What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SGI Squad

possm

Coach
We have reportedly lost 6 players through transfer out or retirement and with talk about us losing Mann as well however, there are no reports of us signing/promoting any new players.

Who do you think Millward will sign/promote to our NRL squad for 2019 and beyond?

Most importantly, why do you believe he will deliver the players you have mentioned?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Let's see Millward signed Vaughn and I think McInness. around this time so he probably has something up his sleeve. First he is seeing how much he has to spend and which positions need strengthening. He has developed a pretty decent pack with Sims, McInness and Vaughn (2 made Origin, the other on the cusp) so not too bad a record. With Korbin now coming at the expense of Leeson that is not a bad move at all. Leeson was great but Korbin has much more mongrel in him.

BLM01

First Grade
Let's see Millward signed Vaughn and I think McInness. around this time so he probably has something up his sleeve. First he is seeing how much he has to spend and which positions need strengthening. He has developed a pretty decent pack with Sims, McInness and Vaughn (2 made Origin, the other on the cusp) so not too bad a record. With Korbin now coming at the expense of Leeson that is not a bad move at all. Leeson was great but Korbin has much more mongrel in him.
I agree Sims runs a bit harder and trys to hit in defence but also gets more smashed in tackles than Ahmau did and prone to injury and giving penalties away.

BLM01

First Grade
We have reportedly lost 6 players through transfer out or retirement and with talk about us losing Mann as well however, there are no reports of us signing/promoting any new players.

Who do you think Millward will sign/promote to our NRL squad for 2019 and beyond?

Most importantly, why do you believe he will deliver the players you have mentioned?
Except for Ben Hunt and Widdop..I have lost belief we can steal any current marquee players anymore from outside since Wayne did in 2008 for the 2009 season (Boyd, Priddis & Smith).
I sit with bated breath year after year for us to steal some gun 1st grader from somewhere else
Vaughan, Sims, Weyman & Costigan turned out marquee but were risks languishing between 1sts and reserves.
I forgot Price's love child..Dylan Farrell :rolleyes: from the North Sydney Bears..oops they were Souths feeder team not NRL

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Except for Ben Hunt and Widdop..I have lost belief we can steal any current marquee players anymore from outside since Wayne did in 2008 for the 2009 season (Boyd, Priddis & Smith).
I sit with bated breath year after year for us to steal some gun 1st grader from somewhere else
Vaughan, Sims, Weyman & Costigan turned out marquee but were risks languishing between 1sts and reserves.
I forgot Price's love child..Dylan Farrell :rolleyes: from the North Sydney Bears..oops they were Souths feeder team not NRL
Jesus the bad old days .An electrifying centre combination of Neilson & Farrell ! , notable replacements for Gaz & Coops !! No wonder recruitment got taken away from the coaches !

BLM01

First Grade
Jesus the bad old days .An electrifying centre combination of Neilson & Farrell ! , notable replacements for Gaz & Coops !! No wonder recruitment got taken away from the coaches !
DP, that was not all the the coach. That was Doust & Young. One thing you can say about Price in his defence of his coaching tenure. It was not all his team he was coaching or assembled. Recruitment was taken away from him especially when Bennett said he was departing as he was inexperienced and a soft touch. I think he did request for Farrell but ultimately the decision did not rest with him.

denis preston

First Grade
DP, that was not all the the coach. That was Doust & Young. One thing you can say about Price in his defence of his coaching tenure. It was not all his team he was coaching or assembled. Recruitment was taken away from him especially when Bennett said he was departing as he was inexperienced and a soft touch. I think he did request for Farrell but ultimately the decision did not rest with him.
Fair enough , shows you how the club was ( is ? ) run.Young made a shambles of coaching then years later gets recruitment and makes a shambles of that and now is what a director or whatever ? And meanwhile we attract 40k to spend on on third party deals !

Frank Facer

First Grade
Recruitment was already taken away from Price. Blame Craig Young for those shit signings. Price had little say in recruitment, just as Mary has little say. Craig Young ends up being promoted to be a member of the board. I think Craig Young should have been shown the door a long time ago.

You probably should have said, no wonder good coaches aren't interested in coming to coach us, when they don't have control of recruitment and retention and can't choose their own coaching staff.

Last edited:

Buz-V

Juniors
What about the Jennings brothers. Robert and George. Stuff it... Make a play for all 3

1. Dufty
2. R. Jennings
3. M. Jennings
4. Lomax
5. G. Jennings
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

That would be interesting lol.

possm

Coach
What about the Jennings brothers. Robert and George. Stuff it... Make a play for all 3

1. Dufty
2. R. Jennings
3. M. Jennings
4. Lomax
5. G. Jennings
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

That would be interesting lol.
Our current squad still has a few hole in it. We need a winger, centre and a prop to at least match it with the top 4 of 2019. So who can we sign to fill the gaps:
1. Dufty / Lomax
2. Pereira / new signing
3. Lomax / Aitken
4. Lafai / new signing
5. New signing

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes / Robson
10. Graham
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. T Sims
15. AFB
16. Leilua
17. Robson / Field

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Our current squad still has a few hole in it. We need a winger, centre and a prop to at least match it with the top 4 of 2019. So who can we sign to fill the gaps:
1. Dufty / Lomax
2. Pereira / new signing
3. Lomax / Aitken
4. Lafai / new signing
5. New signing

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes / Robson
10. Graham
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. T Sims
15. AFB
16. Leilua
17. Robson / Field

Players have already been announced for the wing spot left vacant by MacDonald.

possm

Coach
10 SGI players are off-contract in October 2019:
Dufty
Field
Kerr
Latimore
Lawrie
Lovodua
Masters
Nicholls
Robson
T Sims
Sailor
Quite a big number of players coming off contract, give the new coach something to work with - Benntt will weave magic with the opportunity to bring in some new players..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
10 SGI players are off-contract in October 2019:
Dufty
Field
Kerr
Latimore
Lawrie
Lovodua
Masters
Nicholls
Robson
T Sims
Sailor
Quite a big number of players coming off contract, give the new coach something to work with - Benntt will weave magic with the opportunity to bring in some new players..

There’s one major obstacle with this.

Latest posts