What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Secure Peewee Moke

The Nulla

Juniors
Ladies and Gents. I know there was talk we were after Moke but I never heard if it was official, so excuse my ignorance if this has already been reported.

But today's Leader has us securing the services of Peewee Moke. As I just got a glance of the Leader i'm not sure how long for or if it even said but we definitly have him.

It was an article on how the Sharks are snatching up or these kiwis and polynesians.

The article also listed our full 40-man train on squad for season 2006. My word it looks promising.

Raper has given the boys a month off.

Maybe someone can post the 40-man train on squad.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
train on squad
d albert
m brown
l covell
p moke
d neilsen

b pommeroy
m raftery
b scott
d simmons
n vagana
a dykes
b green
b karauira henry
b kimmorley

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
forwards
p bailey
c ciraldo
l douglas
p gallen
l harlen
s isemonger
j latimore
p leulaui
r lovegrove
h maiava
c manua
d mapp
d nuttley
b ross
b sanders
j selmes
j stosic
d weston
r williams

Special K

Coach
Ross was a dud trainer and had more knee injuries then well someone with a few injuries.

Pyper was another who was having a rough time with injuries.

Peewee Moke is a very handy pick up. Geez we have some great names in our club - surely that will win us a comp.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Well what a squad that is going to be!!!! Not short of size thats for sure!!!

Its good to see Nielson, Barbongie and Brown in the squad but just one noteable omission Lafi Manua??? Angry wont be to happy

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
There appears some logic now to the purchases.
As stated in the paper, & also pointed out by captain, there has been an obvious cull of players who are not regular first graders & over the age of 23.
if you are over that age , it seems you needed to have 50-100 games up.
If you are 30 or over, you were gone.
The average age of the squad will drop around 3 years from this year to next.

Add to this, a concerted push for Polly players.
We will have added 8 pollys to the first grade squad in 2 years & have another 4 in the lowers.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
There appears some logic now to the purchases.
As stated in the paper, & also pointed out by captain, there has been an obvious cull of players who are not regular first graders & over the age of 23.
if you are over that age , it seems you needed to have 50-100 games up.
If you are 30 or over, you were gone.
The average age of the squad will drop around 3 years from this year to next.

:lol: months ago. FIGJAM

FMF I'm an insightful bastard!

Special K

Coach
The thing I like is the age of the backs. For to long Raper has held back on giving guys a shot that are not Simmons, now he will surely have to look at these guys... Not including Nige there are some talented young guys

Brown, Moke, Neilsen, Raftery etc. Hopefully one of these guys will be able to hold down a centre or wing spot.

Then again throwing these guys in the deep end could be a major c**k up. But f**king hell we need to have a shot. Who was the last decent back we developed (Simmons is not decent)?

Also does this squad close the door on McGoldrick, Pelo and Reweti? If so it is a shame...