What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the Dogs be docked points?

butchmcdick

Immortal
can't say i'd ever feel sympathy for a referee

TWO NRL referees have been struck by bottles and an ambulance has been called after Canterbury fans threw projectiles following a controversial loss to South Sydney on Friday.
The NRL has already begun investigating the fans responsible for pelting officials with objects and Bulldogs boss Raelene Castle has reportedly apologised to officials Gavin Morris and Gerard Sutton, labelling the action from the unruly fans as ?unacceptable?.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/re...ntroversial-loss/story-fndujljl-1227290549466

--Storm--

Juniors
That dickhead shouldn't be a captain in the NRL, NRL need to step in and strip him of it, embarrassment.

big hit!

Bench
Sure, but the bias by the officials towards Souths is so great that they'd have awarded it even if he'd missed.

It's a waste of time even playing this season. Souths are going to be premiers come hell or high water. They got every conceivable leg-up last year, and they're getting the same this year.

Oh just f**k off, seriously. this bullshit

the refs penalised Ben Lowe for a strip on the last tackle 5m out of the goal line and in front of the sticks in the 76th or 77th minute. Canterbury took the tap and lost the ball in the ensuing set. Take the 2 points and virtually have the game wrapped up with a decent set in possession, kick and then a set in defence. They wouldn't have been in the situation to defend a field goal and penalised for a negligent charge down which is what it was.

the NFL has the same rule that if you make contact with the QB's legs while he's throwing the ball, you get penalised. He's in a vulnerable position, not unlike a player kicking the ball in rugby league.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Reports of fan violence have marred a controversial grand final rematch between the Canterbury Bulldogs and South Sydney Rabbitohs at Sydney's Olympic stadium.

The Nine Network reported an unsuspecting fan was punched in an unprovoked attack, after angry Bulldogs fans showered match officials with bottles post-match.

The NRL also confirmed that a sideline interchange official had been taken to hospital with a suspected broken shoulder after being hit by a bottle and falling.

The fans were remonstrating after referee Gerard Sutton had penalised Bulldogs skipper James Graham for diving at the legs of Souths half-back Adam Reynolds.

The subsequent penalty was converted to hand Souths an 18-17 victory.

More to come.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-03/fan-voilence-mars-nrl-grand-final-rematch/6370416

Pierced Soul

First Grade
That wasn't a penalty. One of the worst decisions in recent times.

The dogs were robbed. I can understand why the players went off I knew the bottles were coming, it's a shame it happened. Can the nrl check if officials put any bets on?

Noname36

First Grade
They got absolutely f**ked over by the refs and they'd be filthy...but at the end of the day it's just a game and that violent and dangerous behaviour is horrendous.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Dogs carrying on like they were the only team to ever lose a game for a dodgy decision and that killing the refs after the game was understandable.

BranVan3000

Coach
That wasn't a penalty. One of the worst decisions in recent times.

The dogs were robbed. I can understand why the players went off I knew the bottles were coming, it's a shame it happened. Can the nrl check if officials put any bets on?

It was a penalty every day of the week in every game. Only reason people are whinging is because it happened to decide the outcome of the match. And the Bulldogs players threw a tantrum because they f**ked up

footy75

Bench
James Graham has a lot to answer for. His behaviour shows everyone in the crowd it is acceptable to belittle and abuse the refs. Instead he needs to learn to cop a decision on the chin regardless of this thoughts on the matter.

This... He's such a good player and wears his heart on his sleeve but the way he conducts himself at times is disgraceful.

Like the way Des Hasler represented himself and the club in the presser...respect.

Yoda

Juniors
I can only assume by the hysteria on this forum that someone died from getting hit by a plastic bottle?

Latest posts