What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

karuah6

Juniors
It would seem they are trying to build a roster,but at the same time they need to build the coaching team. Price is not the right person going fwd, no matter what the roster.

Maybe they do need a change but do you think that if a coach is given better players to work with you might get better results.
I do but then again it is only my opinion but I think it is common sense. Not saying all players are not performing as expected but some are not. Hopefully we can turn it around & give supporters something to cheer about.

Dragonsforever

Juniors
I am hopeful that with a better roster who hopefully follow a game plan, Pricey will improve out of sight. Time will tell though I guess.

Father Ted

First Grade
Maybe they do need a change but do you think that if a coach is given better players to work with you might get better results.
I do but then again it is only my opinion but I think it is common sense. Not saying all players are not performing as expected but some are not. Hopefully we can turn it around & give supporters something to cheer about.

May I ask. Are you a current player, coach , support staff or on the board?

possm

Coach

karuah6 I am very interested to know which players you would like to see let go from the Dragons?

nontime111

Juniors
Its all about the HUMAN touch...Steve may be a great guy, I think hes a nice bloke...a top chap! But as far as people skills and streetsmarts, hes no Jack Gibson or Wayne Bennett! Hes so out of touch with how to let people BE themselves, the players are instintually GREAT at league and thats why they are there....then the guy tries to OVERCOACH them by the looks of it, utterly strangles their natural game entirely, is so sad to watch gutwrenching as a Dragons fan...he just needs to GO ....NOW!!

nontime111

Juniors
let the players unleash and go wild I say....why do Dragons just simply look OVER COACHED?? Every time we get the ball we just run it up, strait into the line...its tragicomic to watch but damn heartbreaking for such passionate fans...every team plays with positivity and has a go, we just are soggy bread its awful, I dont hate the man personally, I just hate the way he tries to put his soggy stamp on VERY single play and every player and also never gives a kid a go...when things dont work you change them dont you? were crap and then he keeps the same crappy hopeless team, hes so stuck...hes a Virgo, too anal and controlling, oversafe, laugh at me all you like I dont mind, its a democratic free forum, but have my say I will! Its heartbreaking to watch isnt it? Someone support me here please? ALl I meant with Sheens also, is hed do a better job? wouldnt he? Sheens is just an example, ANYONE I think would make the changes and give the kids a go.....

nontime111

Juniors
and If I cant spell well at least I give a damn! I was dropped on my head as a baby give me a go.... When I see the insanity of picking the same losing team week after week it just sh*&^ me ok! Because the defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over adn expecting a different result, and this is what Price has done since hes been coach so whod expect him to have a radical change? Oust him now and start fresh why wait another whole season?

karuah6

Juniors
karuah6 I am very interested to know which players you would like to see let go from the Dragons?

I would start with our current halves & I feel that you will see a much improved attacking & defensive team. A smart attacking centre & a mongrel forward is also something I would like to see. I think the club is trying to bolster these positions & players leaving will properly come from lower grades.
Cooper can't keep going as he is even though I still believe he is the best defensive centre in the comp but we need some pace in this position.

jenninga

First Grade
No one had ever heard of Trent Robinson. Personally I know a lot of people won't like this and it's just my personal opinion but I would ask Brian Smith to take over for the remainder of this year and give him a contract for next year.
Who's the moron now.How would you like to be offered a job for 6 months and then perhaps offered another year,depending on how the team goes.
A club appoints a coach for 3 years and backs him,not a year at a time.

jenninga

First Grade
All these arm chair experts make me laugh, look Price will be judged on performance like any other coach in nrl. Ask Neil Henry he has a much better roster than ours has lot more experience than Price and can't get a win. The result he will be gone by the End of the year. Price inherited a team that lacks talent in a lot of areas including player depth. Lets wait and see how Price goes with a decent roster if he fails by this time next year he will be gone.
I know for a fact Doust approached Sheens to coach the dragons earlier in the year but he wants to concentrate on the kangaroos and the world cup this year. If Price fails Sheens will be waiting.
Couldn't believe i what i was reading Steelman,a sensible post about the coaching situation.We should give our club the benefit of the doubt in this difficult period in regards to recruiting.

BennyV

Referee
...Brian Smith...

Shocked_Koala_Bear.jpg

TALENted

Juniors
Couldn't believe i what i was reading Steelman,a sensible post about the coaching situation.We should give our club the benefit of the doubt in this difficult period in regards to recruiting.

Price is an imbecile could highlight 50 examples,
Lets use 1: he used vae one game last yr but resigned him this yr,
and as yet I don't think his played! Work out that brainless logic?
Yet he tells gower and marketo to go? Marketo when played last yr was one that performed, gower
Has played reg for manly.

2: Quinlan has a cracker on debut, same game vidot drops 4-5 bombs and fails to score
The winner with 5 to go. The week after vidot still picked !

