What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shocks in Roo Tour squad

iggy plop

First Grade
Trent Waterhouse? Villa the gorilla? No Preston or Rhys?

The squad is

Lockyer (c)
Bailey Phil
Buderus
Civoneciva
Mick Crocker
joel Clinton
Mick De Vere
Craig Fitzgibbon
Girdler
Gower
Hegarty
Kearns (v/c)
Kimmorley
Luke Lewis
Mason
Minichiello
Ricketson
Steve Simpson
Matt Sing
Villasanti
Trent Waterhouse
Shane Webcke
Craig Wing

Any thoughts? I reckon preston has been dudded big time.

Kiwi

First Grade
Waterhouse, Mason, Buderus, Bailey, Simpson and Kimmorley should ALL consider themselves lucky to be there.

Campbell, Priddis, Orford, Price, O'Meley and many others deserved spots more than ALL of the above.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Kimmorly and baily got their cos their from the sharks (never mind that they dont deserve their spots)

Mason is still a novelty, Price and O'Meley are far better players.

Simpson must have been selected on past form, Hindmarsh ruled himself out with a wrist injury.

I am surprised that wesser and campbell missed out, but given they have 2 fullbacks in locky and mini, it isnt as surprising that wesser wasnt there, but I'm not sure why campbell was left out - oh wait, thats right anderson doesnt rate him, he wasnt part of a winning culture

Bomber

Bench
Hindmarsh, I believe, is injured....

For the first time ever, the Clive Churchill medalist will not be going on a Kangaroo Tour:

1986 Roo Tour - Sterlo
1988 World Cup - Dunn
1990 Roo Tour - Stuart
1991 PNG Tour - Clyde
1992 World Cup - Langer
1994 Roo Tour - Furner
1995 World Cup - Dymock
1996 PNG Test - Toovey
1998 Tri Series - Tallis
2000 World Cup - Lockyer
2001 Roo Tour - Johns
2002 NZ Tests - Fitzgibbon

2003 - ?????????? - Priddis

6 Roosters
5 Panthers
3 Broncos
2 Knights
2 Sharks
1 Stormcloud
1 Cowboy :D :D :D (first Cowboy Roo Tourist)
1 Warrior (likewise - in fact Villa becomes the first player from a non-Australian club to make the Roo Tour)

Waterhouse (that's Mr House to you!) is a shock selection but he'll do well.

eastsrule

Bench
I tell ya what. That is disgraceful. O'Meley, Sattler, Campbell, Price, Whesser, PRIDDIS weren't picked.

Anderson is a goose.

ball boy

Bench
wtf have the raiders done 2 the selectors not 1 f**king raider and how the f**k did luke priddis miss out 2 its just shit.

incredible_holc

Juniors
hmmmm now you know what us sharks are going through!!!!!

this goose who had a big hand in the selection is running our team!!!!

Bomber

Bench
Let's start a running tally, shall we? :D

Collected from all comments so far...

Lucky to be there
Waterhouse
Villasanti
Hegarty
Mason
Buderus
Bailey
Simpson
Kimmorley
Crocker

Unlucky to miss out
Campbell
Wesser
Priddis
Orford
Price
O'Meley
Sattler
Priddis
Rooney
McLinden
Geyer

salivor

First Grade
What a bloody disgraceful squad. I was backing GB anyway but I hope they take out the series 3-0 now. Chris Anderson has once again made a joke out of playing for your country in league.

Kimmorely, Mason, Waterhouse and Simpson shouldn't be there. Campbell should just face the fact that he will never don the green and gold as long as Chris Anderson is the Australian coach.

The good points about this side are 1. Lockyer will be captain rounding off the trifecta of captaining his club, state and now country, 2. Joel Clinton has been selected, he should've been given a Blue jersey as well earlier on in the year, and he’ll gain a hell of a lot from this tour and 3. Michael DeVere has been selected, he worked hard to make the July test and missed out but now he has achieved his goal. For a footballer who doesn't possess much natural flair or the skill of some of his opponents he’s achieved a hell of a lot in Rugby League through hard work and determination.

salivor said:
The good points about this side are 1. Lockyer will be captain rounding off the trifecta of captaining his club, state and now country, 2. Joel Clinton has been selected, he should've been given a Blue jersey as well earlier on in the year, and he’ll gain a hell of a lot from this tour and 3. Michael DeVere has been selected, he worked hard to make the July test and missed out but now he has achieved his goal. For a footballer who doesn't possess much natural flair or the skill of some of his opponents he’s achieved a hell of a lot in Rugby League through hard work and determination.
4. Anderson won't be coach next year.