What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball Quarter final V Saints

roopy

Referee
It is odd that we finished 3rd and they get a home final.]
Anyway, here is our team;

Tyren Mundine
Brian Clarke
Matthew Cooper
Justin Apthorpe
Akuila Uate
Robbie Witt
Luke Walsh
Hayden Jeans
Joel Barton
Wendall Wilson
Jacob Ling
Scott Dobbins
Brodie Hardman
RESERVES

Joel Brown
Joel Edwards
Ainsley Coxedge
Lucas Miller
Cory Paterson
Jon Tupou
Frank Paranthoiene

Mathew Cooper moves from fullback to centre after his two outstanding games last weekend in both Ball and Flegg.
Barton is our everywhere man after playing lock and 5/8 in the last few games he now lines up as hooker for the first time i can remember.
Hardman goes back to lock.
It is not a bad team considering the injuries to Seu Seu and Richardson, who were our best players early on. The forwards are tough bastards, and the backs like Mundine and Uate have plenty of flair.
We beat Saints by 30-8 last week with a side that didn't look as good as this one on paper.

roopy

Referee
My thoughts on the players;

Tyren Mundine - a tall and mobile fullback who scored a fair few tries despite having limited opportunity because of the great form of Terrence Seu Seu.
Brian Clarke - Koori winger with great speed and good moves - but could be bigger.
Matthew Cooper - a tough player with good speed. I can see him being a good forward some day.
Justin Apthorpe - a handy player who makes few mistakes - but I would prefer to see Callan Richardson starting.
Akuila Uate - fast and athletic looking winger with a big future - has a great step.
Robbie Witt - taller than the other Witt brothers and very fit looking - takes a few wrong options I think.
Luke Walsh - probably going to win the Carlsen medal this year. He is playing great and is the reason we could win the title.
Hayden Jeans - should play for NSW. He is the best prop I've seen in a while.
Joel Barton - a solid guy who gives 100%.
Wendall Wilson - great big guy who needs a bit more fitness, but does plenty of damage when on the field.
Jacob Ling - another solid and hardworking forward.
Scott Dobbins - was prop in Mathews last year and has stepped up to this level well.
Brodie Hardman - a wildman who gives everything on the field.
RESERVES

Joel Brown
Joel Edwards
Ainsley Coxedge
Lucas Miller
Cory Paterson
Jon Tupou
Frank Paranthoiene

roopy

Referee
Jubilee - which is wrong - because i think we deserve a home final for finishing 3rd - and the semis and grandfinal are at St Mary's.

roopy

Referee
They lost - !6-10 I think.
It will be interesting to see how many make the Flegg side next week. I'd say only 3 or 4 at most - even though they are a very good side.

Don't worry, Illawarra will avenge your loss to Saints... and take great pleasure in doing so! ;-)
Both SG Ball and H.Mathews semis Illawarra vs St George

Rex Banner

Juniors
roopy said:
It will be interesting to see how many make the Flegg side next week. I'd say only 3 or 4 at most - even though they are a very good side.

Rex Banner

Juniors
roopy said:

Hey Roopy!!!!

I find it hard to believe that any of the BALL team will be in the FLEGG team this weekend. The FLEGG U/20 team are equal leaders while the BALL U/18 team has lost 3 of there last 5 games including last Saturday's 1/4 final loss.

The only player from the BALL team who should be there is 1/2 back Luke Walsh but you believe Scott Dureau is better. This leads me to wonder who the 3 or 4 players from the BALL side would make the FLEGG side this weekend and who's place they would take.

roopy

Referee
I think Cooper, Jeans, Walsh, Barton and Seu Seu are all good enough - and a few others like Uate, Hardman, Ling, Richarson and Paterson should at least train with the Flegg squad.
As to who they should replace - that is a hard call - because the Flegg side is bloody good.

Rex Banner

Juniors
Seu Seu has his leg in a brace, so I don't think he will be in FLEGG this weekend.
Walsh should be 1/2 back, Cooper has filled in already as has Barton and Clarke have filled in, but as for the others there would have to be a lot of injuries for them to get a run. (Something the club could do without).