3: he bought Harrison, vidot, vae, ahmau ,frizzel,Mathews, drinkwater,vai vai...
There his boys, so tell me y we should feel sorry for the clown?

And btw the attack is 2 years in progress is it close
To being if e tuned ?

I could go on !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Don't bother with your examples. Everyone else is to blame bar Price for some people in this forum. If they still think he is the man after what we have all seen the last 16 months or so then you have no hope of changing their minds.

possm

Coach
I've said it before. Price is out of his depth and I am sure he knows he is out of his depth.

I don't know why his contract was extended; I suppose at the next Club general meeting maybe someone will be asked this very question. But it appears to be a huge mistake and the only way to remedy this mistake is to replace Price as head coach.

However, if Price had any dignity or if he had any thoughts for the future of our Club, he would resign. He should resign. He should resing now!

It's interesting to see how Price lovers are now blaming the roster for the poor team results however, none of these members will offer up which Dragons players should be let go. In my opinion the following first grade players are performing below their best:

Creagh
Hunt
Weyman
Harrison
Rein
Fien
Soward
Stanley
Cooper

I don't believe all of these players have just suddenly lost form however, I do believe that some of these players are playing below their best because of injury, some of these players are ready for retirement and some are playing this way because they have been poorly coached over the past two seasons.

Creagh
As far as I know he is not injured however, he is playing way below is best. I would say that the combination of poor coaching and his new leadership duties are adversely affecting his game.
Creagh should stay however, I believe we should have a new captain and coach for next year.

Hunt
Not a big forward so he needs to really put in each game to match it with the opposition. Since his contract was last extended his form appears to have dropped off. His poor defensive effort is of particular concern. I believe the coaching staff should have addressed this problem weeks ago.
Hunt should stay however, I believe he is more suited to coming off the bench. Coaching staff should be working with him on his defensive effort.

Weyman
Weyman is suffering from the problem of not being match fit.
Weyman should stay but he needs to get match fit. Maybe a stint in the Cutters until he regains suitable match fitness.

Harrison
Harrison was put forward as the answer to many of our problems in our forward pack. Unfortunately he has not really lived up to these expectatons however, he has shown glimpses of the type of form/skills we believe he can deliver.
Harrison should stay but he needs to perform much better to hold a first grade spot.

Rein
Rein's contract has recently been extended however, his form has been down for the past few weeks. There are other hookers available - Cook, King and Garvey - who could fill the role until Rein's form improves.
Rein should stay and be given a bit of time in the Cutters with King becoming the starting hooker and Cook and Garvey being given time on the bench.

Fien
Fien is now too slow and prone to making vital mistakes. He needs to make way for someone else to fill the halfback position.
Fien should go. He has played a great role over the past few years but his time has come to hang up the boots. Good luck to him if he can gain a contract with another club.

Soward
Soward is on his way and has fallen out with coach Price. I am a great fan of Soward and wish him the best at the Panthers.
Soward should go as soon as possible. The season is just about gone for the Dragons this year so it's time to give some youngsters a go.

Chase Stanley
Chase Stanley has never lived up to expectations. He seems to be a very ordinary centre lacking in defence most of the time. His lack of penetration in attack could be the result of the game plan because the backline rarely are standing deep in attack.
Stanley should go to the Cutters and remain there as a back up centre until the end of his contract. If there is no improvement he should not be re-signed.

Cooper
What a great player Cooper has been for the Dragons. He will go down in our Club's history as one of our all-time greats.
Cooper should hang up the boots. Frequent injuries and a dramatic loss in pace should see him make the decision to retire.

To be honest, I believe we have a talented roster and only need a few top line players to lift the prospects of success. I believe our major problem is related to coaching.

karuah6

Juniors
I've said it before. Price is out of his depth and I am sure he knows he is out of his depth.

I don't know why his contract was extended; I suppose at the next Club general meeting maybe someone will be asked this very question. But it appears to be a huge mistake and the only way to remedy this mistake is to replace Price as head coach.

However, if Price had any dignity or if he had any thoughts for the future of our Club, he would resign. He should resign. He should resing now!

It's interesting to see how Price lovers are now blaming the roster for the poor team results however, none of these members will offer up which Dragons players should be let go. In my opinion the following first grade players are performing below their best:

Creagh
Hunt
Weyman
Harrison
Rein
Fien
Soward
Stanley
Cooper

I don't believe all of these players have just suddenly lost form however, I do believe that some of these players are playing below their best because of injury, some of these players are ready for retirement and some are playing this way because they have been poorly coached over the past two seasons.

Creagh
As far as I know he is not injured however, he is playing way below is best. I would say that the combination of poor coaching and his new leadership duties are adversely affecting his game.
Creagh should stay however, I believe we should have a new captain and coach for next year.

