What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2018/19

Eelectrica

Referee
WA 7/189

Shaun Marsh made 81
As long as he does that in the tests (Plural), no problems. Guess we'll see.
When Ponting retired from test cricket and played the shield season I think he was still one of the leading runs scorers, so scepticism is warranted.

jargan83

Coach
As long as he does that in the tests (Plural), no problems. Guess we'll see.
When Ponting retired from test cricket and played the shield season I think he was still one of the leading runs scorers, so scepticism is warranted.

Scepticism is very warranted where it applies to a Marsh brother.

WA were rolled for 198 so that’s a handy lead for NSW

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a million bucks at state level and average at international level, lazy footwork will eventually get found out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Blues went the tonk and got some quick runs down the order.

WA need 317 and are currently in some shit at 5/59, Darsh got a duck

Timbo

Staff member
Burns man of the match in the Bulls thumping of the Vics.

He is such a quality player at a time when we’re screaming for an experienced top order bat.

Bazal

Post Whore
Burns man of the match in the Bulls thumping of the Vics.

He is such a quality player at a time when we’re screaming for an experienced top order bat.

Yep, but apparently someone cast a spell on the poor bloke that makes him invisible to the selectors

aussies1st

Staff member
There is the begger Marsh again!
Agree on Burns, how Harris got in over him I'll never know

Timbo

Staff member
Every other day there is an article lamenting that twenty years ago we had a host of high-quality first class cricketers beating down the door when there was an injury and now it's only promising kids and journeymen who average in their mid 30s - he is right bloody there!

100 FC matches, 15 tons, 41 average.

Just pick him!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Did I hear that right that Finch averages around 18 in Shield cricket as opener?

Hopefully he can build on with what he did in the UAE, otherwise you would imagine he won’t make the whole series

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did I hear that right that Finch averages around 18 in Shield cricket as opener?

Hopefully he can build on with what he did in the UAE, otherwise you would imagine he won’t make the whole series

A few articles around prior to this round of shield games starting quoting those figures, so the answer to this, according to some of the Victorian media, was to bat him at 3 for this round.

I dont see his test career lasting too long