What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Fitzgerald go next?

BD5733

Juniors
Denis Fitzgerald, love him or hate him, continues in his role as CEO of our club on the back of the Parramatta Eels being the most professional footy clubs in the NRL.

Well now, we have had......

*players and now coaches leaving mid season
*coaches being told their time is over when there is still a full season in front of them
*crowds falling rapidly

Hardly the signs of a professionally run club anymore.

So if the professionalism is gone, what does Fitzgerald still offer???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, piss him off too

he has to take a bit of responsibility for what happened to Smithy

Nickeel

Juniors
He's been too cosy for a long time now.

He was there during the golden age of the 80s, but has also presided over a most barren run since (in terms of premierships), when we really should have built on those successes to become a true powerhouse.

As an administrator he draws nothing but wrath from other clubs. His baiting comments before matches usually leave us facing a side who want to tear us apart. He has handled this situation so poorly, going way back to when he re-signed Brian for five years (a blunder of epic proportions - who re-signs any coach for five years?).

If 10 years of Smithy saw us needing a change, surely 30-ish years of Dennis is time enough, too?

Nick

jason taylor

Bench
yeah i have never like that man but he cant get sacked so thats bad.

Hes done nothing good i also blame him because he told smith that it was his last season for the eels why woud you do that so soon you should tell him at the end of the season not the start

Hurriflatch

Referee
lets sack Dennis and sign John Ribot as CEO

Damn it I've lost the sarcasm emoticon again argh!!!!!

parralight

Juniors
Redback71 said:
have no idea by the way what was fitzy like as player

Well he played for Australia in an era where if you played in the forwards you had to be tough.

I recall watching him play and he was a fast lanky second rower. A good player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
he's had 30yrs in charge about 15yrs to many.rayprice wanted him sacked yrs ago need i say any more. hit the bricks as well denis.

parralight

Juniors
Ray Price was an excellent player but what does Ray know about Club administration ?
We are one of the best clubs in the world. he must be doing something right.

BD5733

Juniors
No one has yet suggested any reasons why Fitzgerald should remain.

So if anyone who suggested "yes he should stay" would like to elaborate.....

Dirk Titan

Juniors
DF runs a profitable pockie den, the club makes money. But the football side of things?? Has he done a good job.

the_eel

Juniors
there would be plenty of people more than qualified to take over denis's position. I know plenty of very very good Club managers that could do better. I reckon he is well and truly past it!!