Hunt
Not a big forward so he needs to really put in each game to match it with the opposition. Since his contract was last extended his form appears to have dropped off. His poor defensive effort is of particular concern. I believe the coaching staff should have addressed this problem weeks ago.
Hunt should stay however, I believe he is more suited to coming off the bench. Coaching staff should be working with him on his defensive effort.

Weyman
Weyman is suffering from the problem of not being match fit.
Weyman should stay but he needs to get match fit. Maybe a stint in the Cutters until he regains suitable match fitness.

Harrison
Harrison was put forward as the answer to many of our problems in our forward pack. Unfortunately he has not really lived up to these expectatons however, he has shown glimpses of the type of form/skills we believe he can deliver.
Harrison should stay but he needs to perform much better to hold a first grade spot.

Rein
Rein's contract has recently been extended however, his form has been down for the past few weeks. There are other hookers available - Cook, King and Garvey - who could fill the role until Rein's form improves.
Rein should stay and be given a bit of time in the Cutters with King becoming the starting hooker and Cook and Garvey being given time on the bench.

Fien
Fien is now too slow and prone to making vital mistakes. He needs to make way for someone else to fill the halfback position.
Fien should go. He has played a great role over the past few years but his time has come to hang up the boots. Good luck to him if he can gain a contract with another club.

Soward
Soward is on his way and has fallen out with coach Price. I am a great fan of Soward and wish him the best at the Panthers.
Soward should go as soon as possible. The season is just about gone for the Dragons this year so it's time to give some youngsters a go.

Chase Stanley
Chase Stanley has never lived up to expectations. He seems to be a very ordinary centre lacking in defence most of the time. His lack of penetration in attack could be the result of the game plan because the backline rarely are standing deep in attack.
Stanley should go to the Cutters and remain there as a back up centre until the end of his contract. If there is no improvement he should not be re-signed.

Cooper
What a great player Cooper has been for the Dragons. He will go down in our Club's history as one of our all-time greats.
Cooper should hang up the boots. Frequent injuries and a dramatic loss in pace should see him make the decision to retire.

To be honest, I believe we have a talented roster and only need a few top line players to lift the prospects of success. I believe our major problem is related to coaching.
interesting post Possm. You have mentioned & named 9 players that you believe are not playing to their potential & should either leave or be dropped & thats fair enough.
Could you also let us know what players you consider that could be slotted into their position to "lift the prospects of success". I was not prepared to name certain players to leave the dragons as I beleive certain positions need strengthing & I am not sure who is on the current market & whether we could afford them.
You also say that we have a talented roster & only need a few top line players. Isnt this is what the club is trying to do.
I agree the club needs to improve the roster & also agree that if the coach can not considerably improve our position on the table he should not be further appointed.
Until then I still say give him a go & see what transpires.
It also might be noted that since our grand final win, we have lost, Gasnier, Smith, Costigan,Saffy, Scott, Boyd, Young, Hornby & long injuries to Cooper, Stanley.
I dont think any coach would be able to cope with these losses without difficulty.
For the record I will repeat that I am not a Price supporter but a Dragon supporter that feels that a coach whoever it is is given a chance to show his true colours when a stronger playing group is available.
The club is trying to provide the ammunition it is now up to the coach to provide the results.

Mr Red

First Grade
For the record I will repeat that I am not a Price supporter but a Dragon supporter that feels that a coach whoever it is is given a chance to show his true colours when a stronger playing group is available.
The club is trying to provide the ammunition it is now up to the coach to provide the results.

one flaw in your argument.. if we bring in "stronger" players as you have mentioned... for example Widdop.... the coach we currently have in charge will not be able to extract the best from those players...
Widdop will not be anywhere near as successful under Price as he is under Bellamy..
every player that played at a high level of performance under Bennett has dropped significantly under Price.. Merrin/Morris are the only ones to sustain any level of quality..

so its the chicken and the egg theory in your case..
you need stronger players, for the coach to have a chance of being successful, however you need a successful coach for the players to have a change at playing strongly...

IMO get the foundations in order first - and that is the coach and coaching staff... then build on that with the right players..

karuah6

Juniors
one flaw in your argument.. if we bring in "stronger" players as you have mentioned... for example Widdop.... the coach we currently have in charge will not be able to extract the best from those players...
Widdop will not be anywhere near as successful under Price as he is under Bellamy..
every player that played at a high level of performance under Bennett has dropped significantly under Price.. Merrin/Morris are the only ones to sustain any level of quality..

so its the chicken and the egg theory in your case..
you need stronger players, for the coach to have a chance of being successful, however you need a successful coach for the players to have a change at playing strongly... "

How are the Knights going under a super star coach that bennett is. Even he has & still is recruiting new players to help him.
I did not know you have a crystal ball but I am bloody sure Widdop will be just as good a player as he is with Melbourne however we need to help him with a decent player alongside him like he has at his current club.
Just give the bloody coach a chance that is all I and other people ask.

Last edited:

Latest posts