What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She's gooooorne...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
sunny said:
i dunno willow, are prisoners in indo jails allowed to receive letters scrawled in crayon on napkins?
More importantly, do they build those prisons on the high ground? If NHF gets his wish, there may be no Schapelle waiting for him.

madunit said:
there's nothing to prove she's guilty, but there's nothing to prove she's innocent either.

You got that right.

She had drugs in her possession

True

knowingly

Debateable. She says she didn't know.

she doesnt deny that

She did deny that.

she knew it was illegal to possess them in Indonesia

Most probably, I doubt any Aussie isn't aware of the consequences[/quote]

she got what was coming to her.

What ? No death penalty ?

PJ

First Grade
millersnose said:
how dare those nasty slanty eyes find "our" schapelle guilty of a crime in their jurisdiction

aussies should be exempt from foreign laws

No MIllers, just those countries we don't like.

If it had been a US court, Europe or Britain I'm sure there wouldn't have been anywhere near the carry on.

PJ

First Grade
How about we turn it around and all you people who are so horrified at the appeal imagine what it would be like if we had a foreigner on trial in our country for breaking one of our laws and then had her fellow countrymen denigrating our courts and laws the way teh Australians have been.

Doubt we'd be real happy.

Simple facts are she was allowed a trial and representation, which is better than would be had in many countries, just ask a few of the immigrants in our detention camps (and don't we whinge when the international community criticises us for that).

She was found guilty under their system and punished. We may not agree with decision but I certainly don't agree with many of the decisions our courts make like the sex offenders let out with bail from a Goulburn court despite having previous convictions who then went straight out and abducted, raped and murdered two girls on the southern NSW coast.

How about we fix up our own backyard before we tell other countries how to run themselves.

And for those who are so convinced she is innocent do a little experiment. Grad a bag of around the weight of a boogy board and have a good feel of it. Then add a bag of oranges to it, which is about 4kg worth, then tell me you can't a) see the bulge and b) feel the extra weight. 4kg is a fair weight.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh I don't know. At least she has a judicial system to contend with.
There are some places where they just hold prisoners without trial.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
madunit said:
So Aid is spent to ensure Australian citizens can break laws in other countries is it?

All this time I thought it would go to those who needed the money.

NHF, wake up to yourself. You say there's nothing to prove she's guilty, but there's nothing to prove she's innocent either.

She had drugs in her possession, knowingly, she doesnt deny that, she knew it was illegal to possess them in Indonesia, she got what was coming to her.
So if there is nothing to prove she is guilty, why is she going to spend her life in a filthy bali prison? Where did you get the rest of your info from mate? She carried drugs knowingly? hmmmm I think you've been watching the wrong case.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
sunny said:
i dunno willow, are prisoners in indo jails allowed to receive letters scrawled in crayon on napkins?
Gee whiz sunny boy, you really got me there, honestly, your humour would make you a social smash.

sunny

Bloke probably doesn't know where melbourne is.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the interview corby's mother gave on a current affair. Was like something out of a bad stage show.

AeroShark

Juniors
Look ,None of us has heard the full evidence given by either side in the Courthouse,so all this is just personal opinion.
Don't get caught up in the Media hype,lets wait and see what happens,this is'nt over by a damn sight!

El Diablo

Post Whore
sunny said:
Bloke probably doesn't know where melbourne is.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the interview corby's mother gave on a current affair. Was like something out of a bad stage show.

lol

"Howard better get off his arse or Bush will make him get off his arse"

As if W gives a flying f**k

strange woman

Blade

Juniors
N.Hindmarsh_Fan,

Were you anticipating something in return for your - and millions of other's - efforts/actions to increase the well-being of humankind, as by your donations during the tsunami appeals towards Indonesia - and other tsunami effected nations?

If so, what precisely were your expectations?

Moffo

Referee
Of course she was going to go, the judge disliked her from the start

That said, who knows if she was guilty or not

OVP

Coach
Willow said:
Well nothing like getting your priorities in order. Kill millions of innocents, then ride in a white charger to save a damsel in distress.

Jesus, Willow ... what the f**k is wrong with that ?

NPK

Bench
PJ said:
How about we turn it around and all you people who are so horrified at the appeal imagine what it would be like if we had a foreigner on trial in our country for breaking one of our laws and then had her fellow countrymen denigrating our courts and laws the way teh Australians have been.

Doubt we'd be real happy.

But in Australia, protocol would have been followed. The exidence would have been forensically analysed and fingerprinted. This did not happen in Indonesia.
The judges would be fair, not stubborn arseholes who NEVER give an innocent verdict.

Phillips

Referee
NPK said:
But in Australia, protocol would have been followed. The exidence would have been forensically analysed and fingerprinted. This did not happen in Indonesia.
The judges would be fair, not stubborn arseholes who NEVER give an innocent verdict.

:-k

Latest posts