What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Slater miss the Grand Final for his shoulder charge?

Should Slater be suspended from the GF for shoulder charge?

• yes

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • no

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think that he must be suspended from the Grand Final after shoulder charging the Cronulla winger. Rules are rules. lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
I did not have a problem with it and just saw it as a try saving effort.If he is missing a grand final for that the game is crazy.
It may be crazy, but those are the rules. I don't agree with the shoulder charge rule, as rugby league is collision sport.

I thought Mitchell was hard done by to miss this weeks game, but then after he got suspended, I thought Inglis was very lucky to escape with no penalty.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
It should have been a penalty try and 10 in the bin. If he doesn’t get suspended it’s just another reason why the crowds continue to drop.
Exactly, is it any wonder people have had enough. They cannot continue to just look after blokes because of their cinderella story crap. They make these rules, they have to abide by them.
Im not a fan of it either, i thought the rule change should of been for shoulder charges gone wrong, ie contact with the head etc. He hasn't got much choice in that situation but rules should be rules and besides that, he is a grub.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The review panel need to look at the incident without looking at the player involved and the knowledge that next week is the GF. If that criteria is applied, the Billy will be watching the game from the sideline.

Just remember Fritz got one week for accidentally touching the ref.

Once again we are in the hands of the NRL. Can we simply ask for consistency?

Mickthedragon

Juniors
The review panel need to look at the incident without looking at the player involved and the knowledge that next week is the GF. If that criteria is applied, the Billy will be watching the game from the sideline.

Just remember Fritz got one week for accidentally touching the ref.

Once again we are in the hands of the NRL. Can we simply ask for consistency?
Cody Walker pushed Friz last week and also pushed the ref at the same time and is not suspended. It's laughable.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Slater has always been a grub and pushed the rules to the limit.
This time he should definitely be outed for a deliberate shoulder charge which is foul play.
Tonight, one of the channel nine commentators said that Slater was the most popular player in the game.

Latest posts