What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Smith, Warner, Bancroft bans be lifted asap?

Should Smith, Warner, Bancroft bans be lifted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheParraboy

Staff member
straight forward question

yes or no

I also think if the bans were lifted, they will never pick Warner again. Not at Test level anyway

Matt23

Staff member
Whilst the suspensions we're a knee jerk reaction and possibly a little excessive and not in line with suspensions for overseas players (Faf), but in saying that that with the damage done to both the players and the Australian Cricket teams reputations, personally I thought they could have been reduced previously, but now it would only make CA look even more foolish, and I'd still want toxic Dave nowhere near the team ever again.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
No.

I agree that the bans were too harsh. But lifting them NOW makes CA look both weak and desperate. It basically sends the message that winning is more important than the moral stand they said they were taking

What they should do is relax them to allow them to play in the Shield and BBL

some11

Referee
No, as it was a conspiracy concocted from the top down and has apparently been used before.

That little pissant Warner should never play for Australia again.

TheParraboy

Staff member
CA will look weak and desperate? Look foolish? Doing it for money?

The BCCI says hello

lol

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No.

I agree that the bans were too harsh. But lifting them NOW makes CA look both weak and desperate. It basically sends the message that winning is more important than the moral stand they said they were taking

What they should do is relax them to allow them to play in the Shield and BBL
Pretty much this.

Agree Baz, but I never want to see that turd Warner in an Aussie side ever again.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lol. Way to prove the point.

So you'd be happy to look like the BCCI?

You missed the point

We bend over and are the laughing stock cause the BCCI dictate things (so we get more money)

But , I think majority of us think these boys punishment has been too severe, so instead of lifting the ban, the excuses to keep the ban is cause CA will look desperate for money?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
After the report that has just been released showing the toxic culture encouraged by CA, I think they are less to blame and CA are more to blame for administering this win at any cost culture.

Its been about 6 months, I'd lift the ban an d make CA serve the other 6 months (if only).

JW

Coach
The bans were a bit ridiculous, but there's probably not a heap to gain by fully lifting them now.

I may be way off the mark, but aside from the look it'll give CA, I also can't image that Smith and Bancroft would be in any sort of form or frame of mind to be unexpectedly pushed straight back into international cricket. Not to mention having to cope with the heavy scrutiny of the past, the decision to lift their bans early and the expectation for them (or Smith specifically) to carry an absolutely shithouse batting lineup.

Should they be allowed to play in the Shield though? IMO, yes.

As for Davey, happy for him to stay at home and watch cardoooons.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Smith and Bancroft would be welcome back by everyone

If the ban was lifted would be happy for them to play on in Shield, maybe target the SL tests late Jan/Early feb which is a low key 2 test series as their international return

Bazal

Post Whore
You missed the point

We bend over and are the laughing stock cause the BCCI dictate things (so we get more money)

But , I think majority of us think these boys punishment has been too severe, so instead of lifting the ban, the excuses to keep the ban is cause CA will look desperate for money?

Fair enough. Would like to note, though, that I never said they'd look desperate for money, but desperate to win.

We've just had the team cheat because of, seemingly, a win at all costs mentality. We've had a review identify the win at all costs mentality. At the time, CA made a big song and dance about the moral stand they were taking with the suspensions. To now repeal them after a couple of test losses simply says that we are so desperate to win that the moral stand is secondary to that.

Like I said, let them play shield but uphold the test suspensions

Latest posts