What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Get our forwards sorted and the likes of Johnson, Green, RTS, Luke will be able to play to their potential.

I agree, but the thing is we've pumped so much money into our spine that we don't have the money to get any big forwards over here.
All we can hope is that our forwards aim up, bulk up and develop over the off season. Also, when Luke finishes up in a year or two, hopefully Roache is looking good enough for us to throw Luke's money at a top tier prop

Big Marn

Juniors
If Sharks win the comp this year, i think it will be due the signing of Aaron Woods mid way through the year. What a coup. They got a tier 1 prop to go with their tier 1 and tier 2 combo they already had with the luxury of bringing him off the bench. Not sure how they remained under the salary cap but we all know the accountants are very creative.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If Sharks win the comp this year, i think it will be due the signing of Aaron Woods mid way through the year. What a coup. They got a tier 1 prop to go with their tier 1 and tier 2 combo they already had with the luxury of bringing him off the bench. Not sure how they remained under the salary cap but we all know the accountants are very creative.

Dogs are picking up the bill in some part initially, right?

Dogs are picking up the bill in some part initially, right?
It's interesting that approach
There is some kind of fair value setup so players cant take massive unders to beat the cap eg Smith for Storm during their breaches.

But yet Sharks are getting a say $800k a year prop for say $400k.
I believe the books should reflect their actual value not what they are getting paid for the club they are playing for.

I hate Woods with a passion but you have to admire how well he has gone because he is there just to play footy

Not the face of the club like he was at the Tigers
Not the captain
Not part of the leadership group

Just there to hit it up

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I hate Woods with a passion but you have to admire how well he has gone because he is there just to play footy

Not the face of the club like he was at the Tigers
Not the captain
Not part of the leadership group

Just there to hit it up

gotta wonder how SJ would go if he had that position in a club. I suspect better

Maybe we need to reverse psychology this shit?
The bag him out doesn't seem to work/motivate/sink in.

New signs at game;
"it's ok Shaun, we know you can't win it for us"

"we know you have limitations."

"we don't expect much out of you"

"Just pass, don't run, it's easier."

"Yes it's the forwards fault"

Blair

Coach
Maybe we need to reverse psychology this shit?
The bag him out doesn't seem to work/motivate/sink in.

New signs at game;
"it's ok Shaun, we know you can't win it for us"

"we know you have limitations."

"we don't expect much out of you"

"Just pass, don't run, it's easier."

"James Maloney's (all smashed up) and on the front cover of GQ"

"Johnson, we'd rather watch your Mrs play"

"Are we better with SJ or Lino at no7?"

"RTS: OUR million-dollar man!"

"Shaun, the sheeple are restless!"

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Theres actually some truth in that as we are always critical on here, of our forward pack, as well as wishing for new forwards. Other than Harris and Paasi, our pack has been pretenders this year. Theyre not a real pack that can win finals footy.

I was listening to some elite sports stuff and NFL came up, there are 32 teams so 32 quarterbacks, but there are really only a few who have it to play at elite level, Manning, Brady and a sprinkling of Roethlisberger. (Don't watch regularly to comment)
They have a population of 300million plus to choose from.
There salaries are larger than NRLs total salary cap as well.

You could probably say the same for NRL, with only a few who can play at the elite level needed.

Theres actually some truth in that as we are always critical on here, of our forward pack, as well as wishing for new forwards. Other than Harris and Paasi, our pack has been pretenders this year. Theyre not a real pack that can win finals footy.
Some truth indeed.
But also an excuse.