What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield FINAL - Victoria vs Queensland at Junction Oval 13-17 March

Who will win the 2008-09 Sheffield Shield?

• Victoria

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw (which means Victoria would win the shield on supperior table position)

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spike

First Grade
This is one of the worst SS finals in recent memory due to the weather. Anyone would think that Melbourne was in New Zealand

TheParraboy

Staff member
Victoria are deserved winners this year, regardless of the washout here

I dont think they have lost a shield game

Red Bear

Referee
there's been plenty of domestic dynamos who have been epic failures for australia. White is near top of the list

Anyway well done victoria, shame the weather has ruined this match but you get that

Watson dropped what, 3 catches?

As if Watson hasn't had a bad enough game... he just got out on the 7th ball of the over!!!

And it was the QLD umpire who couldn't count.

VIC 510 & 1/82

QLD 200

VIC lead by 392 runs with 1 day remaining

I'd like to see the Vics go the tonk for 10 -12 overs tomorrow morning (maybe even hit a few catches in the direction of Watson) and give themselves 90 overs to bowl QLD out to win outright.

TheParraboy

Staff member
somehow I dont think Victoria will declare pre-lunch tomorrow

say 450 off 90 overs, it shouldnt be reached, but it is 540 balls, there is a very small outside chance one or two players could go beserk and give them heart attacks at least, I dont think they will be up for that. Id expect them to get a 500+ run lead before even thinking about declaring

Well deserved by the Vics, been the standout team by a mile this season.

Sunshine very unlucky not to get player of the final for the Vics.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
congrats to the Vics on their win

best team all year without doubt

eddiesmith

Juniors
Victoria dominate the one dayers as well but they didn't win that did they? :D
Didnt dominate the one dayers as well, got thrashed by QLD and should have finished 2nd except QLD lost to SA :lol:

Probably lucky they did otherwise the final probably would have ended without a ball being bowled given the weather up there that week