how McMuppet got away with the things he didn't do , more so from the point of how did the dynamics & expectations appear to have changed since we flicked him ? Was it just Hook & Webby just giving him what he wants or is there a shift at Board level with Webby's help ? Or Was it a case of the St George side decided to move on from trying to get 100% of the license and concentrate on the football side for once ( sick of losing , like the rest of us ? ) I'd love to know !

randomdragon

Juniors
Again great to see Hook at junior rep games when the previous coach couldn't even make it to Reserve grade ! Mind you as coaches are on from 300k to 600k you would expect them at every game ( particularly this time of year ) they could possibly make and at junior GF days all Matthews & Ball & Ressies etc .
I am really intrigued how McMuppet got away with the things he didn't do , more so from the point of how did the dynamics & expectations appear to have changed since we flicked him ? Was it just Hook & Webby just giving him what he wants or is there a shift at Board level with Webby's help ? Or Was it a case of the St George side decided to move on from trying to get 100% of the license and concentrate on the football side for once ( sick of losing , like the rest of us ? ) I'd love to know !
yeah id love to know too, @George Dragon seems to know a lot in terms of the junior side

George Dragon

Juniors
Junior rep trials today.

Pathways, Dragons played Manly don't know the score.

Tarsha Gale Cup, Steelers had a good win, Dragons had a few players out.

Harold Matts , Steelers had a good win Dragons where without a lot of their signings.

SG Ball was a lot closer with Steelers coming back to win. Some big boys in both sides made it a solid game.

Dragons staff that where there that I had a chat to were, Young, Haran, Milward, Timmins and Soward.
Wynn and Elliott where also there.

Had a chat with Blacklock who had a kid from Tamworth trialing.

Sullivan, Amone and Sloan where there before heading off to Blues camp.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Junior rep trials today.

Pathways, Dragons played Manly don't know the score.

Tarsha Gale Cup, Steelers had a good win, Dragons had a few players out.

Harold Matts , Steelers had a good win Dragons where without a lot of their signings.

SG Ball was a lot closer with Steelers coming back to win. Some big boys in both sides made it a solid game.

Dragons staff that where there that I had a chat to were, Young, Haran, Milward, Timmins and Soward.
Wynn and Elliott where also there.

Had a chat with Blacklock who had a kid from Tamworth trialing.

Sullivan, Amone and Sloan where there before heading off to Blues camp.
Thanks...
Anyone catch your eye, anyone that the coaches think could be the next "superstar"?

George Dragon

Juniors
Thanks...
Anyone catch your eye, anyone that the coaches think could be the next "superstar"?
JC Ngarima who I have spoken about before. He is also training with the Flegg boys. I'll make a thread on him soon.

New boy on the block Aiden Stait from Bathurst and measures up at 202cm and 125kg.
He is a big boy so stands out and makes good metres but what I liked was he looked to off load every hit up.Screenshot_20211211-184034_Samsung Internet.jpg

jak

Bench
JC Ngarima who I have spoken about before. He is also training with the Flegg boys. I'll make a thread on him soon.

New boy on the block Aiden Stait from Bathurst and measures up at 202cm and 125kg.
He is a big boy so stands out and makes good metres but what I liked was he looked to off load every hit up.View attachment 56566
thanks for all your info george much appreciated please keep it coming.

ALX25

Juniors
Illawarra Steelers Final Squads
HM

Ashton O'Dea, Bailey Marks, Beau Devlin, Caleb Hall, Clay Baldock, Daniel Brady, Daniel Meafou, Darnell Te Ahuru, Dextar Grant, Hayden Buchanan, Isaac Laughton, Isaiah Hegedus, Jackson Rieck, Jai Duncan, James Walsh, Kade Reed, Kaide Pratt, Letham Manago, Paea Sione Liteila Ahio, Palu Tausala, Ramses Munro, Samson McAllister-Wood, Seth Larkings, Seth Pearman, Talitiga Feagai, Toby Rumble, Tom Kirk, Tristan Dawson, Viliami Amone

SG Ball
Ashton Ward, Ben Rumble, Callum Leikvoll, Campbell Watchirs, Dilan Asanoski, Dylan Egan, Ethan Cliff, Hamish Stewart, Jack Bostock, Jack Piccirilli, Jack Quine, Jacob Webster, Jahream Lole-Ngarima, Jaxon Lavender, Kane Graham, Matthew Noakes, Mitchell Swadling, Navajo Doyle, Ryan Couchman, Ryan Hodgson, Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere, Toby Couchman, Toby Miller, Travis Barrett-Hancock, Trey Barlow, Viliami Mahe

Source: Illawarra Steelers Junior Reps Facebook Page [01/02]

George Dragon

Juniors
I see Talitiga Feagai,and Viliami Amone in HM are they younger brothers of the twins and junior by chance ?

Yes and they are both forwards.

Unfortunately Tali will miss the season after his teeth were knocked out and his cheekbone fractured in a high shot from Alex Leapai.
Poor kid is still waiting on the operation.

Navajo Doyle is my tip for a future star

Good kid, comes from a family of good footballers.
Budda has only recently joined the squad and has not played with they boys yet due to a broken wrist.
It may take some time for him to gel.