What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens

BrotherJim05

Bench
Sheenius tactic:

Sheen's leaks to Newcastle that Brooks wants to head there (even though he doesn't). Newcastle dick around and end up letting Pearce leave. Sheens comes out and says Brooks is going nowhere. Newcastle have no halfback for 2021 and implode. Ponga leaves which sparks an exodus...to which the Sheenius is ready with the chequebook.

Feel free to post any other Sheenius tactics you suspect are brewing at HQ

Fordy20

Juniors
I reckon Tim Sheens loves Luke Brooks at 7 because it reminds him of John Morris at 7...
Geez, I hope not, cos if he does then Jackson Hastings might remind Sheens of Mat Head, meaning we can look forward to Hastings playing less than half a season in the halves before being dumped to reserve grade and then finally being released to the Roosters for 2023

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sheens does seem to have had a positive impact at least from the medias viewpoint. Rothfield, Ritchie etc all like him so the Tigers bashing articles will likley dry up. Whilst his coaching sometimes left a lot to be desired, we never lost a player we wanted to keep under Sheens. I'm hoping that part can continue.

The Rosco

Bench
Sheenius tactic:

Sheen's leaks to Newcastle that Brooks wants to head there (even though he doesn't). Newcastle dick around and end up letting Pearce leave. Sheens comes out and says Brooks is going nowhere. Newcastle have no halfback for 2021 and implode. Ponga leaves which sparks an exodus...to which the Sheenius is ready with the chequebook.

Feel free to post any other Sheenius tactics you suspect are brewing at HQ
Sheenius tactic#8. Tim finds out about the phantom's crop. Tim gets an uber to Silverdale, and they both sit down and roll up a couple of fatties. After listening to some Bob Marley, the phantom convinces Tim he should be on staff, and becomes the new WT webpage content writer.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't think they will let Sheen's have any control of what players play what positions. As funny as it would be, I really think Twal is not suited for the wing
An interesting point. I think we are soon going to find out and just know the answer to that…Remember Madge has no credits in the bank. Some of his positioning of players and persistence with that has been diabolical..He will to an extent be walking on eggshells, assuming he knows how?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
An interesting point. I think we are soon going to find out and just know the answer to that…Remember Madge has no credits in the bank. Some of his positioning of players and persistence with that has been diabolical..He will to an extent be walking on eggshells, assuming he knows how?
Do you not recall some of Sheen positioning of players? Madge is fine, if they wanted him gone, he would not be here now?

WA Tiger

Bench
Do you not recall some of Sheen positioning of players? Madge is fine, if they wanted him gone, he would not be here now?
If Madge was fine sheens wouldn’t be here. Madge is still here coz it would cost the club near a $mill to ditch him etc etc. Madge is far from fine.

All they are doing (which is surprisingly clever) is surrounding Madge with good strong league people including the assistant coaches to 1 give Madge one last chance, so he can concentrate just on coaching and see if that makes a difference 2 save face for resigning him when they did 3 but more important to have a back up plan when that $mill gets closer to a more manageable figure(to write off) …before sheens arrived with all their missteps with recruitment Mitchel, BJ, Roberts, Brooks $850k signing, resigning Madge, the about face with pangai jnr. the inability to sign marque, etc WT were petrified of making any decision about anything,never mind weather they should or shouldn’t get rid of Madge

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
If Madge was fine sheens wouldn’t be here.

If we were winning everyone would be fine. It we are losing Sheens is at risk. We won't renew Madge's contract unless the team improves over the next 2 years but I figure let him stay the length of his contract. It's not like changing the coach now is going to help anything. Depending on how much they are paying Sheens he is in the same situation.

At the end of the day your position on the ladder is the thing you get judged on.

Tiger05

First Grade
Do you not recall some of Sheen positioning of players?

I remember pissing myself with laughter at some of his team selections. Some of his calls were legendary poor decisions. Recruiting Blair and letting go Fifita.

I can't see Sheens making a huge difference unless he unearths some quality junior talent. We may sign Papalli and that is a big plus if it happens. That will be a next season signing though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember pissing myself with laughter at some of his team selections. Some of his calls were legendary poor decisions. Recruiting Blair and letting go Fifita.

I can't see Sheens making a huge difference unless he unearths some quality junior talent. We may sign Papalli and that is a big plus if it happens. That will be a next season signing though.

Some of my favourite Sheens tactics:

* Beau Ryan as a forward off the bench
* Keith Galloway injured at captains run and replaced with Stuart Flanagan (a hooker)
* John Morris for 3 fkcing years at halfback to replace an origin and Clive Churchill winning 7
* Once picking both Matt Utai and Mitch Brown on the bench
* Bronson Harrison and Danny Galea as starting props in the same game (we surprisngly lost by 40)
* Jamal Lolesi as a back rower
* Paul Whatiura and Shane Elford getting runs at 5/8
* Daniel Fitzhenry ever playing first grade

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think Sheens has been brought in to simply play the game of thrones that is Rugby League. I thought Hartigan did a good job recruiting young guns like Stefano and Laurie, but my guess is that there was a lot more to the job and perhaps Hartigan was out of his depth playing the political game with the board, CEO, sponsors and media, forcing Madge to get involved and possibly distracted. I'm only speculating, but I feel like Sheens has been brought in to handle all this bullshit while Madge simply tries to win us football games.

We can say whatever we want about Sheens (I too remember being flogged by 30 with only 1 forward selected on the bench) but he knows how to deal with the steaming pile of bullshit that is consistently thrown at Wests Tigers

Latest posts