What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: NSW V. Tassie

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cricket NSW selectors have named a strong squad of twelve to face Tasmania in the Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground starting at 11am tomorrow.
The RTA SpeedBlitz Blues have named seven Australian representatives in a well balanced squad.
Pace bowler Josh Hazlewood comes into the twelve and will be in line to make his Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield debut. He made his domestic one-day debut in yesterday's loss to Tasmania at North Sydney Oval, and has played a First-class match for NSW against New Zealand.
The full squad of twelve is:
Simon Katich (c)
Doug Bollinger
Burt Cockley
Michael Clarke
Stuart Clark
Phillip Hughes
Brad Haddin
Phil Jaques
Usman Khawaja
Josh Hazlewood
Steven Smith
Stephen O'Keefe
12th man to be named on the morning of the match.

Brett Lee was not considered for the match after suffering a reaction to his elbow injury.

http://www.cricketnsw.com/default.aspx?s=news-display&id=18698

lockyno1

Post Whore
Where the heck is Warner? Got to laugh at Lee..so you were fit you mong? Fair dinkum you nancy boy, you were not fit!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im sure Lee will be right to go for the SCG test, probably doesnt want to play in Queensland next week, dont blame him

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would go with

Phillip Hughes
Phil Jaques
Simon Katich (c)
Michael Clarke
Usman Khawaja
Brad Haddin
Steven Smith
Stephen O'Keefe
Stuart Clark
Doug Bollinger
Josh Hazlewood

Burt Cockley 12th

aussies1st

Staff member
Poor Starc, he had a chance to get his name out there until injury struck. Casson has fallen out of favour already.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Poor Starc, he had a chance to get his name out there until injury struck. Casson has fallen out of favour already.

I think Smith's form would have edged Casson out anyway

I really dont like O'Keefe, he bowls pretty flat like Clarke, no flight at all, unless he was just bowling darts in the one dayer yesterday but doesn't strike me as a strike 4 day bowler

I reckon Lee could just about kiss his test match chances good bye, unless we get an injury

Its a toss up between Cockley and Clark, he really looked pedestrian yesterday and on current form I'd probably go with Cockley as he is more a a strike bowler than a containing bowler which is what you want in a 4 dayer.

Clark's day really seem numbered if all he is going to bowl is 110-120 ks

big pat

Coach
currently nsw are 2/124, jaques66, hughes 12, katich no 41 clarke no 0, just came in, the blues won the toss.

Evenflow

Bench
Hughes really needed a big innings to impress to be any chance of selection in the first test but looks like he's blown it. He might score heavily in the second but if he does i don't think one decent innings is enough to warrant a spot, especially given he hardly scored in the first shield game. Looks like he'll just have to bide his time and wait for whoever they go with to open to fail. He still has to make runs though.

Latest posts