What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: VIC vs SA

Brad Hodge's last first class game at the MCG.

The 2 Pattinson brothers are playing together for the first time. James at 19 looked really impressive last week in the FRC match.

Bryce McGain has also gotten the nod ahead of Holland again. It seems as though at the moment McGain is the Shield spinner and Holland the limited overs spinner. Cullen Bailey has also been called up to the SA squad, not sure of their final XI though.

VIC: Rogers, Jewell, Hodge, Hussey, White, McDonald, Wade, Hastings, J.Pattinson, D.Pattinson, McGain and Mash (12th man).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping if McGain put in a good effort here he might get the nod ahead of Hauritz in the test match, but its not to be.

I can just imagine what the Pakis will do to Hauritz in the boxing day test match.

aussies1st

Staff member
The Pakistan batsmen are so inconsistent. I can only see the Akmal's taking apart Hauritz.
Will be good to see James in action today.

aussies1st

Staff member
Dam SA, they are stuffing up Bailey. Nice to see James Smith back in the runs, he fell away a bit lately. Hastings with the only wicket.

SA 3/311

Cosgrove made a ton and Klinger is currently in the 90s.

McGain seems to have struggled this game, I reckon he will be replaced by Holland for the next Shield game.

aussies1st

Staff member
Didn't someone want McGain called up for Australia?
Cosgrove is killing it, won't be too long before hes back in the Aussie picture. And his bowling is useful.

SA ended up with 6/517 declared

Klinger made a double ton

Cameron White finally bowled himself 17 overs 1/70

VIC 1/35

Rogers out right on stumps

eddiesmith

Juniors
Be good to see a team actually chase a target for a change

QLD refused to chase 329 from 88 or so over overs, Australia refused to chase 320 from 81 overs and yet some are complaining that SA was too generous in their declaration

Lunch on final day

VIC 2/167

Hodge out in last over before lunch for 61 off 77

In the last 2 sessions VIC require 214 runs off 67.2 overs @ 3.18 rpo

Latest posts