What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Much improved tonight and great goal line defence. I was at the game on the hill so will have to re-watch for my votes

Headless Chook

Juniors
Funny old game. In the first 10 minutes I was thinking by how much we’d get rolled by. The Sharks has 3 or 4 chances early out wide, and a few up the middle, to put us away but didn’t. Luckily they couldn’t convert.

Then our halves took control and kicked us to a relatiively comfortable win. Proud of the defensive effort where I think they had 9 sets in a row mid way through the 2nd half in our 20 and we only conceded the one try.

Overall not pretty but clearly a welcome turnaround from last week’s fiasco.

3. Keary
2. Cords
1. Cronk

Valheru

Coach
On review I'll go

3 teddy
2 cords
1 JWH

I thought teddy was great, particulalry defensively with a few one on one tackles. Cords looks to have put the first 3 weeks behind him and JWH was very good off the bench.

The halves were both very good but more of a game management role than excellence in attack like our other 2 wins. The back line didn't have much of a chance but it was just one of those games.

3 points: Boyd Cordner. Our best metre getter on Friday night (182 metres on 18 runs according to Fox Sports) and pulled off some good hits in defence. Lead from the front.

2 points: Cooper Cronk. Controlled the tempo well and his kicking was pin point. Also giving him points for the great crunching tackle he put on Wade Graham.

1 point: SST. Next best metre eater (in the forwards) with 147 metres.

Honourable mention for Reece Robinson. He went from having a complete shocker against the Warriors to a very solid performance against the Sharks. Kudos to him.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
3 points: Our best metre getter on Friday night (182 metres on 18 runs according to Fox Sports) and pulled off some good hits in defence. Lead from the front.

2 points: Cooper Cronk. Controlled the tempo well and his kicking was pin point. Also giving him points for the great crunching tackle he put on Wade Graham.

1 point: SST. Next best metre eater (in the forwards) with 147 metres.

Honourable mention for Reece Robinson. He went from having a complete shocker against the Warriors to a very solid performance against the Sharks. Kudos to him.

Assuming your 3 is for Cords?

H.H

Juniors
Yeah funny game as someone said.Definitely an improvement, but still alot more left or needed.

3 - Keary
2 - JWH
1 - Cronk

Honorable mention to Cordner who is getting back to his best, Teddy who looked to get involved and was superb in defence and Radley/Tetevano who along with JWH changed the match when they came on.