What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

unforgiven

Bench
There are reports starting to circulate that the Sharks will be stripped of the 2016 premiership. Stated on Talkin Sport last night.

Tiger5150

Bench
So a possible leak to Weedler of all people.

The NRL need less leaks and more decisive action. If you’re going to hand out a punishment, do it.

Don’t leak and let it stew in the media.

(Assuming Weedler’s mail is true, which I have no reason to doubt given his impeccable record)

Its hardly a Weidler exclusive, Webster was talking about this on BSB this morning. He went further and reckons (this but sounds dodgy to me) that "the rule is" that they would have to get rid of Shaun Johnson because he was last in.

Its hardly a Weidler exclusive, Webster was talking about this on BSB this morning. He went further and reckons (this but sounds dodgy to me) that "the rule is" that they would have to get rid of Shaun Johnson because he was last in.

They were talking about it on Fox Sports News late last night with Dan Ginane. Their take was that if due to punishment the Sharks were over the cap, then Johnson as their last signing would be ineligible to play for the Sharks until they took steps to get under the cap (be it cut players or something similar). Not that they must get rid of Johnson.

Tiger5150

Bench
They were talking about it on Fox Sports News late last night with Dan Ginane. Their take was that if due to punishment the Sharks were over the cap, then Johnson as their last signing would be ineligible to play for the Sharks until they took steps to get under the cap (be it cut players or something similar). Not that they must get rid of Johnson.

That makes a lot more sense than what Webster was saying this morning.

AJB1102

First Grade
Doubt it would happen but f**k it would be hilarious if true.

We'll just ignore it hopefully continue to celebrate its anniversaries, just like Storm.

An * would mean f**kall to me. I seen it, we won, fun was had. An * wont change any of it.

Quicksilver

Bench
Doubt it would happen but f**k it would be hilarious if true.

It would be heaps f**king funny to see the sadness of people who waited their whole life to see a footy team win.

One person I know’s whole life is basically restricted to watching football on TV because they can’t do much else as they are severely disabled. That win was one of the few ups they’ve ever really had.

What a joy. Great outcome.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It would be heaps f**king funny to see the sadness of people who waited their whole life to see a footy team win.

One person I know’s whole life is basically restricted to watching football on TV because they can’t do much else as they are severely disabled. That win was one of the few ups they’ve ever really had.

....Okay? So maybe he should be ultra pissed at the club he loves for cheating their way to something that he's been waiting for for decades.

Quicksilver

Bench
....Okay? So maybe he should be ultra pissed at the club he loves for cheating their way to something that he's been waiting for for decades.

Damn right he should be.

I’m talking about the outcome of a stripped premiership though which we can all agree would be incredibly funny, particularly for the type of victims outlined above.

Diesel

Referee
Shaun Johnson reportedly to be forced out of the Sharts before even playing a game due to salary cap issue. And a trolololol we go.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/800254fb6af4f56e65383bf3f5c10bb2

The whole player market is affected by teams going in and signing players and then needing to off-load players to make them compliant with the salary cap.
It’s much easier for a Sydney based player to live in the same house, kids stay in the same school and move to a Sydney based club than it is to move interstate or to NZ.
If SJ is offloaded, he’ll be staying in Sydney, and unless it’s a fringe first grader, so will any other Cronulla player

I'm sure you laughed your head off when it happened to the Storm years ago though, right?

Quicksilver

Bench
I'm sure you laughed your head off when it happened to the Storm years ago though, right?

I didn’t really give a f**k about those involved but it wasn’t particularly nice for the disgruntled fans who were on TV throwing their merchandise back at head office.

In any case, they only had to go back to 99 or whatever for a premiership and they’ve been repaid since.

ASH76

Juniors

Geez I read some stupid shit on this site but at the moment you are clear winner.

You are saying because you friend is disabled it was ok for the Sharks to lie, cheat take peptides and let a known coke head play for them to win their first title?

Put the sex wax down and get out of the salt air you absolute muppet.