What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens Interview On Fox..

BJ

Juniors
was a very well presented interview from tim sheens.. he has a mean poker face.. but still managed a joke or two with dayley..

basically said that they have delibratly entered those 9 debutants this season so that next year won't be so daunting when they are in the team more often..

every good team needs a good fullback ie hodgson..

prince will be number 1 choice for halfback..

graham and sattler will fight out the lock and 2nd row positions they will not play number 6 (or those aren't the plans)

fitzhenry, reynolds, marshal will fighto ut for the number 6

marshal will be brought along slowly.. has a lot of rough edges in his game.. defense is a problem.. but will be used as a utility off the bench in the begining of next season.. fullback centre and the two halves positions is where he will be able to cover..

not happy with where the team is placed this year.. will be trying to improve that over the next 2 years.. this year 5 wins away from being competitive and 7+ wins away from being really competitive..

gave a big wrap to mark o'neil.. unsung hero at the club.. stepped up as captain etc..

anyone else got anything else from the interview that i left out?

Grantwhy

Juniors
BJ said:

Tim seemed a lot happier than when he was up here in NQ.

If only they'd gotten rid of that Board before they got rid of Tim :cry:

But then, we wouldn't have got Muzza a couple of [bad] years later :)

I wonder how the Cowboys would of gone with Tim and a good Board :?:

nice to see he is doing good with the West Tigers - I saw bits of the interview and they have recruited very well for next year.

BJ

Juniors
sitting and watching the interview and listening to sheens i started to get excited thinking about next year's prospects.. if the team can gel and work as one then i dare say we'll be a hell of a lot more consistant and jag a few more win and a few more places up the ladder..

i forgot to also mention that sheens mentioned the club is looking at the issue of the two premier league teams.. he also stated that under 20's (i guess that's flegg) will be playing for a full season so we'll have over 100 players that could make the step up.. and it's good because you may find one gem amongst that many players..

was a good interview very indepth.. the more i hear sheens in an interview the more i'm glad he eventually became our coach..

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Good to hear that Buckets got a good rap from the coach as its something he really deserves.

Buckets for captain in 2004 and beyond :D

Once Dead

Bench
BJ said:
was a very well presented interview from tim sheens.. he has a mean poker face.. but still managed a joke or two with dayley..

basically said that they have delibratly entered those 9 debutants this season so that next year won't be so daunting when they are in the team more often..

every good team needs a good fullback ie hodgson..

prince will be number 1 choice for halfback..

graham and sattler will fight out the lock and 2nd row positions they will not play number 6 (or those aren't the plans)

fitzhenry, reynolds, marshal will fighto ut for the number 6

marshal will be brought along slowly.. has a lot of rough edges in his game.. defense is a problem.. but will be used as a utility off the bench in the begining of next season.. fullback centre and the two halves positions is where he will be able to cover..

not happy with where the team is placed this year.. will be trying to improve that over the next 2 years.. this year 5 wins away from being competitive and 7+ wins away from being really competitive..

gave a big wrap to mark o'neil.. unsung hero at the club.. stepped up as captain etc..

Great work BJ, well done mate!

BJ

Juniors
if you can watch the replay at 6 tonight (will probably be on around 6:30 as it took up most of the 2nd half of the show) it is well worth it..

Latest posts