What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sign Dustin Cooper

cronullashark

Juniors
from www.sharks.com.au

The Sharks have announced the signing of Newcastle Knights utility player Dustin Cooper to a two-year deal.
The 25 year-old Cooper, who stands an imposing 194cm tall and weighs in at around 103kgs, can cover a number of positions including centre, fullback, wing, five eighth, lock and second row.

Sharks CEO Greg Pierce had no preconceptions about where he would fit into the Cronulla side but had no doubt Cooper would be a valuable addition and would definitely add to the depth of the Sharks squad.
“He is a good strong player who has shown he can more than capably cover a number of positions at NRL level,” Pierce said. “There were a number of rival clubs showing interest in Dustin but we invited him down and he was impressed by the area and by the set up at the club.”
Prior to joining the Knights in 2005, Cooper played for the Melbourne Storm. He has played 31 NRL games, scoring 12 tries and kicking two goals.
Cooper originally hails from Murgon in the Wide Bay region of Queensland. He will join the likes of Craig Stapleton, who was outstanding for the Panthers against the Sharks last week, Josh Hannay, Fraser Anderson, Paul Stephenson and Michael Greenfield as one of the new faces at the club in 2007.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
cronullashark said:
from www.sharks.com.au

The Sharks have announced the signing of Newcastle Knights utility player Dustin Cooper to a two-year deal.
The 25 year-old Cooper, who stands an imposing 194cm tall and weighs in at around 103kgs, can cover a number of positions including centre, fullback, wing, five eighth, lock and second row.

Sharks CEO Greg Pierce had no preconceptions about where he would fit into the Cronulla side but had no doubt Cooper would be a valuable addition and would definitely add to the depth of the Sharks squad.
“He is a good strong player who has shown he can more than capably cover a number of positions at NRL level,” Pierce said. “There were a number of rival clubs showing interest in Dustin but we invited him down and he was impressed by the area and by the set up at the club.”
Prior to joining the Knights in 2005, Cooper played for the Melbourne Storm. He has played 31 NRL games, scoring 12 tries and kicking two goals.
Cooper originally hails from Murgon in the Wide Bay region of Queensland. He will join the likes of Craig Stapleton, who was outstanding for the Panthers against the Sharks last week, Josh Hannay, Fraser Anderson, Paul Stephenson and Michael Greenfield as one of the new faces at the club in 2007.

Wonder what club they showed him.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Sideline Eye said:
another makeshif signing...useless club might sign a few more so they can gloat about rebuilding for next year

anymore you know of SLE? just nuffy oldies

i still cant believe Smith Samau hasnt been signed by anyone yet

SharkWings

Juniors
He is a top player - can play a number of positions but has had serious injury problems I think. Is he over them?

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Have you guys that rate him seen him play?

Are you sure you arent confusing him with another player?

I remember one game Newcastle vs Warriors I was at the ground and a mate and I thought he played the worst game we had ever seen an NRL player play. I wonder how many other clubs wanted him? Or don’t other clubs like signing players to just play premier league?

Cant see why we bothered.