What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield - NSW vs WA

Red Bear

Referee
Squad for the Blues has been named, Stuart Clark Captain!

Stuart Clark (capt), Burt Cockley, Phil Hughes, Moises Henriques, Josh Hazlewood, Phil Jaques, Uzman Khawaja, Grant Lambert, Steven Smith, Daniel Smith (wk), Ben Rohrer, David Warner

Hughes
Jaques
Khawaja
Rohrer
Warner
Henriques
Smith+
Smith
Clark
Cockley
Hazlewood

Lambert 12th man

Would be my side

Got a one dayer beforehand with a near identical squad bar Khawaja

yappy

Bench
Yep, can't really argue with that.

Kawaja really should be batting at 3 when the big guns aren't around as you've shown. If he wants to take his game to the next level and challenge for higher honours he needs to start making some consistent runs high up.

I think Rohrer is a fine batsman as well so the top 4 looks pretty solid.

I don't see any point playing Lambert ahead of Warner, and 5 or 6 is probably the right spot for him in the longer form.

I would probably bring Steve in before Daniel Smith though.

I wonder if Thornley is injured or if his paper's have been stamped? I could see the logic of leaving him out to give guys like Warner and Henriques a go, but then they select Lambert in the 12.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Thornley's have been stamped.

Good to see Warner getting a go in the 4 day game, he must have been making runs in grade cricket

Timbo

Staff member
I feel sorry for Dom Thornely.

He's done a pretty good job leading a very weakened Blues side for a few years. I feel he's been given the blame for their bad performances over the last few seasons.

jargan83

Coach
NSW won the toss and sent WA into Bat

NSW

Hughes, PJ Jaques, PA Rohrer, BJ Khawaja, UT Warner, DA Henriques, MC Smith, SPD Smith, DLR(wk) Clark, SR(c) Bollinger, DE Hazlewood

WA

Robinson WM, Towers LJ, Marsh SE, Voges AC(c), Marsh MR, Doropoulos TP, Ronchi L(wk), Coetzee JP, Magoffin SJ Knowles, BA Hogan,

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Pretty good side although I don't know if Smith can be called a 4th bowler even though he bowls the overs of one, he doesn't quite have the strike rate for one.

jargan83

Coach
WA 2/29 at drinks, Towers and S Marsh back in the sheds

Is this Hazelwood's debut in First Class Cricket?

aussies1st

Staff member
This is his Shield debut, played a tour game against NZ. Nice bowling and he got out Marsh who would be WA's 2nd best batter although Robinson is quickly taking that spot.

aussies1st

Staff member
Henriques looking good and we have worked as a team so far. Seems Henriques/Smith aren't too bad as 4th bowlers.

aussies1st

Staff member
Ronchi has been a lot more sensible this season, lets see what he can do in a pressure situation.

Latest posts