What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2022/23

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kicks off 3rd October (day after the NRL GF)

1st Match: Oct 3-6
Western Australia vs New South Wales

NSW SQUAD

Squad: Sean Abbott, Trent Copeland, Pat Cummins*, Oliver Davies, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Matthew Gilkes, Ryan Hackney, Ryan Hadley, Liam Hatcher, Josh Hazlewood*, Lachlan Hearne, Moises Henriques, Baxter Holt, Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon*, Kurtis Patterson (c), Daniel Sams, Jason Sangha, Tanveer Sangha, Steve Smith*, Mitchell Starc*, Chris Tremain, David Warner*, Adam Zampa*. Rookies: Liam Doddrell, Blake Nikitaras, Jack Nisbet, Lachlan Shaw, Will Salzmann, Hunar Verma
* Cricket Australia contract

TheParraboy

Staff member
1st game underway - Toss WA

Dwarshuis debut for the blues

DAY 2

NSW 180 (Patterson 72no, Morris 5/36)
WA 258 (Wyllie 104, Dwarshius 4/48)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RESULT
Round 1, Perth, October 03 - 06, 2022, Sheffield Shield

New South Wales Flag

New South Wales
180 & 162
Western Australia Flag

Western Australia
(T:85) 258 & 85/2
West Aust won by 8 wickets

Kicks off 3rd October (day after the NRL GF)

1st Match: Oct 3-6
Western Australia vs New South Wales

NSW SQUAD

Squad: Sean Abbott, Trent Copeland, Pat Cummins*, Oliver Davies, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Matthew Gilkes, Ryan Hackney, Ryan Hadley, Liam Hatcher, Josh Hazlewood*, Lachlan Hearne, Moises Henriques, Baxter Holt, Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon*, Kurtis Patterson (c), Daniel Sams, Jason Sangha, Tanveer Sangha, Steve Smith*, Mitchell Starc*, Chris Tremain, David Warner*, Adam Zampa*. Rookies: Liam Doddrell, Blake Nikitaras, Jack Nisbet, Lachlan Shaw, Will Salzmann, Hunar Verma
* Cricket Australia contract
Thanks @TheParraboy. This old bloke lives for pure cricket. Tipping WA for a two-peat after the way they wiped the floor with the Blues in first match. Poor selections. We will need changes for Round 2.

Last edited:
Teague Wyllie

That was some knock by this kid. Showed application, mental stamina and sheer talent well beyond his years. Dont wanna blow up the kids tyres too much but he looks like a future Test diamond. Have been following his progress for several years due to a series of videos of him being tutured/mentored by a former pro cricketer. One vid has Teague facing up to 145kph rockets from a bowling machine. He was a baby just 14 and had such confidence and brashness that he actually commented as he played each shot.

edit: 160kph rockets

Last edited:
1st game underway - Toss WA

Dwarshuis debut for the blues

DAY 2

NSW 180 (Patterson 72no, Morris 5/36)
WA 258 (Wyllie 104, Dwarshius 4/48)
Dont se Chris Tremain listed. But in my humble view we witnessed one of the most economical first class spells ever from the Dubbo born r/armer on the second day. From memory 'Tremmers' finished with the astounding figures of 24-15-2/25. That is what I call pressure -building. He only took the two poles but given the numerous times he missed the edge it could've been a 5for or more.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Teague Wyllie

That was some knock by this kid. Showed application, mental stamina and sheer talent well beyond his years. Dont wanna blow up the kids tyres too much but he looks like a future Test diamond. Have been following his progress for several years due to a series of videos of him being tutured by a former pro cricketer. One has him facing up to 145 click rockets from a bowling machine. He was a baby just 14 and had such confidence and brashness that he actually commented as he played each shot.

the article I read said 160 km/hr

One ball was 160kph most were in the 150-157 range. So I downgraded him. Incredible for a boy just turned 14. He scored a First Grade ton at 16 too.

Last edited:
I tipped Bulls and Vics to win their matches and looks to be panning out that way. SAussies may have boosted their bowling stocks but the batting is still their achilles heel. Having Aussie keeper Alex Carey on hand was a godsend with his vital 70 to keep them in the contest.

Tassie must make batting changes if they are to avoid another moderate season. Some new blood in the attack is also necessary. Siddle and Bird look spent forces in my humble view. I'd look at bringing in Ellis and Neil-Smith.

Last edited:
Golden boy Will Pucovski is having a poor start to the season, with a duck and 9. Not exactly what the national selectors were hoping for.

Bulls roared Tigers were toothless. Big changes needed in the batting for Tassie after that debacle.

Last edited:
SAussies will need something special today to avoid a massive defeat with the Vics in total control after day three.