What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Panthers

Kilkenny

Coach
Danger game guys.

This is an absolute must win and while the Sharks have been poor they have a very good record against the Panthers particulary at their ground.

We will be without Michael Jennings which is a huge loss and we can only hope Frank Pritchard will be fit and well.

I say it often but this is a game where it is not about the performance but surely about just getting the two points and going into the next fixture against an undermanned bulldogs on the back of a victory.

I think the next two games will determine our season. Two wins and we are well placed. At the same time, one and one or worse still two loses and we will be back to square one in 2010.

Despite there form I think the Sharks are going to be dangerous opponents and no easy beats.

TeamSatan

Juniors
I think the sharks are gonna have a big dig in this one. Ricky Stuart had a massive shot at them this week in the Big League ...pretty much calling them yellow fluffy chickens etc etc.

If the panthers are serious this year then supercoach will have the boys pumped to knock the sharks off. We should win on talent alone.

bigfoot

Juniors
To be honest, if we lose to the Sharks we can forget about Top 4 this year, even if Jennings and Pritchard etc are missing.

IMO they have been terrible. I know they beat the Eels, but they were absolutely disgraceful that night. And I know they beat the Knights, but they were just as bad.

All we have to do is complete our sets and be decently disciplined, and we should win. I don't care if it is by 1 point.

Tighe is unavailable for this game, right? And Jennings will be out too if he gets the surgery. Also, there's a chance Pritchard might be out? Everyone else I'm assuming will be fine.

To the guys who watch Windsor every week, who should step up into the vacant position(s)? Elford, Earl, Walker? Someone else?

I really think Iosefa isn't up to first grade at the moment. Good player but needs to get the penalties out of his game.
I think Graham needs to be in the team for his passing game.
I think we should have someone on the bench to fill in at hooker in case Kingston needs a rest.

So I would go with:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon (GK)
3. ?
4. Adrian Purtell (depending on which player(s) from Windsor come in)
5. ?
6. Wade Graham
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva (C)
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard (Nathan Smith if he is out)
13. Luke Lewis
Bench:
14. Travis Burns
15. Nigel Plum / Joseph Paulo
16. Matthew Bell
17. Sam McKendry

maple_69

Bench
Agree with that side bigfoot.
If Blair and Tighe are being demoted for a while I think I'd give Walker and Earl a crack for the vacant spots, they probably have a bit of a combination from reggies which could help. If they're not sold on Earl, (surely Walker will walk it in) perhaps shift Gordon into centre and give Walker and Mcfadgeon/Watene the wings.

Big Mick

Referee
IMO The team should be:

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Nathan Smith, 4. Adrian Purtell, 5. Ryan Walker, 6. Wade Graham, 7. Luke Walsh, 8. Petero Civoniceva, 9. Kevin Kingston, 10. Tim Grant, 11. Trent Waterhouse, 12. Luke Lewis, 13. Joseph Paulo
RES: 14. Travis Burns, 15. Matthew Bell, 16. Sam McKendry, 17. Frank Pritchard

bigfoot

Juniors
Agree with that side bigfoot.
If Blair and Tighe are being demoted for a while I think I'd give Walker and Earl a crack for the vacant spots, they probably have a bit of a combination from reggies which could help. If they're not sold on Earl, (surely Walker will walk it in) perhaps shift Gordon into centre and give Walker and Mcfadgeon/Watene the wings.

Is he due back mate?

murraymob

Coach
the team will be as last game only change jennings out.Tighe to centers elford to wing that will be the side

bigfoot

Juniors
the team will be as last game only change jennings out.Tighe to centers elford to wing that will be the side

So Tighe is fit now and his punishment won't continue? Don't mean to sound rude mate but did you hear this/read this somewhere or just guessing?

It would really help us if he played. :)

murraymob

Coach
So Tighe is fit now and his punishment won't continue? Don't mean to sound rude mate but did you hear this/read this somewhere or just guessing?

It would really help us if he played. :)

tighe was droped for 1 match he has served that one match.His form has been good .Elford will always be first picked we know that.

Walker.. has been playing fullback not sure he will come inrto contention
earl ..would be my pick has been going well as a enter

tighe and elford as selections would follow the line of all previous selections

franklin2323

Immortal
I too am worried about this game we always lose games we should win especially against a team that should lift.

We should name the following team:

Coote
Gordon
Earl
Purtell
Walker
Graham
Walsh
Petero
Kingston
Grant
Smith
Waterhouse
Lewis

Burns
Bell
Paulo
McKendry

We all ME doesn't watch Windsor games so won't know even know Earl and walker are at the club.

Pritchard, Tighe I thought were out for 2 weeks. The reason I was disappointed with Tighe's punishment drop an injured player wow big deal.

Jennings op on Friday.

Walker and Earl have been playing outstanding and should get a run if not now then when??

Elford is old and slow should retire

abpanther

Staff member
Panthers side to take on the Sharks (no surgery yet for Jennings):

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Shane Elford
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:
14. Masada Iosefa
15. Nathan Smith
16. Matthew Bell
17. Sam McKendry
18. Wade Graham
19. Gavin Cooper

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25524

Can someone please explain to me why Jennings has not had this operation? He is clearly having issues with that knee, man he is being managed poorly.

Tighe obviously dropped for disciplinary reasons...

franklin2323

Immortal
Panthers side to take on the Sharks (no surgery yet for Jennings):

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Shane Elford
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:
14. Masada Iosefa
15. Nathan Smith
16. Matthew Bell
17. Sam McKendry
18. Wade Graham
19. Gavin Cooper

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25524

Can someone please explain to me why Jennings has not had this operation? He is clearly having issues with that knee, man he is being managed poorly.

Tighe obviously dropped for disciplinary reasons...

Yeah rubbish decision. If he waits till after SOO. It's pushing his recovery close the potential finals push. Poor going same injury Nurns is back and firing Jennings still struggling

bono69

Juniors
what about daine laurie he was their big signing they were revving up about hasnt even being given a crack yet

murraymob

Coach
what about daine laurie he was their big signing they were revving up about hasnt even being given a crack yet

laurie has been injured only played 2 games for windsor so far and is currently still on the injured list