What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks bait Hewat to make the switch

Feej

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
Hewatt is only about as quick as Covell. Why would we bother?
Because uncle nuff nuff says so.

This signing will most surely bring us our maiden premiership!

Since 73

First Grade
I'd rather Lleyton. He'd make a fairly good 5/8. Tough little buger and run all day.

Except for Mike O'connor, Rah Rah players don't convert that well to league. They grow up used to running through holes that overweight cumbersome forwards can't cover. They don't find that in league.
That's why leaguies always stand out going to union. They face far inferior defensive patterns than they ever encountered in league.

mr_sharks

Juniors
Since 73 said:
Except for Mike O'connor, Rah Rah players don't convert that well to league. They grow up used to running through holes that overweight cumbersome forwards can't cover. They don't find that in league.
That's why leaguies always stand out going to union. They face far inferior defensive patterns than they ever encountered in league.

Ever heard of Ricky Stuart?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If(when) the waratahs get gasnier, we are a very good chance of getting him to league.
We are currently underthe cap & will have Vagana gone for 07.
he could well end up our high profile/paid player.
Captain material.
Goal kicker.
Big.
handles injuries.

dreary

Juniors
he would be a very good buy ... too bad it'll never happen, if we had of 2 years ago we'd have had a chance and a reasonable priced purchase but now, not a hope in hell.

Since 73

First Grade
mr_sharks:
Ever heard of Ricky Stuart?

True, another of the very few. Cream always rises to the top.

Has anybody spotted Drew Mitchell from the Qld Reds (probably not as you'd have to be hard pressed to watch them get beat most weeks) but he is a real standout. Fantastic defender and attacker. Mackenzie is chasing him hard for the Tahs next season.

Fuddy

Juniors
He's a great attacking player - but the bloke can't and won't tackle - he's in a game where he can hide from tackling and go for the intercept every time but he just won't tackle - if in League he'd be another player for us to hide in the defensive line.

Mind you he's not Robinson Crusoe - we have a few other backs who can't tackle - let's bring back Ryan McGoldrick.

MrSharky

Juniors
Our new fullback??.................

icon6.gif

Inferno

Coach
sutho goldfish said:
f**k hewat, we should bring back matty!!!

The rat on the Footy show last night

Matt Johns: the sharks need you mat

Mat: they need more than me

I think we'v got more chance at signing Gasnier than the Rat.

Macca

Coach
I can't believe some of you wouldn't have this guy.

The cheque book needs to come out on July 1 this year.

Fuddy

Juniors
Have you seen him play or just reading the hype - watch his defence - great attacking player and if we can hide him he may be an option - he's a worse defensive player than Amos Roberts and Colin Best (and that's saying something)

Breadman

Juniors
I reckon he'd be a sensation for us at fullback. He's a game breaker, something we certainly do not have at the moment and something we desperately need

imasharkie

Coach
Breadman said:
I reckon he'd be a sensation for us at fullback. He's a game breaker, something we certainly do not have at the moment and something we desperately need

He runs the ball a lot harder than the girl we've got there now.

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Since 73 said:
I'd rather Lleyton. He'd make a fairly good 5/8. Tough little buger and run all day.

Dally Messenger, Rex Mossop,Russell Fairfax, Ben Kennedy, Ricky Stuart, Scott Gourley, Jonathon Davies, Ray Price, Ryan Cross, Phil Hawthorne......backs & forwards; all with union origins.

Players went to league mainly for the money. Players are now going to union mainly for the money. The trend will continue beacuse - worldwide - union generates much more money than league.

jc155776

Coach
Inferno said:
The rat on the Footy show last night

Matt Johns: the sharks need you mat

Mat: they need more than me

I think we'v got more chance at signing Gasnier than the Rat.

that was gold that.

couldnt help laughing at my joke of a team :p

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Mr. Shark said:
Dally Messenger, Rex Mossop,Russell Fairfax, Ben Kennedy, Ricky Stuart, Scott Gourley, Jonathon Davies, Ray Price, Ryan Cross, Phil Hawthorne......backs & forwards; all with union origins.

Players went to league mainly for the money. Players are now going to union mainly for the money. The trend will continue beacuse - worldwide - union generates much more money than league.

add buddy gordon

Latest posts