What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2021/22

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tell me Parraboy how does Chris Tremain with FC 244 @24 not warrant a spot in this team. He should be the Blues frontline opener yet Abbott with a moderate 169 @33 is given the honors instead.

Id say it was between Tremain and Conway. Though Tremain has a slightly better average, Conway has improved out of sight last 12-18 months. So no probs from me. Who knows the old adage "net form" may have played a small part as well?

Abbott at 6, so playing the all rounder role for side balance id imagine. Is a more than capable bat, not reflected on his average. Though usually batted at no8. Lets see what he does at 6

Id say it was between Tremain and Conway. Though Tremain has a slightly better average, Conway has improved out of sight last 12-18 months. So no probs from me. Who knows the old adage "net form" may have played a small part as well?

Abbott at 6, so playing the all rounder role for side balance id imagine. Is a more than capable bat, not reflected on his average. Though usually batted at no8. Lets see what he does at 6
I rate Tremain top three outside the Test attack yet he never seems to make the next quicks Test queue. He also performed in the off season for a Blues rep side in several CA exhibition matches. He is a trump card with that record so make room for him Blues selectors.

I Agree Harry is one of the most improved quicks in the comp. I dont wanna see him dropped for Tremers tho as he has earned his spot after copping a rotten deal being stuck in rookies for two years. I have rated him since he took an all bowled hat trick in the 2012 under 19 WC.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm coming out and saying it. Crisp Terrain is the best red ball bowler in the country. I have rated him since his 2 wicket maiden back in the under 11s in 1998.

Has all three Vicco wickets to fall too. Dont tell me after a career of red ball failure, this bloke, buoyed by a terrific 20/21, is finally living up to his teenage promise.

Last edited:
Western Australia squad: Shaun Marsh (c), Cameron Bancroft, Hilton Cartwright, Cameron Gannon, Cameron Green, Matt Kelly, Lance Morris, Joel Paris, Josh Philippe, Jhye Richardson, Corey Rocchiccioli, D’Arcy Short, Sam Whiteman.

South Australia squad: Travis Head (c), Alex Carey (wk, vc), Jake Carder, Brendan Doggett, David Grant, Henry Hunt, Corey Kelly, Jake Lehmann, Nathan McAndrew, Nathan McSweeney, Harry Nielsen, Lloyd Pope, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall.

Rain has delayed a start at the WACA.

Last edited:
Debutant Sangha picking up his first two FC wickets from only five overs while the veteran Lyon has been wheeling down 16 fruitless ones. Kid finished with three scalps..

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Abbot first 4 wickets , 4/26
Couldn’t ask more from your opening bowler. Hope he can get some runs as well.

Looks like Maddinson sticking around where the rest of the deck falling around him.

Heh CA Joel Paris would make an excellent replacement for Starc. Give him a crack after injuries have ruined his career to date. Played a mere 22 FC matches since his 2015 debut.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sean Abbott with a pathetic 6/38 in the red ball game against the Vics. If my man Chris Tremain had been given the red ball he would have taken 10/4 @ 24.

Surely Renshaw and Maddison come in to the Test team.

1st Ashes
Renshaw
Khawaja
Laubalasagne
Smith
Maddinson
Wade
Tanveer
Cummins
Hazlewood
Tremain
Nesser

Neil-Smith asking questions of a well set Khawaja this morning. One of the comms compared the lanky Sydney quick to another lanky quick.. a young Glenn McGrath.

Blues 3-100 at lunch.. Patterson 40*

Bulls having a ball up in Townsville. Khawaja with his second ton on the trot. Renshaw looks like he is having a net.

Perennial disappointment Jason Sangha with a brain explosion after lunch! Need common sense on this track. As he was walking off spied his skipper shaking his head. Coach should can him for that. He has now opened the door for the Vics with the brittlest part of the Blues top six to follow.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
When I was playing red ball you'd know the captain was angry with you because he'd literally put you in a can if you scored less than 50 runs.

I would have bowled Lanky Lawrence all day from one end. If he died, too bad, this is red ball.