What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shield Final: Tas Tigers v NSW Blues at Hobart

IanG

Coach
For discussion on this season's Sheffield Shield Final. Starts Thursday

Tasmania Tigers v New South Wales Blues at Bellrieve Oval Hobart.

a 5 day game and I believe its live on Fox Sports

Panther_Daz

Staff member
1. Warner
2. Hughes
3. Khawaja
4. Katich
5 and 6. Jaques/Maddinson/Rohrer
7. O'Keefe
8. Nevill
9. Clark
10. Copeland
11. Cummins

yappy

Bench
The RTA SpeedBlitz Blues will be seeking their 46th Sheffield Shield title, and their first since 2007-08. They were also the last state to win the Final away from home, achieving the feat in 2004-05 when they beat Queensland at The Gabba.
The squad of 13 is (two to be omitted on the morning of the match) :
1.Katich (c)
2.Bills
3.Copeland
4.Coyte
5.Cummins
6.Hughes
7.Jaques
8.Khawaja
9.Maddinson
10.Nevill
11.O'Keefe
12.Rohrer
13. Warner

http://cricketnsw.com/news-display/Khawaja-added-to-RTA-SpeedBlitz-Blues-squad/24458

Khawaja has to come in but boy does that crowd up the top order. I think Maddinson has to be the one to miss out. Rohrer has just made too many important runs lately to be dropped. Coyte will be the other to miss out.

I have no idea how they are going to order the batting though except that Rohrer will be at 6. I hope they leave the top 3 as is and let Kat and Uzi toss for 4 and 5.

yappy

Bench
I'm not that confident tbh. Tassie are tough at Bellerive as we found out recently. It will be an upset to win despite the names in our top 5. I think it's a tough ask to expect a bowling attack with just 30 First Class matches between them to knock them over twice cheaply so we're going to have to score at least one 400+ innings I reckon.

Red Bear

Referee
Our batting>Their batting

Their bowling>Our bowling. We're pretty reliant on Copes and O'Keefe

Red Bear

Referee
If that batting lineup fires first dig we'll pump 500. Jaques Hughes Katich Khawaja have scored 109 centuries between them. Hughes has the worst first class average of the lot, a measly 49.39. It's a pretty decent lineup.

How the order goes will be interesting. I would imagine
Hughes
Warner
Khawaja
Katich
Jaques
Rohrer

yappy

Bench
Uzi in for Maddinson as expected.

Surprise Surprise the pitch is as green as the surrounding square. Bailey wins the toss and sends us in.

Come on boys we're going to need 300+ not that 74 sh*t last time.

Patorick

Staff member
Foxsports.com.au says Tas are batting...

And they are wrong.

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
PKF Tasmanian Tigers: Nick Kruger, Ed Cowan, Alex Doolan, George Bailey (c), Mark Cosgrove, James Faulkner, Luke Butterworth, Tom Triffitt (wk), Xavier Doherty, Ben Hilfenhaus, Adam Maher, Brendan Drew (12th)
RTA SpeedBlitz Blues: David Warner, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Phil Jaques, Simon Katich (c), Ben Rohrer, Peter Nevill (wk), Steve O'Keefe, Scott Coyte, Trent Copeland, Patrick Cummins, Nic Maddinson (12th)

Patorick

Staff member
Roger Wooley reckons Blues will be happy with 2/50 at lunch.

Hope they go better than that.

Latest posts