What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2020/21

TheParraboy

Staff member
8 most recent Shield games now between these two States and NSW haven't won one,
I think 2 draws

Will it be 9 in a row next week?, or will Bliues break a win in?

Paddy in for Starc should seal a win

Incorrect

Coach
f**k me. Why wouldn't they have opened with Copeland if the other bloke was going to be Lyon at the other end? Copes hasn't gone for over 2 runs an over in Shield cricket for about 30 years. Instead Starc who promptly gifts them 4 an over.... Clueless

TheParraboy

Staff member
f**k me. Why wouldn't they have opened with Copeland if the other bloke was going to be Lyon at the other end? Copes hasn't gone for over 2 runs an over in Shield cricket for about 30 years. Instead Starc who promptly gifts them 4 an over.... Clueless

I think, they think, that Starc would come good and blast them out with the new ball

Good in theory, not so much in a recent sample pool

Incorrect

Coach
I think, they think, that Starc would come good and blast them out with the new ball

Good in theory, not so much in a recent sample pool
I seriously question that thinking, as you say, based on recent form. If I was skipper of that team and decided Lyon was opening the bowling, Copeland is my man at the end, no question. And when Copes needs a break, I go with Abbott most likely. Starc is last roll of the dice option right now IMO

I feel like a crusty old horse blanket, John Snow loving curmudgeon but I seriously question the tactical nous of some captains and coaches around these days....

Bazal

Post Whore
I seriously question that thinking, as you say, based on recent form. If I was skipper of that team and decided Lyon was opening the bowling, Copeland is my man at the end, no question. And when Copes needs a break, I go with Abbott most likely. Starc is last roll of the dice option right now IMO

I feel like a crusty old horse blanket, John Snow loving curmudgeon but I seriously question the tactical nous of some captains and coaches around these days....

Agreed. Baldy needs a metronome at the other end in that situation, you're hoping to nab a wicket or two with pressure as much as anything. Sure it might be ripping, but if they've got an easy release at the other end they can put the wall up for Alien Head.

Nevill is usually pretty cluey, so is Moises. So it's a weird one. I suppose on the flipside your Test match guys should be able to get the job done

Incorrect

Coach
Agreed. Baldy needs a metronome at the other end in that situation, you're hoping to nab a wicket or two with pressure as much as anything. Sure it might be ripping, but if they've got an easy release at the other end they can put the wall up for Alien Head.

Nevill is usually pretty cluey, so is Moises. So it's a weird one. I suppose on the flipside your Test match guys should be able to get the job done
Yep. Nevill's in a shit situation there I guess.

He's watched Copes dry runs up for the last 4 seasons behind the Stumps...

Innings break convo goes;
Nevill - "alright lads, Lyno is going to open from one end.... And I'm thinking"
Starc interjects - "Me from the other end Skip?"
Nevill - "Not quite Mr Healy. I was thinking"
Haze interjects - "Me from the other end Skip?"
Nevill - "Well, no hayseed, I was actually going to go with"
Abbott interjects - "Me skip? I was in the Test squad you know"
Nevill - "ah f*ckit. Hey Crater face, here's the new rock, do your worst"

Eelectrica

Referee
Qld 3 down, 94 to get.
Time for Renshaw to stand up and be there when the winning runs are hit.

QLD Wins by 3 wickets. Khawaja not out on 115 leads the mighty Bulls home.
Good games from Burns, Labs and Khawaja.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean, people who called Joe Burns a park cricketer deserve the teabagging he's just given them

Merkin was in worse form than any Aussie except me but he can bat. Taste the scrotum.

Eelectrica

Referee
I mean, people who called Joe Burns a park cricketer deserve the teabagging he's just given them

Merkin was in worse form than any Aussie except me but he can bat. Taste the scrotum.
Yeah, I wouldn't be stamping Burns' papers just yet. Our test batting line up still has plenty of holes. Warner ain't getting any younger and we still haven't settled on an opening partner him for yet, let alone a replacement for Warner when he does hang 'em up.

Spot 5 & 6 are still a shambles.
So yeah, our selectors can't be closing the book on anyone just except maybe Wade because he can't be relied on to not do something stupid once he's 'In'