What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2011/12 Thread

Timbo

Staff member
He has the best record in the team apart from maybe Watto who was clearly under orders to keep the workload down. He was probably our best bowler and kept it pretty tight. Earlier in the season he was underbowling himself. With the lack of options we're currently fielding I'd rather he overbowl himself than underbowl himself.

What we need is some of our quicks back. Starc looks like he'll play the next game which is a big boost.

Then we need to batsmen to harden the f**k up.

But it's a complete waste of the shine on the ball. He's a finger spinner, what's he going to get from it?

Timbo

Staff member
He has the best record in the team apart from maybe Watto who was clearly under orders to keep the workload down. He was probably our best bowler and kept it pretty tight. Earlier in the season he was underbowling himself. With the lack of options we're currently fielding I'd rather he overbowl himself than underbowl himself.

What we need is some of our quicks back. Starc looks like he'll play the next game which is a big boost.

Then we need to batsmen to harden the f**k up.

But it's a complete waste of the shine on the ball. He's a finger spinner, what's he going to get from it?

yappy

Bench
Who out of Copes, Lalor and Van der Crapten is going to use the f**king shine anyway. Poor old Copes can't buy a wicket. Lalor's solid, but Timm is out of his depth. If we had Starc, Dougie, Cummins and Haze available you'd have a point. None of them were so you don't.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lalor swings the new ball OK but seems limited when its old and he bowls at round 130-135K.

Copeland too slow for mine.

We got a million bowlers and 90% are either injured or playing for Australia.

No excuse for our batsmen tho.

aussies1st

Staff member
He is alright with the older ball, has picked up a few wickets with it and I'd say he has more wickets with the older one than the new ball.

We lost Coyte before the match which didn't help, he was the only one that looked dangerous in our last game.

African Monkey

First Grade
It's that Anthony Stuart merkin isn't it? I always hated that chump, and I hate him even more right now.
Surely you guys could employ someone better than him. He coached Wellington last season and was a f**ken joke where all he would do is bring nuffies from your sydney club comp. No suprise they were complete shithouse.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm wondering why Sam Robson hasn't been considered. Was dominant in County Cricket for Middlesex last year and is towards the top of Sydney Grade Cricket runs.

Red Bear

Referee
Range of shield games starting yesterday and today. Rain effecting everything. SA 0/34 on the second day against Tassie (not sure if there was play at all yesterday), NSW 1/30 against Qld with Khawaja 4* and Hughes 11*, Maddinson the man out. WA vs Vics starts later this arvo

Big Pete

Referee
Out for 73.

Not too shabby, NSW 4/195 with Smith (32*) & Haddin (6*) occupying the crease.

Harris with 3 wickets already.

aussies1st

Staff member
Siddle misses his hattrick after Carters dropped a sitter and Darsh out to Maxwell.

aussies1st

Staff member
over 71.2: Magoffin to haddin, no run, out, pitched in a fraction short by magoffin wide of off stump, haddin takes a wild swing at the ball but can only manage a fine outside edge through to hartley the keeper

smh

Earl

Coach
Michael Klinger 219*

Crying shame he is on the wrong side of 30. I love the way he plays.

VIC add 29 in 3 overs and declared.

WA need 367 to win from about 90 overs.

With QLD looking unlikely to get any points today, if WA win they will lock up top spot and host the shield final.