What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield - NSW v VIC

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lol going to need to build a bridge champ. Watson has been exceptional at Opener.
Na, Ricky won't be captain for ever, I also saw his performance for QLD as opener, from memory 7 matches for an average of 6.

beads6

First Grade
Na, Ricky won't be captain for ever, I also saw his performance for QLD as opener, from memory 7 matches for an average of 6.

In 2008!!!! Fact is Watson has been brilliant at opener and it is hard to move him down when Hughes hasn't been batting well. I hope he moves to 4 or 5 TBH.

yappy

Bench
5/108 at tea gives a 223 lead. If we can knock the tail over this session it will be interesting but if the Vics get it out to 300 that should be plenty. It looks like a tough pitch to score on now with both sides well under 3 an over today.

yappy

Bench
In 2008!!!! Fact is Watson has been brilliant at opener and it is hard to move him down when Hughes hasn't been batting well. I hope he moves to 4 or 5 TBH.

He's been a long way short of brilliant. The fact the middle order has been so ordinary makes his contributions look better than they are. Don't get me wrong, he's gone better than I thought he was capable of, but he is no where near the top half dozen openers in test cricket. There have been some brilliant performances by openers in the last two years. Watson has just been solid.

Since Nov 08:
Sehwag - 19 tests, 1818 runs at 60.60 with 7 hundreds
Gambhir - 15 tests, 1381 runs at 57.54 with 6 hundreds
Dilshan - 15 tests, 1373 runs at 57.20 with 6 hundreds
Smith - 17 tests, 1409 runs at 56.36 with 5 hundreds
Gayle - 15 tests, 1203 runs at 52.30 with 5 hundreds
Katich - 24 tests, 2163 runs at 51.50 with 5 hundreds
Strauss - 24 tests, 1834 runs at 48.26 with 6 hundreds
Watson - 15 tests, 1267 runs at 46.92 with 2 hundreds
Cook - 26 tests, 1791 runs at 42.64 with 6 hundreds

aussies1st

Staff member
If Ronnie keeps this up I wouldn't say no to him taking over North or Hussey. 3 100s in 3 matches which is well clear of the next best at 1 100.

Red Bear

Referee
a bit f**ked, 357 run lead with 3 wickets in hand.

Get them quickly and a few batsmen fire and we could chase that, but it's pretty unlikely

Last game Tassie set the Vics about 350 @ 4 rpo and they bowled us out about 25 short with 5 overs remaining.

We should have at least 88 overs in the last innings to make use of a 2nd new ball if required.

Are they still making up time for the rain on day 1? If not there will be 96 overs, so bat for 5 more, then 3 for change over and 88 left in the day.

beads6

First Grade
He's been a long way short of brilliant. The fact the middle order has been so ordinary makes his contributions look better than they are. Don't get me wrong, he's gone better than I thought he was capable of, but he is no where near the top half dozen openers in test cricket. There have been some brilliant performances by openers in the last two years. Watson has just been solid.

Since Nov 08:
Sehwag - 19 tests, 1818 runs at 60.60 with 7 hundreds
Gambhir - 15 tests, 1381 runs at 57.54 with 6 hundreds
Dilshan - 15 tests, 1373 runs at 57.20 with 6 hundreds
Smith - 17 tests, 1409 runs at 56.36 with 5 hundreds
Gayle - 15 tests, 1203 runs at 52.30 with 5 hundreds
Katich - 24 tests, 2163 runs at 51.50 with 5 hundreds
Strauss - 24 tests, 1834 runs at 48.26 with 6 hundreds
Watson - 15 tests, 1267 runs at 46.92 with 2 hundreds
Cook - 26 tests, 1791 runs at 42.64 with 6 hundreds

He has brilliant for Australia end of story, if you don't think so you have rocks in your head. I'd still like to see him in the middle order.

Y2Eel

First Grade
He has brilliant for Australia end of story, if you don't think so you have rocks in your head. I'd still like to see him in the middle order.

No Australian player has been brilliant for Australia... for a long time if you think they have you have rocks in your head....

Watson is the best of the bunch though but dont call him brilliant...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan Harris with 9 wickets for the match against the Tasmaniacs, hope Punter got a good look at him.

beads6

First Grade
No Australian player has been brilliant for Australia... for a long time if you think they have you have rocks in your head....

Watson is the best of the bunch though but dont call him brilliant...

The Watson hate is still alive.... Add Watson's bowling to his performances and he has been brilliant..

beads6

First Grade
Ryan Harris with 9 wickets for the match against the Tasmaniacs, hope Punter got a good look at him.

He will only play if we go with 4 quicks.. Dougie looks to be fit and Johnson and Hilfy are lock ins IMO.

yappy

Bench
I've got rocks in my head then. He's been solid. That's a lot more than the likes of Hussey and North have managed so he's looked good in comparison. You've got an exceptionally low threshold for brilliance if you thinks he qualifies. Not in danger of being dropped, doing a job and making a contribution, yes; brilliant? Not even close. (no one in the team is)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Averaging 50 with the bat and about 30 with the ball, jeez you are a hard task master. Hell he is probably our 2nd best quick, and he barely bowls, let alone he is the one guy that is dependable at the top of the order!

Y2Eel

First Grade
The Watson hate is still alive.... Add Watson's bowling to his performances and he has been brilliant..

I must hate all the aussie squad then as i said Watson is still best of the bunch.. Hows those rocks?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Averaging 50 with the bat and about 30 with the ball, jeez you are a hard task master. Hell he is probably our 2nd best quick, and he barely bowls, let alone he is the one guy that is dependable at the top of the order!

Who you talking about?:?

Latest posts