What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

Glen

Bench
I was just looking at the Sydney Morning Herald website's reporting of the news. The headline on the main page is "Kenny Dowall Weeps At Verdict."

Then after clicking into the article it has the correct headline that he was found not guilty, however before you get to the body of the article it has links to three stories of the SMH's recent coverage on the matter:

-Shaun Kenny-Dowall put ex-partner in headlock, court hears
-'Oh I bashed her': Kenny-Dowall's joke to mother
-Kenny-Dowall avoids questions on drug use

And this mob is not even half as bad as News Ltd

TheFrog

Coach
Not for any financial compensation as she seemingly has nothing to give but to set a high profile precedent to anyone else thinking of making similar wrongful allegations.

What you'd get is a deterrent to making allegations whether or not they were wrongful.

The Rosco

Bench
What you'd get is a deterrent to making allegations whether or not they were wrongful.

And if nothing is done to Peris, what you'll get is absolutely no deterrent to making wild and untrue allegations that can ruin an innocent man.

El Diablo

Post Whore
he should never have been charged

nfi what the police or DPP were thinking

probably looking for headlines

El Diablo

Post Whore
he should never have been charged

nfi what the police or DPP were thinking

probably looking for headlines

bluefox1968

Juniors
Thanks for posting. A timely reminder of what a disgrace she is.

She says "skd has already brought the game into disrepute".

So simply accusing someone a week out from a gf should be enough to see them gone. Idiot.

I have to admit that I assumed that he was guilty, but looks like I was wrong... Good to read a balanced article on the real story.

Yes, Bourbon Bec should be sued...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Has Ms Peris Snr ever been mixed up in anything like this?

If not, your statement would be akin to calling Wayne Pearce a drunken dog-fondler.

IIRC she was doing something dodgy like flying her american lover into Australia at tax payer's expense.

Parralike

Juniors
Glad he has been completely cleared, as he is my favourite Rooster. Would have been devastating if the charges had turned out to be true.

Reading some of the details of the case, Peris really does seem like a piece of work. Hopefully anyone thinking of dating her in future does a quick bit of google research and then turns and runs the other way as fast as they can.
s
Good luck to Mitchell I've never seen a player cop so much flak ever

flamin

Juniors
There's a lot of hate for Wilson here, but what about Mike Baird weighing in and telling the NRL to stand him down? Absolutely disgusting that the Premier would throw his comments in before someone has had their day in court.

bileduct

Coach
Here's the full judgement.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2016/02/29/1227767/207979-skd-judgment.pdf

Wow, what a read. Each charge is documented in full. It's pretty clear that Peris is just completely full of shit. Some notable gems being that her car was actually being repossessed because she failed to make loan repayments, unlike the story she spun to the Roosters about Shaun forcing her to sell it. The text messages show that he wanted out of the relationship in March 2015 but she insisted it continue. Hardly anything Peris said could be corroborated by any other witness.

fourplay

Juniors
There's a lot of hate for Wilson here, but what about Mike Baird weighing in and telling the NRL to stand him down? Absolutely disgusting that the Premier would throw his comments in before someone has had their day in court.

Yep, and now they all go quiet like nothing ever happened. Like what happened with Brett Stewart.

It's a shame the people who throw mud at an innocent man are never made to own up to their comments let alone apologise.