What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
Anyone notice Flanagan talking about the tigers and saying "we"? Makes you wonder if Madge is gone and Shane is locked in.

Seeks an odd slip of the tongue

Magpies Forever

Juniors
FWIW I'd at least talk to him if he was interested but seeing he is an ex Magpie player that might be the most simple reason he said 'we'.

Das Hassler

Bench
With Flanno it would be a 100% certainty that his kid would end up here at 7 ...no question. ...i wouldn't survive that level of frustration. If Kyle simultaneously signs somewhere in the UK for 3 years then fine...by all means.

Wizardman

First Grade
With Flanno it would be a 100% certainty that his kid would end up here at 7 ...no question. ...i wouldn't survive that level of frustration. If Kyle simultaneously signs somewhere in the UK for 3 years then fine...by all means.
That is my big hesitation with signing Flanagan. With our weak management, his son would come back to play footy at our club. I heard him in commentary today....it did sound like a job interview.

macnaz

Staff member
Come on over Flanno and roid the f**k out of these losers and bust our cap . We can't compete using the rules and even get fined by the NRL for not even breaking them. There are f**k all headlines or game results that would ever shock me anymore when it comes to this crappy joint so who cares less what a future under Flanno would bring , we may even be competitive occasionally.

I don’t care for Flanno at all, would probably result in my care factor further waning, he oversaw drug cheating, cap cheating and made Paul Gallen not the biggest sook at the club. I don’t think I could cop him.

If Madge gets the flick I think the Sheenius will be back.

Madge’s biggest problem appears to be the lack of development in the playing group.

From sub-marquee to factory gimp, the “growth, development and progress” he was speaking proudly about at press conferences mid way through the season is but a distant memory.

It sounds even more the product of delusion when the points differential between us and the storm is more than 660 or 28 points a game.

If I recall correctly, the lu panel here were asking that Madge be granted a decent assistant in round 5 or whatever. All the club had to do was to register and log on here, heeded our warnings and sound advice and we may have had a different season.

Apart from Flanagan, Morris should be interviewed. My heart says Seibs deserves another crack but @Marshall_magic prediction is each way. Round 6 2022, so we can at least try to save that season.

Just a slight correction here, whilst Flanno was talking of the Tigers it was like a coach doing it to his team, when he said “we”, and he did it numerous times, he was talking of the Sharks.
I may have missed it if he did it one time for the Tigers, but I know for sure that he did it a few times for the Sharks.

Vozzy

Juniors
Even Josh Hannay seems to have a good game plan and get best out of his team without SJ as well.

Just a slight correction here, whilst Flanno was talking of the Tigers it was like a coach doing it to his team, when he said “we”, and he did it numerous times, he was talking of the Sharks.
I may have missed it if he did it one time for the Tigers, but I know for sure that he did it a few times for the Sharks.
Dreamkiller.

How many enemies do you want to make here bubster?!

We'd take Morris or his mum at this point.

@hineyrulz, @merahputih and many others would testify that any impending coaching vacancy must conjure up the spectre of David Waite so he needs to be mentioned early in dispatches or its not a serious discussion.

murraymob

Coach
Lucky you have the panthers next week after you smashed them and celebrated your victory so gracefully it should be a easy return victory for you .Penrith have no chance against your mighty team

WA Tiger

Bench
That is my big hesitation with signing Flanagan. With our weak management, his son would come back to play footy at our club. I heard him in commentary today....it did sound like a job interview.
He talked a lot of sense though…or was that Cory Parker coming up with some real simple but effective strategy…they both sounded the same…He won a premiership(I know I know) and don’t tell me he hasn’t learnt from his time on the sideline

Dreamkiller.

How many enemies do you want to make here bubster?!
I actually watched the game again this morning and I picked up where the OP was getting at. I thought the "we" that he said was more aligned as how a coach thinks, as in he was talking of forward passes and he said "we" dont know who to blame, the runner, passer etc. I honestly think he was talking as a collective of coaches in his "we".
In saying that, he truly was commentating as if he was the Tigers coach. I even said in the Sharks game day thread that he is really trying very hard not to show any bias towards the Sharks.
Make of that as you will, but maybe he was giving your management an unofficial interview

Latest posts