What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

nick87

Coach
Systems fine, it’s cheating scum bag administrators with no ethics that are the problem. Maybe everyone employec in nrl club management needs to take a psycho test and lie detector to judge character?

No. Clearly the system is not f**king fine.
The system is clearly wide f**king open for abuse, and administrators constantly under pressure to win and retain their jobs continue to take advantage.

The system is totally and utterly broken.

I love how the fans of the game all jump on it which is exactly what the media want.

Can people stop just for a minute, read the facts and make a big boy decision.

Think about what has happened the last 3 weeks with buzz and come to your own conclusion based on the timing and the severity and process of the breach (self reported).

This is a classic case of buzz getting his nose out of joint. Ffs he even waited until the last home game was done.

Wake up people. We dobbed ourselves in and buzz jumped on it.

I know you are reading buzz and next time I see you you are copping both barrels. You’re a f**king disgraceful person and an even worse journo

Barkley

Bench
IlYySFRD7OyOMwKumod72XPNLccf4mj_736V1kfC1-Mcv8wOAd2LT-MC_FY7XgEbxogTDnhHu7IVPIPyoEOHw76FVXJOzkRwiLolUJM=w480-h275-nc

Zadar

Juniors
I know I put sht on you guys but in all seriousness I hope it doesn’t come to light premiership was a cap breach year. The fans waited too long, you don’t deserve it to be taken away,

The fans will always have the grand final day, just won’t be official. Storm fans still claim theirs.

Can someone tell me what the auditors do if the nrl relies on clubs to self report?

50K is smaller than the breaches the nrl did find.

Buzz just trying to get back at those that called him out.

squiddy

Juniors
I love how the fans of the game all jump on it which is exactly what the media want.

Can people stop just for a minute, read the facts and make a big boy decision.

Think about what has happened the last 3 weeks with buzz and come to your own conclusion based on the timing and the severity and process of the breach (self reported).

This is a classic case of buzz getting his nose out of joint. Ffs he even waited until the last home game was done.

Wake up people. We dobbed ourselves in and buzz jumped on it.

I know you are reading buzz and next time I see you you are copping both barrels. You’re a f**king disgraceful person and an even worse journo

AND it happened 3 f.n months ago

Spot On

Coach
Can someone tell me what the auditors do if the nrl relies on clubs to self report?

Wait for a whistle blower.

Wonder if they'll ever work out that the system needs to be changed somewhat.

I did see recently some ideas/changes re player managers and contract negotiations which would also affect TPA negotiations.

But at the glacier like pace that anything cap related happens in RL, it could be a decade before anything of substance occurs.

I guess part of the issue for the NRL might be that 3rd party deals done correctly are private matters between a player/manager and the company. It may be a restraint of trade for the NRL to set limits etc.

Puntoue

Juniors
Jesus, from the look of it this is getting blown out of proportion.

From the information gathered, all that’s happened is that the club seems to have found an unaccounted third party deal from 2015 (said to be only 50k) that they’ve self reported to the NRL 3 WHOLE MONTHS AGO.

Salary cap was cleared for 2016 and we’re cleared for 2018.

No doubt Buzz has been sitting on this story for a while, waiting for the perfect time to drop it (probably planned on doing it in the finals the dog) but because Dugan and Fifita called Buzz names and he’s so peahearted and upset by it (even tho he’s spent every waking moment in front of a camera since saying it doesn’t bother him) he’s released it now.