What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2022/23

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sangha played well last year in the BBL.

I thought T20 would be his weaker format.

He has underperformed at Shield no doubt.

I still think he may end up like a Mike Hussey finally get there as a late bloomer & click because out of all the young batsman in NSW he has the most talent & potential i can see. But yeah could be a slow burn to get there.

Yeah I think he will get better, and deserves persisting with for a couple of years at least. not like there is others knocking the door down

From memory didnt MHussey average over 50.00 in Shield and over 10,000 FC runs at 30 years of age? All this before his test debut? Then continued the over 50.00 average in 79 tests.

Jason's got a long way to go

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I think he will get better, and deserves persisting with for a couple of years at least. not like there is others knocking the door down

From memory didnt MHussey average over 50.00 in Shield and over 10,000 FC runs at 30 years of age? All this before his test debut? Then continued the over 50.00 average in 79 tests.

Jason's got a long way to go

yeh, and Marto wasn't far behind, similar first class stats

Copy the Western Australia blueprint, whatevewr that is.
IMO it is the WACA's excellent red ball Premier Cricket program where boys as young as 13 are given the best training, facilities, umpires and coaches. May be jumping the gun , but I reckon the most promising first class cricketers will come from the West in the next five years. Green is established while Hardie, Inglis, Morris have emerged in the past two years.

Last edited:
Yeah I think he will get better
Just my opinion, Jason suffered from the pressure of expectation when he came onto the scene as a teen prodigy. He made national U17 teams at 15, U19 at 17. Scored hundreds and the media called him the next big thing in white ball cricket. Then he became the second youngest , after Tendulkar to score a red ball ton against a touring English side. And the media went bananas labeling him the next Smith or Ponting. At 18 unless you are a mentally mature 18 that is a lot to handle.

Last edited:
This is Zamps first shield cap for the Blues since 2012/13. Finding himself behind, Smith, SOK, Horitz he accepted an offer for the next season from SACA.

Last edited:
He has underperformed at Shield no doubt.
Yes. There were some promising signs late last season when he was made stand in skipper and batted #3. Has scored a couple of 50s at first drop too this season. Seems responsibility brings out the best in the young fellar. But he does have to conquer inconsistency if he wants to wear a baggy green.

Last edited:
Solid start by the Blues this morning in reply to Vics 209.
Sangha had another 50 at his mercy.. but drove at a wide one he should have left, while Blues 'mr inconsistent' Henriques is having his one good knock for the month.

Last edited:
There needs to be some hard decisions by our selectors at season end. They should take retirement out of the hands of Henriques, Hughes and Copeland. All are past their used by dates.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There needs to be some hard decisions by our selectors at season end. They should take retirement out of the hands of Henriques, Hughes and Copeland. All are past their used by dates.

not sure about Hughes but agree with the other 2

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tremmers with a double wicket maiden.
200.gif

Baggers watching this.

NSW win coming up, first win vs Victoria in Sheild in almost a decade I reckon...
Not counting my chickens just yet. We certainly made it hard on ourselves by not capitalizing on that double wicket over by Tremain when we had them in big trouble. Well done by their rookie Kellaway to keep us at bay.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Some controversy in this game

Sam Elliot retired hurt on 26

Was going to come out to bat again, but umpires heard he asked for panadol, and they got a doctor to check him out. Doc ruled him out of the game

Probably more to it than that, as ABC radio were saying Handcomb and Rogers were pissed off

NSW 175 to go tomorrow, 9 wkts in hand

Need one of Hughes or Sangha to bat through then good as gold